Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, Beaver89 said:

Just asked for a pic. Bit of a geographic divide so need to ask to send by 6pm if taking the plunge.

If he's ok with paying half now, half on delivery that would lessen the blow if it turns out to be fake.

The way I looked at it with my tickets, is that at the point it was worth a gamble. There were things that made it seemed legit, as well things that unsettled me. However, I limited my outlay so that if it does go tits up, I won't be too out of pocket.  

Best of luck, I hope it works out for You!

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

ok guy .. time to go back home , lets hope , pray to the glast gods my phone rings with good news , im sure i will be back on to the " glasto support group forum " later this evening .

stay safe out there people :-)

Fingers crossed for you Durbs. I might hear the shout if it comes off from here in Corsham

4 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

You tired of winding folk up on the weather thread and on Backstreets then Nal?

Ha no, genuine question. Just curious.

Wouldn't take the piss about something as serious as this. I've been there a couple of times.

But no, not tired of the other two. 

Edited by The Nal

15 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Got a guy on Craigslist claiming it just says 'guest' on the ticket. I'm a bit cautious and suspicious but thinking it may be worth the gamble (the price asked isn't god-awful)

Staff/performer tickets often have a little white sticker sticker saying who they're issued by- either an area or a person.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Ha no, genuine question. Just curious.

Wouldn't take the piss about something as serious as this. I've been there a couple of times.

But no, not tired of the other two. 

Well the answer then is a solid No unfortunately.  

Daily false alarms and stress. Now down to buying dodgy tickets off craigslist.

Some have tickets but want them for friends (like me) some have naff all - which is a bitch.

3 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Well the answer then is a solid No unfortunately.  

Daily false alarms and stress. Now down to buying dodgy tickets off craigslist.

Some have tickets but want them for friends (like me) some have naff all - which is a bitch.

That sucks ass folks sorry to hear that.

Just now, barcelonista1899 said:

Staff/performer tickets often have a little white sticker sticker saying who they're issued by- either an area or a person.

I had a guest ticket back in 2010 - courtesy of a certain large brewer.   It had my name/address on a white sticker that was completely unpeelable, plus name of said company on the ticket.  Think it also had a big "G" stamped on it somewhere.  Some years back of course but worth exercising caution with a blank one.

18 minutes ago, barcelonista1899 said:

You can normally call out scammers early by asking if you can collect the ticket for cash.  They will normally ask where you live and then tell you they live somewhere on the other end of the country and that the tickets need to be collected by 6pm or another time that is unrealistic.  I then tell them I have family near where they are who can be there in 30mins and to confirm the address, it normally goes dead at this stage if its a scam.

2 minutes ago, Hugs said:

You can normally call out scammers early by asking if you can collect the ticket for cash.  They will normally ask where you live and then tell you they live somewhere on the other end of the country and that the tickets need to be collected by 6pm or another time that is unrealistic.  I then tell them I have family near where they are who can be there in 30mins and to confirm the address, it normally goes dead at this stage if its a scam.

Wish I'd thought of going down that route about 3 weeks ago! I've had more leads than fking Barbara Woodhouse ( most of you will be too young to remember her) and they've all turned out to be about as useful as a 1 legged man at an arse kicking party!

Im going for a sulk.... and that is not a euphemism!

7 minutes ago, Hugs said:

Well that sounds uncannily similar to this person. I'm bailing. Thanks guys - you just saved me a lot of trouble. I'm desperate to be at Worthy Farm but there is a limit.

thats 2 leads in one day today - one of them was fully legit but was 10 mins late. Can have my final acceptance of not attending now. Gonna book Citadel instead I think.

Guys, If you are looking at this link on Craigslist:

https://london.craigslist.co.uk/wan/6179281848.html

It is a scam. Same story as Hugs above (uncannily so) and asked to used Skrill for payment. He may well be legit but never heard of Skrill and it looks terrible rep wise. Be careful guys.

It wouldn't have been that bad as he was selling 2 tix for 400 and agreed to 200 now and 200 on arrival but I'd be willing to bet thats £200 wasted. Plenty of other gigs to be had for that like QOTSA, Wolf Alice and Citadel.

3 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

It'll be the old EPO wristband sliparoo.

That was going to be my back up plan but sadly my man on the inside wasn't working this year.

If that's the case , does that mean we would have to leave tent and rucksack in the car , or could we take them in with the EPO wristband

4 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

It'll be the old EPO wristband sliparoo.

That was going to be my back up plan but sadly my man on the inside wasn't working this year.

What's an EPO band? She is going to walk you in with a band and then take it off you. I couldn't be bothered with the fear of being kicked out, saw it a few times before. 

1 minute ago, BigChief said:

What's an EPO band? She is going to walk you in with a band and then take it off you. I couldn't be bothered with the fear of being kicked out, saw it a few times before. 

That's my fear too , having a 6 hour drive to get there , then not getting in