Latitude Festival 2015

homeravery

Is there any way to get to Norwich after a day at the festival? Baffled by the shuttle coach times, they stop at like 9pm (or is the idea to use the day camping and get the coach the next day?), otherwise I'd go to Diss and stay at my auntie's.

Edit: Ah just looked and the festival's further from Norwich than I thought. Suppose using day camping wouldn't be that bad, as I'd only have to carry the tent.

Edited by Will-2609

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was rumours of last year's poor food choices being down to an increase in pitch prices putting vendors off, I hope your explanation is correct. The Coyote Moon cafe was sorely missed by our group, as was the Scottish place that you mentioned, I kept going back and back in 2013, had a right laugh with the guy on the stall, he kept calling me Jimmy, I'm not Jimmy.

I loved that Coyote Moon place aswell. They did a great £5 Haloumi burger in Ciabatta - best value food on site. I forgot they weren't there this year as well. I've got a feeling you might be right with regards to pitch prices - I bet its not cheap at all

Is that the Haggis one the far side of the Lake stage from the arena entrance? First time having Haggis, and it was a Haggis sausage roll :lol:

Yeah that's the one - I've never had a haggis sausage roll though - bet that tasted weird? I used to have their venison sausage rolls and a really nice and light salmon roll with salad and a bunch of other stuff. Used to run out of food by the Sunday night so it was obviously a popular place

So excited about this year. Staying with friends in Beccles.

Its my third year but first full weekend as normally have been on Sundays.

Of all the festivals I have been to, this still remains my favourite. I went to Coachella a few weeks ago and it was a remarkable experience but something about the size and attitude of Latitude that I enjoy more so than others.

Anyway, question regarding cameras. I just got a nice DSLR as a birthday present and wondering will they allow me to bring it into the grounds?

So excited about this year. Staying with friends in Beccles.

Its my third year but first full weekend as normally have been on Sundays.

Of all the festivals I have been to, this still remains my favourite. I went to Coachella a few weeks ago and it was a remarkable experience but something about the size and attitude of Latitude that I enjoy more so than others.

Anyway, question regarding cameras. I just got a nice DSLR as a birthday present and wondering will they allow me to bring it into the grounds?

From the info page of the website

'*Pocket sized cameras are normally permitted for personal use. Cameras with small detachable telephoto lenses for personal use will also be allowed. Professional cameras and video/audio equipment are strictly prohibited. Live video/audio recordings made without the permission of the artiste/promoter are prohibited'

Think this really refers to the PEN style cameras, other people have asked in years past on the old official forum to be told no DSLR

Thanks for that.

My camera is a Nikon D5300 and while its considered a dslr its pretty tiny compared to the standard ones. I hope to get away with it. I brought a friednds camera last year and got some amazing shots so it would be nice to use a better camera.

Cant wait for it this year, god damn! Its weird, I dont stop famous people but people I really appreciate seem to always be at Latitude. I met Paul Greengrass on the way to Glass Animals last year. True gent!

Now I don't walk in that way but I have to walk past it to reach the crew entry point - its no checkpoint Charlie and while there was a queue if people were carrying bags if you look close you will see some people in the middle who are walking past the queue as they have worked out that they can get in quicker if they are not carrying bags { its three females in one group and two females and a male } - there was someone calling out ' if you don't have bags go to lane 3 { or whatever } ' - its worth a try - I rarely get into the arena as I work in the crew camp but do have a drink in the woods - best part of the festival.

2012-wbc-65.jpg

Blatant plug alert - If anyone is thinking of volunteering at this years festival I looking for people to join the Environmental Health team.

The role is a really easy but important one - your team gets allocated an area to check the toilets/showers/water points/sinks etc are up to scratch at certain times throughout the day. You do not have to clean anything, just note any issues and report back so that Production know where to send the cleaners, more toilet rolls and so on...

You do need to be over 18 and pay a deposit. You get an Arena Crew wristband and Crew Camping, Crew Catering and so on. The checks are only during the day so no evenings or over night shifts

If you want any further information drop me a pm

Very much looking forward to this year, bring on the sunshine! :derisive:

Booked my ticket, fucking finally!

Must sees:

The Pains of being pure at heart

Savages

King Gizzard

Ezra Furman

Shura

Ibeyi

Thurston Moore

Oh yeah, and this other band, they're not really like that amazing, but yeah i guess they're okay, I'm not like wetting myself at the thought of seeing them or anything....

FUCKING PORTISHEAD

More bands announced tomorrow!

Does anybody know what dates the 2016 festival will be? In a horrible twist of fate, it looks like it's going to clash with Star Wars Celebration coming to London. If that's the case they better fucking get Massive Attack, Bjork and Neil Young as headliners, I'd obviously have to choose Latitude.

More bands announced tomorrow!

