Spending Money at Glastonbury

Bisque

I probably spend £25 a day on booze & food at Glastonbury, which I think is reasonable & comparable to Bestival & Reading, which are probably more expensive due to their arena lay out. I usually take a fair amount of cans & spirits, few snacks & not a lot else other than clothes.

Who the hell spends £68 a day???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3036753/A-list-magnet-Coachella-summer-s-expensive-festival-costing-187-day-entry-food-drink.html

Edited by Couchy

I probably spend £50+ per day at G.

Glastonbury is my holiday. I don't want to be worrying about scrimping and saving while I'm there, I want to enjoy myself.

I buy most of my drink there. Say at least 8 pints/cocktails in a day, that's already at £30 plus. Plus 3/4 good meals a day.

Whack in one or two souvenirs and I probably spend easily £300+ while I'm there.

Yeah, 100 a day, i reckon. Thats roughly what i budget on

But i was thinking earlier, thats just food and drink. I don't ever buy anything from the markets. I guess some people must do, or they wouldnt come back with their stalls every year, but it always seems such a lot of old tat.

I probably spend £25 a day on booze & food at Glastonbury, which I think is reasonable & comparable to Bestival & Reading, which are probably more expensive due to their arena lay out. I usually take a fair amount of cans & spirits, few snacks & not a lot else other than clothes.

Who the hell spends £68 a day???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3036753/A-list-magnet-Coachella-summer-s-expensive-festival-costing-187-day-entry-food-drink.html

I would say £68 isn't hard to spend as i'm sure I get through that sometimes....whilst I have some cans and bottle of spirit in my bag when walking round, I still buy few pints, mixers which soon stack up if you drink well and if you indulge in a cocktail or 2 you don't have much change from £20 with that alone..

I don't bring food only snacks so eating twice a day and again it adds up....

I'm fine with that as save up for Glasto and make the most of it, as don't want to be faffing around with food, like to have own booze with to me but nothing nicer than a cold pint :)

Edited by shoptildrop

A minimum of £200 for 6 days

Most on drink and food, usually do an activity in craft fields, maybe £20, buy a t shirt £15, and a gift such as the funky jewellery on sale

I used to always buy a CD of a newly discovered act as a commemoration of the festival, from the shop up in Avalon Fields

I usually bring my own beer... so can save a bit of money there - although if it's hot weather then buying a cold beer or two is definitely a welcome treat. I used to bring tins of food in the old days too, but given up on that now as it works out too heavy and I love trying all the different food stalls.

Last year we bought some pink champagne and lobster on one of the days... that was a very good day :)

10483987_10154325191555788_6305013328826

I usually bring my own beer... so can save a bit of money there - although if it's hot weather then buying a cold beer or two is definitely a welcome treat. I used to bring tins of food in the old days too, but given up on that now as it works out too heavy and I love trying all the different food stalls.

Last year we bought some pink champagne and lobster on one of the days... that was a very good day :)

10483987_10154325191555788_6305013328826

Was that lobster from Williams green? Looks devine, I'll have to try that. :)

Was that lobster from Williams green? Looks devine, I'll have to try that. :)

Yeah that sounds about right.... it was from this place (the champagne was from a nearby winebar):

10419437_10154325191915788_5398559310774

Definitely recommended - it was IMMENSE...

I normally spend around 25ish a day, we bring a camping stove though and things like porridge/couscous/pasta/cereal bars and have that as well as tea/coffee and have one meal a day from a stall.

Tend to bring a lot of booze with us so never need to buy much from the bars apart from the odd icy cold cider from brothers or the ciderbus.

Yeah that sounds about right.... it was from this place (the champagne was from a nearby winebar):

10419437_10154325191915788_5398559310774

Definitely recommended - it was IMMENSE...

Damn I walked by here and so nearly got something but the massive queues put me off. Gonna attempt to get something from there this year

Don't drink much so just take a 24 pack of beer or cider and that lasts the 5 days.

Do like to spend more on food though, as there is such a variety there and try to have a different food at each meal. Plus can't do without 3-4 espresso coffees, and the daily Guardian so probably spend £25 -£30 a day at the festival (yes I do realise this sounds massively middle class!)