Glastonbury 2015 - Where's the hip hop?

Gingerpops

I know Kanye is headlining and Run the Hewels have been announced. But I was hoping to see a lot more hip hop this year.

Parklife in particular has loads of great acts on. Nas doing Illmatic, Wu Tang, The Roots, and Earl Sweatshirt. Kendrick Lamar is at Leeds/Reading. Do you think there's any room for some more to be announced? Was also hoping to see DAngelo announced, thought he would be a great fit for high up on West Holts.

Fingers crossed

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aye i'm somewhat disappointed with the lack of hip-hop this year - especially with them seemingly getting rid of the Friday midday Pyramid hip-hop act (unless one is yet to be announced). the ones they've announced (Kanye, Run The Jewels) are two of my absolute favourites, but i'm really hoping we get some more names in the full announcement

Kanye, Pharrell, Mary J Blige, Run the Jewels,

Can't think of a year where theres been as many big hip hop artists as that on the lineup?

hmm Pharrell USED to be hip-hop, but you can hardly call what he's currently doing hip-hop at all, and i'd call Mary J Blige RnB more than straight up hip-hop (although there are elements in there)

I am also hoping for more. Would have loved Cypress Hill to play. A Tribe Called Quest would be the ultimate dream! RTJ, Kanye and Kate Tempest are great so I'm just hoping for a couple more small ones at the very least. BBNG & Ghostface is a realistic target I reckon and that would be amazing.

I guess Young Fathers could be considered hip hip too

keep forgetting they're playing. will probably give em a miss this year as they couldn't possibly top their early set at the Park last year, but if there's no clashes there i'll hopefully be there. reckon they'll be in JP this year though, unfortunately

more electronic imo but yeah he definitely falls in to the bracket. i'm just trying not to think about him as i'm almost certain i'm gonna have to miss him

Yeah, the amount of potential clashes this year are astronomical...

I've said it before and no doubt I'll say it until proved otherwise, Doomtree!

Current tour dates :

06.25.15 Bristol, England The Fleece United Kingdom
06.26.15 London The Garage United Kingdom
06.27.15 London Barfly United Kingdom
------- Hello space for Glastonbury Festival -------
07.02.15 Roskilde Roskilde Festival Denmark
It is a bargain booking too, you get the full crew and you get individual sets, would love to see P.O.S and Dessa for sure as well as full crew set.