Does anybody know what dates the 2016 festival will be? In a horrible twist of fate, it looks like it's going to clash with Star Wars Celebration coming to London. If that's the case they better fucking get Massive Attack, Bjork and Neil Young as headliners, I'd obviously have to choose Latitude.

You make your choice and end up with Bloc Party returning. TDCC along with Paolo Nutini :P

• 2 weeks later...

Blatant plug alert - If anyone is thinking of volunteering at this years festival I looking for people to join the Environmental Health team.

The role is a really easy but important one - your team gets allocated an area to check the toilets/showers/water points/sinks etc are up to scratch at certain times throughout the day. You do not have to clean anything, just note any issues and report back so that Production know where to send the cleaners, more toilet rolls and so on...

You do need to be over 18 and pay a deposit. You get an Arena Crew wristband and Crew Camping, Crew Catering and so on. The checks are only during the day so no evenings or over night shifts

If you want any further information drop me a pm

Very much looking forward to this year, bring on the sunshine! :derisive:

Still a few places available if anyone is interested!

Its all a bit quiet on here. Only a month or so to go the old official forum used to be a bit lively!

Whats everyone reckon to the fact they are doing swimming in the lake this year? Might be funny to watch people frolicking but can only really see it ending in disaster.

Anyone got any smaller bands worth checking out on the lineup in the alcove/lake or I arena?

Its all a bit quiet on here. Only a month or so to go the old official forum used to be a bit lively!

Whats everyone reckon to the fact they are doing swimming in the lake this year? Might be funny to watch people frolicking but can only really see it ending in disaster.

Anyone got any smaller bands worth checking out on the lineup in the alcove/lake or I arena?

If you're into indie folk you'll love Admiral Fallow! If, like me, you find indie folk largely insufferable and rarely done well, you'll be incredibly pleasantly surprised by how much you'll love Admiral Fallow! If, like me, you love accordions, you'll love Admiral Fallow!

Lead single from their rather decent latest album, previous two are well worth checking out too;

i Arena, early Friday

If eathereal pysch-rock from Liverpool is your bag (if not, why not?), you'll love Jane Weaver! Her last year's album The Silver Globe was Piccadilly Records' AotY, which is how I came to listen to her. I understand she's got quite the back catalogue that I've yet to delve into, but I should do becuase the new one is bloody wonderful;

Alcove, mid-Saturday

With the line-up how it is, I know I'm going to have some extremely painful clashes, but the current "don't even think about it" Clashfinder is presenting a best case scenario at the moment. If this holds my plans would be;

Friday: Summer Camp - Femi Kuti - Santigold - Omar Souleyman - some of PSB - some of POBPAH - Bill Wells & Aiden Moffat - last half of Jon Hopkins

Saturday: Nadine Shah - Thurston Moore - The Twilight Sad - Jane Weaver - Grandbrothers - Kiasmos - Portishead

Sunday: Admiral Fallow - Naomi Shelton - Susanne Sundfor - most of Seasick Steve - Young Fathers - end of Warpaint - La Roux - SBTRKT

Only casualties there are bands I've seen before, A Winged Victory For The Sullen and Toro Y Moi. Hits home how great the line-up is when I see it all written down like that, though.

Oh, and that's not even counting that Horace Andy is going to be performing at some point (I think it's going to be a late-night in the Film and Music tent thing).

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

Yes, we need more Latitude blether here. Suppose it's like the old pub down the road not picking up the trade when the one across the road closed down because the regulars preferred things as they were in the old place.

Anyways, volunteering again, 8th year. Shifts tbc but I've tried to get a Thurs and Sat day shift as I've got a mate making the journey from B-Town too, but as a punter.

Acts wise, Jane Weaver caught my eye on the Glasto spotify. My album of 2015 creator, Lonelady, is in the Alcove and would be my #1 recommendation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J0gmOkaak0

Anyway, it's hard to tell without the full day splits (oh for a PDF of the programme like Glasto!) but at this stage I'd go:

Friday:

Obelisk: Summer Camp, Santigold, Caribou

Scary: Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Django Django

Sunrise: Ezra Furman

Lake: To Kill a King

Saturday (late):

Obelisk: MUTHA FUKIN PORTISHEAD

Scary: Savages

Alcove: Lonelady

Sunday:

Obelisk: Noel G, Warpaint

Scary: Young Fathers

Sunrise: The 2 Bears (presume it's live), Zola Jesus, Admiral Fallow

Alcove: Vessels

Throw in some non-music stuff and that's a very full weekend. Can't wait!

Latitude festival virgin here. Loved the Hop Farm Festivals for the last few years, as it was just down the road, so now venturing further afield. I will be camping with my daughter in the family camping, along with another two dads and their teenage daughters. Any tips which are worth knowing?

Cheers!

For me probably something like...

Fri

Ezra Furman

Songhoy Blues
Ed Harcourt
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
Public Service Broadcasting
Django Django

Sat

Drenge

Thurston Moore Band