Secret resales 2015

Terence99

7 minutes ago, BigChief said:

What's an EPO band? She is going to walk you in with a band and then take it off you. I couldn't be bothered with the fear of being kicked out, saw it a few times before. 

It's definitely not a method I'd recommend for anyone who lives quite far from the farm, certainly not one I'd try anyway. Even if I got in with it, I'd spend the whole weekend paranoid security would catch me without a wristband mid-festival and don't think I'd enjoy myself worrying the whole weekend. 

10 minutes ago, BigChief said:

What's an EPO band? She is going to walk you in with a band and then take it off you. I couldn't be bothered with the fear of being kicked out, saw it a few times before. 

It's an Easy Pass Out wristband. Basically a wristband given to staff that are camping off site or have to leave the site often. The advantage with this, is that instead of having to get a pass pit when leaving the main site, you can come and go as you please.

For those of a certain inclination, it means that they can get this wristband slipped on and enter Glastonbury with (hopefully) no problems.

14 minutes ago, PetePie said:

If that's the case , does that mean we would have to leave tent and rucksack in the car , or could we take them in with the EPO wristband

Nope, can just walk in with all of your stuff. It  will still be subject to the same checks as everyone else but otherwise it's all good 

5 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

I now have in my possession a valid Glastonbury ticket.

i just need to start looking a bit more like the guy on it!

You little beauty Shifty.

How different do you look? Assume the person on ticket isnt weird look ing or anything -or has one ear, or "Fuck off" tattoo'd across his forehead? 

5 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

It's definitely not a method I'd recommend for anyone who lives quite far from the farm, certainly not one I'd try anyway. Even if I got in with it, I'd spend the whole weekend paranoid security would catch me without a wristband mid-festival and don't think I'd enjoy myself worrying the whole weekend. 

Long sleeves + previous wristbands.

Though if memory serves, they sometimes check wristbands when going into SE corner. 

1 minute ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Long sleeves + previous wristbands.

Though if memory serves, they sometimes check wristbands when going into SE corner. 

I got enough wristbands from previous years , to cover this years colour I hope but I can't remember em checking them going into se corner , or maybe I was to wrecked to notice 

8 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

It's an Easy Pass Out wristband. Basically a wristband given to staff that are camping off site or have to leave the site often. The advantage with this, is that instead of having to get a pass pit when leaving the main site, you can come and go as you please.

For those of a certain inclination, it means that they can get this wristband slipped on and enter Glastonbury with (hopefully) no problems.

Would you need to show your ticket with the EPO wristband ?

2 minutes ago, PetePie said:

Would you need to show your ticket with the EPO wristband ?

It's unlikely, by definition the epo wristband makes having a ticket redundant for getting in and out of the site.

That said, if they are suspicious of you and don't believe that it is your wristband, I think they have the capability to check the wristband no. To give a name  (and possibly a photo). I personally have never seen it happen but that's not to say it doesnt. 

There is no ticket with an EPO wristband- it's given through a staff agency, normally those outside the main festival gate, or those who those who work outside it.

I have suspected people doing this before and have tightened the wristband to the owner, so that it's there for good - and the person who they borrowed it from would be wristband-less from then on, meaning they'd probably get in the shit from whoever they were working for. 

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

You little beauty Shifty.

How different do you look? Assume the person on ticket isnt weird look ing or anything -or has one ear, or "Fuck off" tattoo'd across his forehead? 

Same shape head (think Stewy Griffin) and eyes (think He Man cartoon).

its not too far off

38 minutes ago, PetePie said:

I got enough wristbands from previous years , to cover this years colour I hope but I can't remember em checking them going into se corner , or maybe I was to wrecked to notice 

I had mine checked at really busy times last year, when it was a massive push to get through. Ideal time to sift people out I suppose! Easy enough to head somewhere else until there are no queues though, don't want to be standing near security too long it you don't have a band.

The Easy Pass Out system changed last year.  Now you have to have a ticket to go with it to get in/out - I posted a picture of one in this thread.  I can't remember the exact details of what hoops you have to go through to get this ticket, but mine has my name etc on it, so they presumably have access to a database of registered workers.  The idea was to prevent people doing the wrist band trick to sneak people in.

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

One of my sales team has hospitality ticket . He set his tent up yesterday.  He's got at epo and hospitality band . No ticket though . His was ligit btw.  

I was made to show my ticket last year with the hospitality wristband at the gate on the way in but that may be different if you have an EPO as I didn't 

Edited by Lucy92