Future Islands

Inconspicuous

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was looking forward to this lot so left Lionel a few mins early and wasn't disappointed. Sam was on top form with vocals and dance moves, he really does put his heart into it. Seasons was a great moment, if a little short. And yes most other songs sort of blend into one but there's some great catchy tunes in there. Some very respectful interaction with the front of the crowd too.

Just wish they'd speed it up a bit so Sam wen't really mental!!

Very well done to them and up there in my top 5.

They were in my top 3 thought they were brilliant as usual. 

One of my favourite moments of the whole festival is when that young lad about 10 years old was rocking out to them, then realised he was on screen and went absolutely mental and the crowd just gave cheer that got louder and louder.

Whole thing was brilliant

Yep totally loved it. When Sam fell backwards over the monitor in the first song with his mental Dad-Dancing moves, and just picked himself up and said "Good to get that out the way early on!" I collapsed with laughter. Great performance all round, and the other songs are definitely growing on me more now.

Utterly, utterly gutted I missed it, although I'm incredibly likely to see them again either at a festival or one of their own shows.

yeah i was gutted i missed them but always knew it was a possibility due to the Lionel clash so i'll hopefully see them at Bestival instead

One of my favourite moments of the whole festival is when that young lad about 10 years old was rocking out to them, then realised he was on screen and went absolutely mental and the crowd just gave cheer that got louder and louder.

I make you right on the young lad, proper Glastonbury moment, priceless.

Band of the weekend for me

Check it out on iplayer or the link above, about 47 mins in.

Yeah, this was brilliant. It was at the point in time where everyone in the audience was just smiling, dancing, clapping, loving every minute.

I was absolutely drained before Future Islands, had a brilliant 45 minutes, then absolutely collapsed again.

I left Lionel early for this too. So glad i did.

Incredible performance and i hope they come back next year at a better time.

When i got there the crowd was small, but i can understand due to the clash it had. Once Mr Richie had finished though, you really saw the crowd turn up and rightly so.

In my top 3 for sure.

Absolutely brilliant - my highlight of the weekend.

I did decide to swerve Lionel so that I could get a "down the front" spec for these fellas.

I've seen Lionel before but not these fellas.

Glad I made that choice anyway, you feel like you're getting something for your dough when you're down the front at Glasto.

Feels like you're gettng something worthwhile done.

Was always looking forward to this set but it exceeded even my high expectations easily!

Top 3 no doubt about - Sam seemed so happy to be there and his talking between songs was great - as mentioned already that kid seeing himself on the screen really was on of the great festival moments this year.

Just watched it all back rather than just the last 20 mins. I haven't enjoyed a gig as much as that in a long time.

Whether they had the best songs I heard, probably not - but for sheer enjoyment, they were my favourite act of the weekend and by some distance. I feel lucky to have been there for that.

I'm really annoyed the manchester gig is sold out in September.