The Alcohol Thread

marcwilson87

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know if the ice cream vans / anywhere on site sell fanta lemon? Had loads of it with gin at primavera and it goes down very nicely. Could always substitute lemonade i suppose but is not quite as nice

I bought ice cold 1.5 ltr fanta lemon from the 'convenience stores' that are dotted around. They have big yellow banners above the shop advertising their wares!

I'm brewing my own cider, and it should be ready in 2 weeks. So JUST in time for Glasto if it goes to plan. I just hope it travels well in a hot car, otherwise it won't be fun to drink...

it should travel well, and if you leave it the lockups, should be cooler. I'd suggest you open each plastic bottle to release a bit of gas to save any explosion on the journey though.

I've just purchased 20 ciders, 24 beers and a box of Malbec which I am thinking may be a bit too nice to add to coke........

I may well just buy some of that grim Spanish wine in cartons from Tesco to experiment with that.

I may well also take something to create decent morning cocktails with.

Kopparberg pear fans, Tesco are currently selling 30 for £18. I'm hoping to find a similar deal on the strawberry & lime flavour!

Went to buy these on sunday, but they are 330 cans though :( So might be better offers around, label said it should be around until 23rd June.

I can drink Sambuca like it's pop. I just don't like how sticky it is.

Oh god Sambuca! Its my only real Achilles heal with alcohol! Even the smell of it, makes me feel sick! (Was the first drink I ever got properly smashed on.)

Whats the earliest time you can buy booze from retail? Is there a country wide law?

Edit its ok, 7am!

Depends on the supermarket's location, the closer in "town" ones have restrictions normally, if they are close to bars/pubs etc. but any away from a town center will be anytime you like.

What's the best thing to decant spirits out of the glass bottle into? I fear they may take a plastic flavour if you use the wrong type of bottle. I usually get spirits duty free so in plastic but not been through an airport for a while so glass needs to go. Any advice welcome cheers x

Just ordered some cider in a box off Tesco for £7 odd, anyone tried it? It's from Shepton mallet :D

http://www.perfectpint.co.uk/real-ale-beers-info/24776/Shepton-Mallet-Cider-Mill/Somerset-Tree-Shaker

I've tried it, you've made a wise choice, it's a really nice cider with a pretty easy hangover

I got a box for a preglasto test a couple of weeks back and I passed with flying colours

it was £6 at the time though, bit shit it's gone up a quid since then, well worth it though :)

What's the best thing to decant spirits out of the glass bottle into? I fear they may take a plastic flavour if you use the wrong type of bottle. I usually get spirits duty free so in plastic but not been through an airport for a while so glass needs to go. Any advice welcome cheers x

I use litre bottles of sparkling water as they are cheap and don't leave an aftertaste when you wash them out. I can't seem to find litre bottles of normal water without a sports cap, otherwise I'd do that instead!

Is there a limit on alcohol you can take from the CV fields into the site? i'm only thinking a few beers and a hip flask of rum.

Also, do you still need to show your ticket every time you exit/enter the CV field to go into the site? Its a pain in the arse and my ticket ends up looking like its been through the wash after day 2.

I use litre bottles of sparkling water as they are cheap and don't leave an aftertaste when you wash them out. I can't seem to find litre bottles of normal water without a sports cap, otherwise I'd do that instead!

I've seen litre bottles of still Evian in Tesco before. About 68p. I tend to use 500ml bottles so I can ration my stash out and pop them in my bag for the day or evening, and mix with cold coke when I want it.

I've seen litre bottles of still Evian in Tesco before. About 68p. I tend to use 500ml bottles so I can ration my stash out and pop them in my bag for the day or evening, and mix with cold coke when I want it.

yeah i always divide it up between a few smaller bottles - one for each day basically. if you've got somewhere like Home Bargain near you they do multipacks (or even single bottles) of water for dirt cheap