Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, dj matt james said:

enjoy - there are some indie mixes on there as well. Plenty for everyone,

Given you do motown do you still use vinyl then?  I have some sl1200's but they're gathering dust, and tend to use ableton for everything (including live music performances and music production).

Just now, dj matt james said:

Haha - great stuff. Hopefully we can all get tickets then I may take requests :-)

Yes! Can I be a co-superstar DJ. Cannot do anything musically but I can certainly head bop to the freaky freaky beat 

Just now, siblin said:

Given you do motown do you still use vinyl then?  I have some sl1200's but they're gathering dust, and tend to use ableton for everything (including live music performances and music production).

I do normally. At the ridge and furrow they had CDJ's so I took cd's. Couldn't trust myself taking vinyl down there. A lot lighter as well.

When I play other stuff I use serato scratch live or serato dj. Me and a mate double up on his DDJ-SZ

1 minute ago, billum said:

It's certainly not unheard-of for acts to pay to play, if the gig would get them some great exposure. Support bands do this quite a bit to get onto higher-profile bands' tours, and it can be tens of thousands for the privilege

That sounds like a horrible state of affairs, if true. I can understand that the expenses (tour bus, crew, equipment, etc.) for a support band can be greater than the fee they receive, but they should at least get paid *something*, and certainly shouldn't be expected to pay to play.

9 minutes ago, billum said:

It's certainly not unheard-of for acts to pay to play, if the gig would get them some great exposure. Support bands do this quite a bit to get onto higher-profile bands' tours, and it can be tens of thousands for the privilege

Yep, widespread practice, epsecially on arena tours or the larger academy tours. Totally different circumstances though I would have thought-'a guy MCing for Wilkinson at Glastonbury' isn't getting the same exposure as a band on tour announcements and playing to captive audience of thousands. 

6 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

"@cb4747 @GlastoFest @thepopuphotel yeah I heard that place was a vibe. I gotta feeling it costs more than our performance fee tho " That's what he said 

"Performance fee" can be interpreted both ways, I agree. Let's hope it's a fee that the artists get paid, not that they're paying.

I've had almost 1000 emails notifying me of changes to this thread today! Unbelievable... at first I was worried there'd be thousands of people trying for these 'secret' tickets but there only appears to be a couple of hundred people browsing this thread...

I'm not losing hope just yet!

1 minute ago, marcoolio said:

"Performance fee" can be interpreted both ways, I agree. Let's hope it's a fee that the artists get paid, not that they're paying.

Yes I agree, in this case it does sound like he would've got a performance fee, but still ended up out of pocket due to expense of staying there

Probably a long shot given what everyone is already doing, but have just seen a #secretresale tag on Twitter that might be worth following;

https://twitter.com/hashtag/secretresale?src=hash

Just seems to be the one account using it this year though, they have an article on it;

http://glastonburyguidebook.com/when-will-the-glastonbury-secret-resale-happen/

Just wondering if there any changes at all today?

Just checking my alerts are working ok

I have Web Alert installed (for android) and was connected all day, but didn't receive any alerts at all

just need to make sure the wifi at work is working ok, thankyou 

Edited by cassw