Celeb spotting

Wallace

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Tennant standing in front of us at the Pyramid in 2005, at the height of his Doctor Who celebrity. He was grinning from ear to ear.

Also Chris Moyles, so not enjoying the mud in 2007 was wonderful to behold.

PS Metallica hung out at the Rabbit Hole on the Friday night last year.....friend is one of the crew.

No-one, (apart from Neil) - I probably have but wouldn't recognise them unless they screamed their name out or were wearing name badges

I've been backstage at BBC introducing for a few years, stood at the side of the stage when Zane Lowe DJ'd, Stornaway and other bands have played and mingled with the BBC introducing bands backstage but they were all just doing their job - it was really interesting back there though and an honour to see what its like

Jo Whiley sat and had a chat, but again she was in the middle of doing her job and interviewing bands

I'm rubbish at 'celeb' spotting though !

Is it really bad/miserable to think that I actively wouldn't want to bump into celebs?!

For me, part of a festival is distancing myself from the outside world. I'm probably in a majority on here who are arrogant enough to presume that your Rooneys etc. really are only at GF to be seen.

I love the fact that I come through the gates of a festival and am isloated from all the normal, daily crap. I don't really understand why people want to read newspapers when they're in. I don't look at the 'net, ot Twitter etc. (though I know some will use the latter for secret set info etc. - I'd rather find out 'organically'!).

I know that could sound very 'selfish' as, for those 5 days, I am actively not giving a shit about anyone in the world other than myself and fellow festival goers, which might be awfully indulgent. But I give enough to others the rest of the year, so my guilt is quickly assuaged...!

Ben

Edit - just reading that through, I felt I should qualify that I am not saying that just because you're a celeb, you can't be as 'legitimate' a GF fan as anyone else. Didn't want to sound like too elitist an arse...

Edited by bennyhana22