Secret resales 2015

Terence99

34 minutes ago, james1238 said:

Thanks. Did he have to work Friday, sat, sun.. and just sit around or just go to the festival?

he worked Wednesday, Thursday , Friday in the day time,, long 12 hour shifts  and that was it until 6.00 this morning so not too bad ... 

4 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

The issue I have with working at a festival as a way in is the fact I'm a lazy bastard and hate working! 

I wouldn't have the stamina... it was so physically demanding it's going to take weeks for my poor old hips to recover.. if at all, so to work as well I'd be finished come Friday... not for me either 

Anyone who managed to work on Wednesday deserves a medal (and a lifetime place at the festival) because it was ridiculously hot, and impossible to do anything without melting. 

I'm sorry to everyone who missed out this year, I know Emily always Tweets that and it's never consultation enough, but I really hope you all get tickets for 2019!

My living room became a Glastonbury stage for the weekend. Stuck a big sound system on the TV, filled the fridge with ciders and had a lovely barby going outside.

No way was I going to let a lack of tickets stop me from enjoying Glastonbury... I even have post Glasto blues.

See you all on ticket day!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

So let me see if I got this straight, there is no secret resale ? Does thus mean I can stop checking the see tickets site now ?

I'd give it another week.. just to be on the safe side! :D

On 6/21/2017 at 1:55 PM, Kinkyinuit said:

I may never know. I got a call off dc site services and got put on a tram. Figured it was better to play it safe than to risk the ticket not arriving or being bogus.

Thanks for all the support and messages, I can't believe how many people I had cheering me on, I'm so touched by it all. 

This has been such a testing time for us all, but what never stopped, was the unconditional support and optimism in this group.  Cheering on the successes, commiserating the missed chances but all love throughout. 

This place has been my support group the last few weeks, I couldn't have got through it without you guys! You are all legends.

For those that made it, I'll see you at the meet on Thursday. For everyone else, I will see you next time for some overdue drinks!

Much love.

Dan x

So Kinky, did you get an envelope on your return? Hope you had a great one with DC though

Thanks so much everyone for all the support. When the photo on my ticket wasn't questioned it was one of the best feelings.

Hope everyone had a good one, sorry I didnt get to catch up with people as in classic Glastonbury fashion I got totally swept up in everything.

Here is to 2019! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Did anybody get photos of the meet up on Thursday? I drunkenly remember the photos being taken but cant remember who took them.

I remember we were at the Truth stage at one point which may have been before or after the Avalon Inn but was definitely after the Cider Bus

I have a few. 

Hi everyone.  For those that got in, glad to hear you all had a great festival. I'm sorry I never made any of the meetups or met anybody, but once I was inside on Thursday evening I just got swept up the flow of it, only emerging on Monday afternoon.

And for those that didn't make it - I hope the pain wasn't too bad - 2019 will be here before you know it!

This thread has been a wild ride since the second resale and ultimately if it wasn't for this thread I likely would not have made it. I went down without a ticket on Thursday and through a connection I made here managed to get a local to walk me in at about 8pm. The feeling of success was indescribable and I enjoyed the festival to the hilt - every moment feeling stolen from the mouth of defeat.

Thanks to everyone on this thread and the larger eFest community. The spirit of Glastonbury is never stronger than it is among the people who populate this group.

See you in 2019.

Might be useful for anyone unlucky 2019: don't hesitate signing up for DC Site Services. Of course you'll see less acts then you'd normally do, but they really helped me seeing the headliners I wanted when I had shifts (Radiohead + Justice). I also liked the experience of seeing the other side of Glastonbury

Hey guys, sorry i didnt make it to any of the meets. o2 was utter shite this year and notifications came through or got sent hours later. Gave up on whats app in the end! Hope you all had a blast and i hope those who missed out are now glad its all over and looking forward to 2019.

I was very, very lucky to be on the farm this year but i highly doubt i'd go through all of the weeks of resale build up then stress of using a locals ticket transfer again. Luckily this was personally one of my best Glastonburys in years so the pay off seemed worth it, really lucked out in every way possible. I doubt i would have felt the same last year though as it was hard work in 2016, lots of problems and struggles all weekend.  

I'll never forget walking through the gate this year, the fear, panic when questioned, then utter joy once the wrist band was on. Such an intense start to the weekend.

Definitely taking a different more organised approach to ticket day in the future and will make back up plans well in advance based on line up at different festivals. Hopefully the Variety Bazar will turn out to be a perfect alternative. Now back to the mountain or work thats built up over the past two months...