Hangovers

boblaw

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So. Any secrets? dioralyte? Alka seltzer? Fry up?

Absolutely.

Skip Dioralyte and alka-seltzer - these are expensive versions of very cheap things. You can get electrolyte salts from almost any health/fitness store either as flavoured drink tablets (expensive) or just tablets you have with a pint of water (cheap as chips) - buy a pack and they're also immensely handy on sweaty hot days, very helpful. 3.5p a tab rather than 60odd p for dioralyte i think it was

throw in a painkiller of choice and a fry up to get your fats and carbs back up and you're rolling.

Drinking more genuinely does help too, scientifically proven

Before I go to sleep I generally just drink a pint of water and take some paracetamol (I know you're not supposed to) and I never wake up with a hangover, usually just really tired. Avoid drinking lots of Gin, usually the worst thing to cause a hangover in my experience.

EDIT: I must say, waking up in a hot tent after a heavy night usually makes you feel much, much worse.

Edited by Ipayne

Dioralyte before sleep (absolutely key this, the next morning is too late)

In the morning, a bottle of water with a rehydration tablet (e.g. High 5) then one with a Berocca. Then food. If nothing is handy I have a stash of Nature Valley Granola bars (Maple Syrup flavour) and eat 1/2 of them. Full of oats and sugar. The Dioralyt before bed is the main thing though.

Long shot, but for anybody who has been to Amsterdam, did you check out the hangover shop just off of the main RLD near 'skinny alley'? It's just full of blue bottles of a supposed hangover cure, just wondered if anyone had bought one and tried it and if it actually worked

http://www.amsterdamredlightdistricttour.com/entertainment/hangover-information-center/

This is it. Spoke to the woman in there for a while more out of general curiosity and it sounded like she was talking shit for the most part.

Yeah it is expensive, but a lot of my friends don't smoke so I spent a lot of time in bars. When in Ro...Amsterdam.

Solpadeine soluble....be careful to use the ones with caffeine...not codeine.

Sod that, I always react for the solpadeine max, plenty of codine zero caffine. I need the sledgehammer aprouch to headaches. I'm worse after I come down off caffine.

Ever since I turned 23 the only thing for me is water, water, water sleep then some form of spicy food. I can't do hangovers

Sod that, I always react for the solpadeine max, plenty of codine zero caffine. I need the sledgehammer aprouch to headaches. I'm worse after I come down off caffine.

Ever since I turned 23 the only thing for me is water, water, water sleep then some form of spicy food. I can't do hangovers

23! Wait until you get to 51!

Man up