Worthy Farm yesterday in the Sun

Dave F.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your comments. If I happen to go again I'll certainly post the pics here.

Officially the farm is off limits, but I get the impression that's more to discourage a convoy of twenty cars turning up at the same time. There is a public footpath on site (It enters directly in front of the farmhouse) which isn't closed off yet. If you do go, treat it like a building site (& a farm!) There will be fork-lift trucks (transporting the long drop frames while I was there), diggers & tractors. Make sure you don't get in their way & you should be OK.

Michael waved as he passed me & there was no 'gert orf o'moi land'

Is it me or is it a new skin? Looks a little darker than usual. If so it would explain why it's on early/to test it out.

If it is, they stored it in a very dusty place. Up close it's the same grey that could do with a scrub down with a *very* long handled brush.

Wonder if the metal detectorist is looking for dropped cash or tent pegs... Those concrete tubes look like they belong to a certain subterranean bar...

Whoa! that's a bit a wild shot in the dark, isn't it? :-)

That guy was very meticulous, marking out squares to search in. Just a shame that he's probably 10 months too late.

Mr P&P and I will be passing by Worthy Farm the last week in May on our way down to Devon, but I expect the site will be locked down by then, won't it?

I have snuck in that time, but I had to climb a 5 bar gate & got in through Gate C which they hadn't installed. You certainly couldn't drive in.

Edited by Dave F.

Do you reckon if you went down there now with a camouflage blanket and 200 KitKats you could hide out until the 24th June?

I dunno if 200 KitKats would last you till then. 200 Twixes on the other hand...

Sorry :) It seems that every week a student doing a degree in Events Management sticks a survey on here to help with their dissertation.

Ah no worries, I understand now. I'm the *real* kind.

I take it once the super fence starts going up that's the last time you can get in for a look around?

Do you reckon if you went down there now with a camouflage blanket and 200 KitKats you could hide out until the 24th June?

Sounds like a challenge, *grabs sleeping bag camo jacket and heads to tesco for some kitkats*

Hope wickedfairye gets her webcam and panoramics going again aswell

Hope so too, I'm not nearly procrastinating enough at work just being on here all day :lol:

If anyone wants them?

have you not been on this site before dee? ;-)

well for exactly that reason I asked - so many photos already. It's my village so it's nothing out of the ordinary at the moment although I appreciate why people get excited. I have however taken photos from key points in the farm and will repeat them once the festival is in full swing. I think this might make for an interesting picture.

well for exactly that reason I asked - so many photos already. It's my village so it's nothing out of the ordinary at the moment although I appreciate why people get excited. I have however taken photos from key points in the farm and will repeat them once the festival is in full swing. I think this might make for an interesting picture.

The people definitely want! :D

To keep you all happy, a quick piccy of the pyramid stage being built this morning. That the sort of thing you lot want?

20150424_111031_zpsymqj6i8w.jpg

Want :D

Ive nudged the BBC tech team a couple of times.. Dont think its updated since the back end of last year.. It just needs a KICK ;)

Brilliant photos mate. Cheers for sharing. Nice to see the skin up on the Pyramid, hope that's an indication of the webcam being up soon!