Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, siblin said:

In my humble opinion you miss the best part of the festival! though thurs night is quite cool.

I know I'm sad to miss the wednesday and thursday day, but I could be there probably around 6 if I drive, so at least I still have thursday night onwards! Its also my final A2 exam, so the thought of finishing and driving straight off to glastonbury to celebrate is pretty great :D

1 minute ago, siblin said:

In my humble opinion you miss the best part of the festival! though thurs night is quite cool.

I agree - the last two years I have djed on the wednesday night and its been great. Also baggy mondays in the stonebridge is always a highlight on the thursday

3 minutes ago, cityboy75 said:

There was a meet up it was meant to be mass but loads bailed out hopefully better this year

Well I promise this year to buy that cider for you. If I'm not there, pop your head round the corner into Kidney Mead any time and come and drag me kicking & screaming from Timland to the bus! Or we'll just cider, or otherwise, you up there! My avatar will be flying above our campsite, as usual :-)

1 minute ago, dj matt james said:

I agree - the last two years I have djed on the wednesday night and its been great. Also baggy mondays in the stonebridge is always a highlight on the thursday

I'm jealous.  Would love to DJ or play there.

2 minutes ago, dj matt james said:

That's awesome! How did you get involved in that?

2 minutes ago, tabasco said:

That's awesome! How did you get involved in that?

I was lucky enough to be asked by a promoter looking for a soul / motown dj. I played in the ridge and furrow for the last two years. Hopefully in the theatre and cabaret bar this year. Wed 8-10pm

4 minutes ago, siblin said:

I'm jealous.  Would love to DJ or play there.

I was lucky enough to be asked by a promoter looking for a soul / motown dj. I played in the ridge and furrow for the last two years. Hopefully in the theatre and cabaret bar this year. Wed 8-10pm.

Still had to buy my ticket though - the promoter was only looking for djs already on site..

Just now, dj matt james said:

I was lucky enough to be asked by a promoter looking for a soul / motown dj. I played in the ridge and furrow for the last two years. Hopefully in the theatre and cabaret bar this year. Wed 8-10pm.

Still had to buy my ticket though - the promoter was only looking for djs already on site..

shameless plug - hahahah 

https://hearthis.at/mattjames/

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dj matt james said:

I was lucky enough to be asked by a promoter looking for a soul / motown dj. I played in the ridge and furrow for the last two years. Hopefully in the theatre and cabaret bar this year. Wed 8-10pm

You weren't playing Rick James on Thursday night about 1am / 2am were you? :laugh: all I can remember from that night!

That's so awesome.  I'd deffo do that if i was asked, though soul and motown isnt really my area of expertise (though i do enjoy a good listen)

shameless plug - hahahah 

https://hearthis.at/mattjames/

will deffo have a listen

Just now, tabasco said:

So the artist has to pay to perform? :blink:

I didn't ask more questions but we were talking about the pop up hotel and he said it was too expensive as it cost more/less than his fee... Wasn't sure what it meant but thats what I assumed. 

1 minute ago, Stooonami said:
1 minute ago, siblin said:

That's so awesome.  I'd deffo do that if i was asked, though soul and motown isnt really my area of expertise (though i do enjoy a good listen)

will deffo have a listen

enjoy - there are some indie mixes on there as well. Plenty for everyone,

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

I didn't ask more questions but we were talking about the pop up hotel and he said it was too expensive as it cost more/less than his fee... Wasn't sure what it meant but thats what I assumed. 

Wow, that's crazy.

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

Sounds like the fee he was paid for appearing-that the pop up hotel cost more than he received as payment? 

Just now, cb4747 said:

Perhaps he meant to say that staying at the Pop Up Hotel would cost more than the fee he received for playing?