Secret resales 2015

Terence99

38 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

quiet in here tonight 

Sitting in my garden with a large cider a few miles from the site, looking forward to my day at the festival on Sunday, glad it's now cooling down for everyone, hoping all enjoy the lovely summers evening before the madness begins, and if your passing there plenty of cider in the fridge! 

Thoughts also to all who haven't made it this year, it's certainly not been for lack of persistence or trying

• Upvote 1

You'll see from my signature I've not missed a Glasto since I started going at 18 years old in 2008. I twas the end of school on the Friday and I found my spiritual second home on the Saturday. I have had a Glasto wristband around my wrist ever since. Until now. at the moment the sun set tonight, in a sentimental ode to the farm and the place I love far too much, I cut the band off. I regret it already but its for the best. I think it has all just hit me as I type this through tears.

This year has been horrible and its all the worse for the fallow year next year. It's like being told you're not allowed to go home when everyone you love is going to be there. (That analogy stretches to friends and bands alike). 

I genuinely thought I was OK. I'm now a wreck with a naked wrist. I really need a hug but its too damn hot!

tumblr_orx05a245y1rceinoo1_1280.jpg

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

You'll see from my signature I've not missed a Glasto since I started going at 18 years old in 2008. I twas the end of school on the Friday and I found my spiritual second home on the Saturday. I have had a Glasto wristband around my wrist ever since. Until now. at the moment the sun set tonight, in a sentimental ode to the farm and the place I love far too much, I cut the band off. I regret it already but its for the best. I think it has all just hit me as I type this through tears.

This year has been horrible and its all the worse for the fallow year next year. It's like being told you're not allowed to go home when everyone you love is going to be there. (That analogy stretches to friends and bands alike). 

I genuinely thought I was OK. I'm now a wreck with a naked wrist. I really need a hug but its too damn hot!

It's really tough isn't it - I feel the same. probably the worst day I've ever spent at work and I've not been the best to be around. I thought I'd give these forums a miss but I find myself siting here browsing this and all the other threads. I wish everyone there all the best and hope that those good vibes come back to me and everyone else who's been glued to this thread for next years tickets. x

Just now, hillwalker said:

It's really tough isn't it - I feel the same. probably the worst day I've ever spent at work and I've not been the best to be around. I thought I'd give these forums a miss but I find myself siting here browsing this and all the other threads. I wish everyone there all the best and hope that those good vibes come back to me and everyone else who's been glued to this thread for next years tickets. x

Fortunately have this week off anyway (part optimism, part burn out). I'm not bitter in any way shape or form, just sentimental and upset I can't be involved in what has become almost part of my identity (is that sad? probably) It has certainly become a part of my routine. Never took for granted but very very important to me and next to nothing to do with the music either. Often said its the best festival on earth, and there are some great bands too!

I know I'm not the only one by a long shot and I genuinely hope those more daring than I found their way in. It'll be even harder when I go home for a week only 20 mins from the site.

I need to find something else to put on my wrist. feeling naked!

Second year missing the festival. The year before I only got the tickets in the secret resale.

Turning 50 this year and wanted to do so many special things. Glastonbury Festival and Xmas in Australia with family top of the list. Both those out the window and a lot of other minor joys as well. This led to quite a downward spiral in the first few months of this year. 

However some of pain is eased by a trip to Boomtown. Can't wait again. It's bigger now than the first Glastonbury I did, can only wonder what it will be like when I'm 80 :-)

Have to say it's a bit of a relief not to stress about tickets this October. 

Well, I'm sat in the garden drinking beer still. It feels wrong I'm not there and really surreal knowing it's going on without being there. As said above, I don't take it for granted, but this is my priority in terms of a holiday and booki time off every year. I've done all I can to buy or win a ticket but it just hasn't happened this time. Had a good run (11 in a row) and by law of averages I was going to miss out sometime. The dry weather, coming fallow year and decent line up (for me) is making it even worse though. :(

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, General Lee said:

Well, I'm sat in the garden drinking beer still. It feels wrong I'm not there and really surreal knowing it's going on without being there. As said above, I don't take it for granted, but this is my priority in terms of a holiday and booki time off every year. I've done all I can to buy or win a ticket but it just hasn't happened this time. Had a good run (11 in a row) and by law of averages I was going to miss out sometime. The dry weather, coming fallow year and decent line up (for me) is making it even worse though. :(

Aside from the beer - mines a cider and I lack a garden - exact same :sorry:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beaver89 said:

54 minutes ago, hillwalker said:

Fuck I seriously feel your pain. I've been on the point of tears on a few occasions today, just cant turn anywhere without something or someone reminding me of it. Would have been my 5th on the trot, i'm getting married in just over 12 months and with it not on next year the timing for a break is perfect, the line up's right up my street, i'm having an operation on my foot next week with 3 months rehab which couldnt have been timed better, and to top it all off, the weather... It honestly fucking hurts... and if she tells me 'to get over it' one more time I may lose my shit. I'm sure and hope I will, but at this present moment in time, dont think I can even bring myself to watch it on the box this weekend.

I keep trying to ignore the fact its happening now, but every now and then I see a slither of news on the web (coming on here doesn't help!), first one I've missed since I started going in 2011.

But like General Lee says, I've been incredibly lucky managing to get tickets up to now so I should be grateful I've been 5 times.

Still, can't help but feel a little numb on the inside!

10 hours ago, Big durbs said:

ok .. heres the thing .. all my posibles dried up ... and now after a mention by someone in the office i did a small search on the internet and it looks like wear all looking at a fallow year next year ( that was a given ) followed by a year somewhere else in midlands for 2019 , so no worthy farm until 2020 ... that was an interview with m evis in april this year .......

just kill me now .....

Glastonbury happens 2019. Emily Eavis interview this month.

12 minutes ago, JaneyMc said:

Sending love and hugs to all without tickets. I sold mine because of back problems. 

I'm now really regretting it and have mainly spent the day in tears. What the hell to do with 5 days off and every friend at Glasto? 

If it helps, its been stinking hot today - not at all what you'd want if you were poorly.

First i've missed since 2006 and it feels shite at the moment. Had all our reg's in on resale day but wouldn't proceed to payment for an agonising 12 + minutes. Transpires one of the crew may have got a ticket and didn't let anyone know so fucked all our chances. 

Off to Barca tomorrow with the chief instigator of my Glastonbury bug and best mate so not too sad. It just so happens it's the feast of John the Baptist, massive day over there and there are fireworks and beach parties so will be having a ball there instead. 

Best of luck next time to all.

Edited by davidd