Secret resales 2015

Terence99

10 minutes ago, Tiesto FTW said:

So if it's an EPO wristband, then they only check that and in you go? Even if you are going in with bags etc on the Wednesday? I have worked before with an EPO band and thats all they checked

Coming in with everyone might rise suspicion. As has been said earlier all EPOs are registered to a member of staff and can be traced. 

Though they might be busier checking luggage this year. Just came back up on PGB and the staff queue is humongous, people having to take everything out of trolleys etc. 

15 minutes ago, dazednconfused said:

Coming in with everyone might rise suspicion. As has been said earlier all EPOs are registered to a member of staff and can be traced. 

Though they might be busier checking luggage this year. Just came back up on PGB and the staff queue is humongous, people having to take everything out of trolleys etc. 

Ouch. Doesn't bode well for the morning.

27 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Not by a long long way! Remember scott44?

could be the same person right enough.:)

If you look at Sea Glass's profile, he registered on 22 May, about the same time that scott44 disappeared. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Ouch. Doesn't bode well for the morning.

though thinking about it, maybe they are using today as training? It would make sense as there's a lot fewer people coming in today.

realistically, the security staff aren't going to be physically able to search everybody who comes in. It isn't logistically possible. There will be increased searches and they'll be more thorough but everyone won't get searched.

1 minute ago, Kinkyinuit said:

though thinking about it, maybe they are using today as training? It would make sense as there's a lot fewer people coming in today.

realistically, the security staff aren't going to be physically able to search everybody who comes in. It isn't logistically possible. There will be increased searches and they'll be more thorough but everyone won't get searched.

Still no news? 

So at one brief point today I had a performer ticket in my name but that fell through.   I do have the genuine offer of another dude's ticket but - although Sea Glass's wording is poor - he has a legit point.  I'd already turned down a ticket that actually looked like me 15 years ago on the basis that I'm dark-skinned and therefore possible to have a little more gate attention in the current climate (I've been 15 times before, always walked straight in, no searches or anything, no I don't have a beard!).  And turning up on a Friday is my only choice so there is unlikely to be much queuing and pressure on the gate staff to get people through quickly.

The ticket I've been offered is from a black dude but we're different shades - think his strong coffee vs my medium tea :).  What should I do?  ARGH.

Edited by Janaka

2 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Seconded. They will try and search, for most that might just be a look into accessible bags for some a thorough search. Everyone should be prepared to just be patient, polite and respectful, it will take longer to get in. Very clear message everywhere on site.

5 minutes ago, Janaka said:

So at one brief point today I had a performer ticket in my name but that fell through.   I do have the genuine offer of another dude's ticket but - although Sea Glass's wording is poor - he has a legit point.  I'd already turned down a ticket that actually looked like me 15 years ago on the basis that I'm dark-skinned and therefore possible to have a little more gate attention in the current climate (I've been 15 times before, always walked straight in, no searches or anything, no I don't have a beard!).  And turning up on a Friday is my only choice so there is unlikely to be much queuing and pressure on the gate staff to get people through quickly.

The ticket I've been offered is from a black dude but we're different shades - think his strong coffee vs my medium tea :).  What should I do?  ARGH.

Go to the whitest and most awkward person you see on the gate. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Still no news? 

Sadly no.

5 minutes ago, Tiesto FTW said:

Argh, I just want to be there! The things we'll do huh. Whether a staff EPO band would be better tried when busy or later in day. I just think they can't possibly check everyone in this heat. People will be dropping like flies as it is!

Busy. Walk with confidence and a smile.

3 minutes ago, markian said:

What's the deal with hospitality tickets where it says photo id required.

I think they are pre checked with a name the week before. But whether you'd have to show an ID with the same name on it, possibly. Where have you found one, not from a twat on Instagram I hope?

Just now, Kinkyinuit said:

In slightly more positive news, my friends have packed me a tent with them so if the ticket does arrive, I've got one less thing to travel down with.

getting closer by the minute... how is the tracking going ? is it on a 48 hour delivery ? I'm wishing you the most positive news tomorrow ... chill out this evening and practice for the coming days getting alcohol levels up to speed xx

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

I thought the reasons for additional security was to prevent any attacks on the festival?

By the way the thead hasn't been hijacked (correct spelling) by anyone. It's mostly the same group of people that have been here for almost 2 months.

I've been on this thread for two years lol unsuccessful both years.

Just now, babyblade41 said:

getting closer by the minute... how is the tracking going ? is it on a 48 hour delivery ? I'm wishing you the most positive news tomorrow ... chill out this evening and practice for the coming days getting alcohol levels up to speed xx

It should come tomorrow. Should being the operative word.

Almost half tempted to ask someone on the secret resale WhatsApp group if they'll do the epo wristband sliparoo but wouldn't want to jeopardise their festival

1 hour ago, morethanaphelan said:

Mate, most people here won't be going illegally, because most of the options thrown up aren't legit. As for questioning the ethics of the couple of hundred bunking in each year, head up the Circle at 1am on Thursday morning and see where your litigiousness gets you. Basically, chill the fuck out. 

I'm going to Spain. 

I am totally chilled out and am just voicing an opinion. I just find it odd that so many people talk about the whole spirit of Glastonbury, don't pee on the land, respect the farm type stuff etc, but as soon as they find themselves ticketless they soon forget those morals and start begging for an illegal way in. 

• Downvote 7

49 minutes ago, Janaka said:

Claim you have that skin whiting disease/disorder/condition that Micheal Jackson had/has

• Upvote 1