The Alcohol Thread

marcwilson87

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard something on another thread about dishwasher vodka - dissolving sweets into it by putting it in at a 70 degree cycle.

Anyone had any experience/success with this? Favoured flavours?

Me, works really well.

It's just a shame that you have to soil your eyes looking at the Daily Mail!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2332980/How-make-perfect-vodka-cocktail--dishwasher.html

Don't want to sound like an old fart but there are a lot of comments on various threads about people getting rat-arsed at Glasto. There are also quite a few people mentioning their later regrets because they were too pissed to see much of the festival or bands they really wanted to catch.

I hardly drink these days and Red Bull or fruit juice (on its own) are probably my festival drinks of choice with the odd cup of wine following behind that. I might also have a pint for old times sake at the Cider Bus and admit I do enjoy the odd Glastonbury cigarette.

But I wonder how important getting off your head is for people going to festivals or whether it's just a few people on here.

I think is is person for person.

Personally I've got done kind of immunity to beer/cider during the day, and I'm not a big drinker.

I'll move on to spirits at night but even then I'm not falling over myself. Some of our team (mainly the birds) do get paralytic during the day & have to write of late nights & the next morning.

It's the more serotonin sapping substances that most people I know have an issue with the following day. To old for that stuff these days.

I usually opt for the Westons boxed cider. Strong, reasonably priced and not unpleasant luke warm. Better than wine or warm beer in my opinion.

I've always been really jealous of people who get to taked bags of wine to festivals, they seem to be so happy and carefree not having to lug crates about, but i've never been a fan of wine so it's always been cans for me

not this year though, thanks to this forum i have found out that Cider comes in boxes too, i'm going to be the smugest camper in the world when i get to suck from the teet of my cider :)

Bailey's coffee with breakfast to get the day started and the engine running.

Then ciders and beers throughout the day to reach a nice state, with a backpack of 1.5 litres of JD & Coke mixed for sipping throughout the day and night.

Bad idea to get too hammered but going at a nice leisurely pace usually guarantees good times

A guy I work with who lives near Bristol saw a sign on the side of the road saying 1 gallon of cider for 6 quid, going to get him to grab me a couple of gallons :alcoholic:

Did you try that cider i bought last year for a fiver from that guy who made it in his garden shed?

Don't want to sound like an old fart but there are a lot of comments on various threads about people getting rat-arsed at Glasto. There are also quite a few people mentioning their later regrets because they were too pissed to see much of the festival or bands they really wanted to catch.

I hardly drink these days and Red Bull or fruit juice (on its own) are probably my festival drinks of choice with the odd cup of wine following behind that. I might also have a pint for old times sake at the Cider Bus and admit I do enjoy the odd Glastonbury cigarette.

But I wonder how important getting off your head is for people going to festivals or whether it's just a few people on here.

It's personal choice, mine being start drinking early and pace yourself till the early hours. Works for me but if red bull and juice works for you good for you. For me Glastonbury means you can do whatever you want (without hurting anyone else obviously) without being judged by others.

A couple of years ago I went with the missus who was pregnant at the time. Obviously she didn't touch a drop of anything, she seemed to have a ball. The only issue being that she was flagging by midnight whilst the rest of us were like duracell bunnies. Of course could've been the fact she was 6 months pregnant but still.

Have a good festival doing whatever you want to do fella.

I always take wine but don't like taking boxes (personally after one of those silver bladder things leaked red wine all over my bag)

I then took the Tesco Value Wine that came in litre cartons, because it was easier to carry round wth a screw top, and wasn't at all bad as well as being dirt cheap. They've now stopped selling this.

If anyone is as much of a cheap skate as me, you can get Sainsburys basics wine in plastic wine bottles and again it's not all bad at all. It also means you can carry it round easier with a screw top, and freeze the bottles beforehand to keep it cooler for longer. £3.45 a bottle too - saving my dosh to get a few cool beers instead of taking cans

I always take wine but don't like taking boxes (personally after one of those silver bladder things leaked red wine all over my bag)

I then took the Tesco Value Wine that came in litre cartons, because it was easier to carry round wth a screw top, and wasn't at all bad as well as being dirt cheap. They've now stopped selling this.

If anyone is as much of a cheap skate as me, you can get Sainsburys basics wine in plastic wine bottles and again it's not all bad at all. It also means you can carry it round easier with a screw top, and freeze the bottles beforehand to keep it cooler for longer. £3.45 a bottle too - saving my dosh to get a few cool beers instead of taking cans

Wow you've actually topped my wine in a box experience with this. Thanks!!

If anyone is as much of a cheap skate as me, you can get Sainsburys basics wine in plastic wine bottles and again it's not all bad at all.

Mate, that stuff is minging.

I absolutely love that early evening haze of cider/beer when watching a band when the sun is going down. I can drink steadily all day, though for some reason last year i struggled quite badly with tiredness, though i may have had a virus around that time as i wasnt good for a while after.

I think cider/beer daytime and some of the flavoured vodka mentioend earlier with mixers at night. Though I might just splash out and get some grey goose. Very rarely gives me hangovers!!

Asda do echo falls in big 1.5 litre pouches, usually £12 currently on offer at £10. Usually get white for day festivals cos stays cold, want to get red this year but haven't seen it yet so got rose instead. Hoping they do do red. Comes with a tap and I've never had any leakages, find them no faff at all.

Asda do echo falls in big 1.5 litre pouches, usually £12 currently on offer at £10. Usually get white for day festivals cos stays cold, want to get red this year but haven't seen it yet so got rose instead. Hoping they do do red. Comes with a tap and I've never had any leakages, find them no faff at all.

i've never had any leakages in previous years but i;m always terrified i'm gonna put too much pressure on my bag and one will pop all over everything. not doing red wine again this year though - drank a bag from 12pm - 12am on the Saturday of last year and woke up on the Sunday with the most disgusting hangover ever. ruined half of my day and i was just miserable (when in hindsight i should have just drank my way out of it)