Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Good. I've not read anything related to it til today so I'm out the loop on where we're up with all that!! 

Yep 2019 as normal. 2020 - Won't be going anywhere as it's the 50th anniversary. Alternative festival possibly for 2021 but nothing set in stone.

6 minutes ago, BigChief said:

Only plus side is that we have already suffered our glasto blues. But then although it's sad when it's over, it's fucking amazing to have been there.

Fingers crossed for 2019 folks! Hope not to be back in here again, but it has been fun.

Totally agree, no packing up 8 hr drive home, week long detox 

still would have given my left ball to have been there this year looked like a classic, especially today!

2019 or bust!!

Haven't really said much in this thread, intimidated by how fast it moved, but just wanted to say I've enjoyed all your company on the forums over the last few days being stuck at home while they're all out having the time of their lives. Here's to us all getting tickets in October 2018 xx

Edited by Zac Quinn

I faced into it this weekend and watched the lot. I've really enjoyed it and the only bits where I felt I was missing out were Foos and  Killers/Chic (t'was a clash and all!). It's been a pleasure to sit and navigate the 6 stages with a clash-finder and watch it all live. 

That said, never, ever again. I've learned some lessons on how to ensure on getting a ticket this year. (i.e. get onto the volunteering striaght away!!) I had 10 separate opportunities to get tickets including right up until yesterday for a day ticket today. All of them fell through. 2019 is the beginning of a life-long attendance streak.

Been a pleasure hanging with you guys this past few weeks and months though. Forgot how much fun this forum can be. I'll try and be around a bit more often. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Haven't really said much in this thread, intimidated by how fast it moved, but just wanted to say I've enjoyed all your company on the forums over the last few days being stuck at home while they're all out having the time of their lives. Here's to us all getting tickets in October 2018 xx

It did move very fast at times and you weren't alone in sitting on the sidelines. It's been a long 600 odd pages but we're stilt here and watching it unfold on the television instead of shutting ourselves away in a cupboard and ignoring it all has been cathartic and I've enjoyed every minute of it although it's been a huge emotional rollercoaster at times.

13 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

I faced into it this weekend and watched the lot. I've really enjoyed it and the only bits where I felt I was missing out were Foos and  Killers/Chic (t'was a clash and all!). It's been a pleasure to sit and navigate the 6 stages with a clash-finder and watch it all live. 

That said, never, ever again. I've learned some lessons on how to ensure on getting a ticket this year. (i.e. get onto the volunteering striaght away!!) I had 10 separate opportunities to get tickets including right up until yesterday for a day ticket today. All of them fell through. 2019 is the beginning of a life-long attendance streak.

Been a pleasure hanging with you guys this past few weeks and months though. Forgot how much fun this forum can be. I'll try and be around a bit more often. 

Looking forward to continued input from you, this forum can be pretty special at times.:)

9 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

One more thing: sitting this one out has made me really appreciate just how fucking special it is. Nothing else like it on earth.

But maybe we can try and bring that feeling and ethos into 'real' life yes?

Well said Beaver, and there really is nothing else like it.

Lets all look forward to that happy feeling in October next year

Got to admit I've done the complete opposite to some of you guys and completely ignored it his year. Went down to Cornwall on Thursday and watched Royal Blood at the Eden Project (amazing venue, brilliant night) and then spent the rest of the weekend surfing/ kayaking. Haven't watched a moment of it yet but I dare say I will when I feel I can without referring to everyone in the crowd as lucky w*nkers :P

On 23/06/2017 at 1:52 PM, JamesBrew said:

I got that nervous, sinking stomach feeling just reading this! 

Still not sure how I managed get in. The gate people were the only ones over the whole weekend who didn't pi$$ themselves laughing at unlikeness of the photo to myself.

11 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Andy were you not on site? I thought you had an in?

Sadly not. Had a small nightmare with some scamming little toad so didn't make it to the farm.

pretty gutted to be fair. 

Roll on 2019! Already stuck my name in the diary at work! 

Just now, andyb66 said:

Sadly not. Had a small nightmare with some scamming little toad so didn't make it to the farm.

pretty gutted to be fair. 

Roll on 2019! Already stuck my name in the diary at work! 

Ahh sorry to hear that buddy, thought you were on site. Anyway yeah, fucking 2019 man, we've got 3 years of partying to smash!

Thanks to all of you wonderful folks on here for keeping me believing I could still be there this year, I would not have made it without you. So sorry for those who missed out as it was another awesome year at the farm! Hope to see you all in 2019 but hopefully not on this thread! Peace out. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Beaver89 said:

spoke to a lad this morning after leaving and he put his name down for car park management... got paid, free ticket subsidised food, clean showers for staff... worked really hard Wednesday , Thursday day time and had evenings free.. and working this morning... he said he wouldn't do it any other way from now on 

1 hour ago, babyblade41 said:

spoke to a lad this morning after leaving and he put his name down for car park management... got paid, free ticket subsidised food, clean showers for staff... worked really hard Wednesday , Thursday day time and had evenings free.. and working this morning... he said he wouldn't do it any other way from now on 

Where did he apply to do that for the future?

3 minutes ago, james1238 said:

Where did he apply to do that for the future?

James it was a carpark management .com or something like that not sure... but he only applied 4 weeks ago .. He had to pay a deposit up front so not sure if that's the norm... but as he said "hard work Wednesday , Thursday daytime .. the rest was virtually nothing to do ... all day shifts and he got to see most of what he wanted with great camping conditions  and a few quid in his pocket "

3 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

James it was a carpark management .com or something like that not sure... but he only applied 4 weeks ago .. He had to pay a deposit up front so not sure if that's the norm... but as he said "hard work Wednesday , Thursday daytime .. the rest was virtually nothing to do ... all day shifts and he got to see most of what he wanted with great camping conditions  and a few quid in his pocket "

Thanks. Did he have to work Friday, sat, sun.. and just sit around or just go to the festival?

1 hour ago, babyblade41 said:

Pretty sweet deal. I know opportunities are available right up to the festival, we saw many in these thread and I have friends who often find work as late as a week or 2 before. I had an potential opportunity to steward work its way to my attention this time last week but by the time my emphatic response got back to them it had gone. Just a bad run of luck and a rollercoaster I'm not sure was all that fun!

As I've said, it makes you appreciate the luck, the run and the festival itself all the more for sitting one out. Just sucked it was this one with the great weather and fantastic Beaver-perfect lineup.