Socks

Stretlow

So Me and the Mrs got ourselves some new boots (yes we're wearing them in) and I keep reading about looking after your feet. I've bought some thick hiking socks that are OK but the wife wants done thin ones

Any recommendations or advice for preventing our feet looking like Freddie's face after a few days at Glastonbury?

Thanks in advance..

Any recommendations or advice for preventing our feet looking like Freddie's face after a few days at Glastonbury?

However many pairs of socks you think you need, at least double it to get close to the amount you actually need!

I wear two pairs and in the event of water being around tend to change them before heading back out for the evening. Also have a pair of sleeping socks exclusively for the tent!

However many pairs of socks you think you need, at least double it to get close to the amount you actually need!

I wear two pairs and in the event of water being around tend to change them before heading back out for the evening. Also have a pair of sleeping socks exclusively for the tent!

Just normal socks?

I have been using Smartwool socks for the last year and have been really impressed with them, great moisture control and a decent amount of cushioning. They do various thicknesses which you can pick between to match up with your needs. With modern walking socks I don't wear a second pair underneath them as it tends to prevent them doing their job of keeping your feet dry by moving the moisture away from your skin.

Edited by Migraine

I have been using Smartwool socks for the last year and have been really impressed with them, great moisture control and a decent amount of cushioning. They do various thicknesses which you can pick between to match up with your needs. With modern walking socks I don't wear a second pair underneath them as it tends to prevent them doing their job of keeping your feet dry by moving the moisture away from your skin.

Thanks for the replies

Appreciated.

I've always worn football socks, but the ones where they go thin and fitted on the foot. Always found them perfect for warmth (nice and long) but comfy to wear in boots. If feet get cold add another pair of normal ones, coincidentally good for keeping your naughty items so they're never out of reach..!

Couple of pairs for if they get wet.

Two pairs still works for me, thin wicking next to the feet then cushy comfy outside. Length depends on whether wearing boots, boot+ gaiters or wellies. Essential to have longer socks than the top of the wellies to avoid rubbing.

Bamboo socks.

By far the kindest option on your feet.

Specifically, I'd say to wear bamboo sticks as an inner layer, then a tougher pair of hiking socks on the outside. Best of both worlds.

Bang on.

Wearing 2 pairs of socks moves the friction to between the socks, preventing both blisters and also that annoying sock crawling down your heel thing you sometimes get with boots.

Bamboo socks were recommended on here, I tried them in 2010 on that recommendation and damn, do they feel nice to walk in. Putting a fresh pair on is as refreshing as a shower :)

Thanks for all the replys,

Ordered some 1000 mile socks for the Wife to try out but think im gonna get some myself

In my opinion they are perfect. You won't regret. As said earlier, more expensive than normal socks, but so kind to your tired worn out feet. Travel sized talcum powder helps too!