Hangovers

boblaw

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's not just alcohol you've had, some 5-HTP (fuck, even works for alcohol, don't overdo it prior to taking anything though - serotonin syndrome isn't fun) works wonders. Don't get it from Holland & Barrett, there's people on ebay who are far cheaper.

agree with the dioralyte and paracetamol/ibuprofen before bed with lots of water, and then again in the morning but with an added berocca (or cheap equivalent), plus food and weed. forgot this one night last year (unfortunately, the day i'd been caning red wine) and my god did i feel that i'd forgotten it the next day. won't be making the same mistake this year

If it's not just alcohol you've had, some 5-HTP (fuck, even works for alcohol, don't overdo it prior to taking anything though - serotonin syndrome isn't fun) works wonders. Don't get it from Holland & Barrett, there's people on ebay who are far cheaper.

oh aye and this! swear by this at festivals

Do you take it when you go to bed? I keep forgetting to buy it but am doing it this year!

Dioralyte (or own brand equivalent) for hangovers was a life-changing discovery for me, from this very website.

oh aye and this! swear by this at festivals

Is this still wise if you're going to be doing more than just alcohol the next day as well? I've read that it's not a good idea to take it beforehand, only afterwards - tricky at a festival when the morning after is also the morning before!

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

Dioralyte (or own brand equivalent) for hangovers was a life-changing discovery for me, from this very website.

Is this still wise if you're going to be doing more than just alcohol the next day as well? I've read that it's not a good idea to take it beforehand, only afterwards - tricky at a festival when the morning after is also the morning before!

i've used it as a daily supplement (to aid anxiety/depression) periodically over the past few years, and taken stuff on those nights as well and have never felt any bad effects. obviously doing it 5 days on the run may be a different story all together, but i'm pretty sure i did that the last two years and, again, haven't seen any particular negative side effects. keep hearing about 'serotonin syndrome' but not quite sure what the effects of that would be or if i've ever suffered them

i've used it as a daily supplement (to aid anxiety/depression) periodically over the past few years, and taken stuff on those nights as well and have never felt any bad effects. obviously doing it 5 days on the run may be a different story all together, but i'm pretty sure i did that the last two years and, again, haven't seen any particular negative side effects. keep hearing about 'serotonin syndrome' but not quite sure what the effects of that would be or if i've ever suffered them

Cheers FF!.

Had a fairly bad hangover this morning. I used the rather painful man up approach. Could barely eat a piece of toast for at least 1.5 hours after getting up. I reckon I'll try to avoid hangover state whilst having a non-sober enjoyable time. At the festival that is.

Edited by willutalk

Don't really get 'em at festivals tbh, but a bit of paracetamol doesn't go a miss if feeling a little shady

Paracetamol really doesn't work on me for hangovers. If anything, it makes me feel worse.

A big breakfast (after a tactical chunder if you can't face it), a massive beer shit, lucozade original, coffee & dioralyte & you're good to go.

If you chunder, don't forget to chunder dragon.

Paracetamol really doesn't work on me for hangovers. If anything, it makes me feel worse.

A big breakfast (after a tactical chunder if you can't face it), a massive beer shit, lucozade original, coffee & dioralyte & you're good to go.

I just use it to get rid of headaches and such, but really yeah a big breakfast and just eating as normal is key. More of a mental thing for me I think.

Hahahaha. I've got to ask...chunder dragon??

Edit: Googled it. Wonderful.

Edited by dixietheduck

I live on this stuff at festivals. Stops you getting 'the fear' majorly! I get the double strength stuff on Amazon. Changed my festival life!

I live on this stuff at festivals. Stops you getting 'the fear' majorly! I get the double strength stuff on Amazon. Changed my festival life!

How much do you take and when do you take it? Don't some people take it before before bed to aid sleep? Surely it's not a good idea to take it on a morning if that's the case? I get pretty bad comedowns off heavy boozing, so was thinking about giving this a whirl.

How much do you take and when do you take it? Don't some people take it before before bed to aid sleep? Surely it's not a good idea to take it on a morning if that's the case? I get pretty bad comedowns off heavy boozing, so was thinking about giving this a whirl.

When you have certain 'party medication' shall we say, it releases the serotonin stored in your brain, and 5HTP replaces it, so you can take it at anytime really as long as you don't have too much over the course of a day. I normally take it first thing when I wake up if I forget before bed (but before bed is better). I'm not a doctor but this is from research I have done. Always works a treat for myself and festie mates.

It also means your brain has serotonin ready for your next dosage the next night (you may have experienced it when you take something 2 nights in a row and it just doesn't work, this is because you have no serotonin left to release)

Again, I'm probably not explaining this completely correctly, but it's a gist!