Topic Chemical Brothers

tezshields

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasnt planning on seeing the Chems, was at Jamie T, met some lovely people and we were at the front, they were like you need to stay for the Chems, it'll be immense, so I did, bloody great it was. Visuals were amazing. was ruined after it though - well worth it.

he's been doing their visuals for 15+ years (used to do it with another guy, Noah), and amongst other things he's directed a Dr Who episode.

Just read that article. So basically he gets to stand on stage while doing the visuals now? I misunderstood before and thought he was having some sort of hand in the 'live' music!

Edited by Homer

As if the balls and robots coming to life wasn't surreal enough, I had a crazy moment when something really heavy fell down my leg and onto my foot. I looked down and it was a bloke who'd fallen out of the sky from a dingy!

As if the balls and robots coming to life wasn't surreal enough, I had a crazy moment when something really heavy fell down my leg and onto my foot. I looked down and it was a bloke who'd fallen out of the sky from a dingy!

ha!

did you see the pop up tent?

somewhere towards the end of the set, i forget which song, but when a big drop came in, up went a small pop up tent, which got thrown around like a beachball.  it amused me that someone had waited so long to release it!

ha!

did you see the pop up tent?

somewhere towards the end of the set, i forget which song, but when a big drop came in, up went a small pop up tent, which got thrown around like a beachball.  it amused me that someone had waited so long to release it!

I bet that was someone who had packed up to go home and had all their stuff with them and it got to a certain point in the set when they said 'fuck it' & threw it up!

Don't get why so many people kept trying to push to the front during the set. Surely a Chemicals set is best enjoyed further back where theres room to dance?

I'd agree with this except that I'd been further back for Jamie T immediately before and the sound had been shit. The Chems need to be loud so we decided we needed to be towards the front, but we did try to balance it with visuals.

I imagine those pushing forwards were frustrated by the sound though.

Ive just had a listen back to it on iplayer, sitting at work buzzing again. Am so thankful for the group I met at Jamie T for persuading me to stay for Chems. Great dance, great energy, great visuals, great beats - just fucking great

GUTTED I had to miss it to get back to the car (couldn't stay as had kid commitments early Monday morning) - as I'd never have got out of that crowd. Caught a bit from Pennards Hill, looked absolutely fantastic. Saw Idlewild in Avalon instead who were lovely, but not quite the same.....thank God for iPlayer!

Edited by phillyfaddle