Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, pingap said:

Yes indeed it was 2005 and a storm like no other, remember watching it after 2 days of hot sun then it unleashed on the Friday morning. Apart from localised flooding and a lake at bottom of Pennards it was an amazing atmosphere and the rest of weekend was great. :D

Now 2007 was a different story, weeks of wet weather prior to the start and non-stop rain all weekend of the festival and it was misery by Monday morning :(

Yeah 2007 was by far the most depressing (well, as long as you managed to escape the floods in 2005!) as it was just such hard work. Mind you, still had an amazing time and I have a large number of photos where it's not raining (although knee deep in liquid mud soup) so it wasn't allll bad. 

2 minutes ago, mgc07 said:

who's actually going to torture themselves by watching Glastonbury on the TV 

Don't think I could bring myself to watch it. Oh god I'm getting all bitter and twisted now!!

2 minutes ago, Dr Glasto said:

Yeah 2007 was by far the most depressing (well, as long as you managed to escape the floods in 2005!) as it was just such hard work. Mind you, still had an amazing time and I have a large number of photos where it's not raining (although knee deep in liquid mud soup) so it wasn't allll bad. 

Totally agree, and to prove it we went back the next year and not missed one since!

3 minutes ago, mgc07 said:

one year i didn't go out of choice, I tried to watch it on TV 

i just couldn't had to turn it off and avoid it

if you dont get a ticket ,go abroad somewhere sunny , that's what we did,in 2014 , it would of been 20 years since we 1st started going,so we went on holiday while glasto was on, 2 weeks in the sun,never really missed glasto too much

Just now, rachelhop said:

who's giving up after today then?

Not me. My work means I sit in front of 3 monitors for the best part of a day and I've dedicated one monitor to getting tickets. I'm trying for 2 friends who (I hope) will reward me greatly if I achieve the near impossible for them. So might as well carry on!

10 minutes ago, mgc07 said:

Nope. we've renamed it 'the Festival which shall remain nameless' cos we're so pissed off.  Of course if I win any of the competitions I've entered to win tickets, the name will be reinstated.  Can't believe it's the first year we've never got tickets!