Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

A quick way to find out if it's legit is to get someone else to email/text/phone the seller to say 'heard you were selling a wristband - is it still for sale?'  If they say no, then that's a comforting sign.

I got scammed trying to buy a Stone Roses ticket a few years back.  The scam works because they give you every impression that they only want to sell it face-to-face at their house - however, they also claim to be on the Isle of Man, so suckers like me eventually suggest doing it by post + bank transfer.  When I reported the scam to my bank, one of their staff initially told me I'd be refunded.  Later, the bank went back to it's usual stance, which is that 'we're not responsible for you doing bank transfers to conmen.'  But by then it was too late: I'd already got their staff member promising me a refund, on a a call which they recorded, so they had to pay up in the end.  You may not be so lucky, but worth a try.

That is a great shout to get someone else to call!

55 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

A quick way to find out if it's legit is to get someone else to email/text/phone the seller to say 'heard you were selling a wristband - is it still for sale?'  If they say no, then that's a comforting sign.

I got scammed trying to buy a Stone Roses ticket a few years back.  The scam works because they give you every impression that they only want to sell it face-to-face at their house - however, they also claim to be on the Isle of Man, so suckers like me eventually suggest doing it by post + bank transfer.  When I reported the scam to my bank, one of their staff initially told me I'd be refunded.  Later, the bank went back to it's usual stance, which is that 'we're not responsible for you doing bank transfers to conmen.'  But by then it was too late: I'd already got their staff member promising me a refund, on a a call which they recorded, so they had to pay up in the end.  You may not be so lucky, but worth a try.

the only possible issue is that they have a few crew passes, so might still be trying to sell the others?

if they say they don't have any for sale though, then that's a good sign!

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

the only possible issue is that they have a few crew passes, so might still be trying to sell the others?

if they say they don't have any for sale though, then that's a good sign!

I emailed him off my other account. 

Said that he's sold them already.

So it's either a good sign, or if He is a scammer, he's got some morals 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I emailed him off my other account. 

Said that he's sold them already.

So it's either a good sign, or if He is a scammer, he's got some morals 

Scammers don't turn away extra risk-free money.  I'd be very comforted by that.  (In my Stone Roses scam, I texted the scammer, and of course they were still selling it...)

1 hour ago, Johnkhutch said:

Despite balancing a part time job and full time page checking and knob jokes..

I've only ended up getting a bloody First Class Honor in my degree!

Given everything you've been through with exams etc and being in here, that's a fantastic achievement, well done you

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

morning all fellow hopeulls , no contact from my man over the weekend , today . might pop up to see if he came good after all ... heres to hoping , ( a little pray might help )

Hell - 100% thought you were sorted now Durbs. Where you got to go?

So its down to the wire for a couple then. Go go go @Kinkyinuit and @Big durbs

Ugh - I thought I'd escaped the perils of the secret resale by scoring tickets in the normal resale. Turns out we're now in the crap :(

The 'lead booker' received our tickets and accidentally posted them to an address that doesn't exist instead of to us. It's someone we know too, so a 'genuine' mistake. To top it off, she didn't put a senders address on it. Not deliberate but bloomin awful!

As a result, our tickets are currently in Belfasts Lost Property office - three football stadiums big. It normally takes 6 weeks to process something that's gone there. They arrived there on Friday. And they're doing all they can for us.

I'm hoping Royal Mail pull this one out the bag for us. Champagne in the post for them if they do.

Can't tell you how bad we feel at the moment :(

Edited by slipmatt

4 minutes ago, slipmatt said:

Ugh - I thought I'd escaped the perils of the secret resale by scoring tickets in the normal resale. Turns out we're now in the crap :(

The 'lead booker' received our tickets and accidentally posted them to an address that doesn't exist instead of to us. To top it off, she didn't put a senders address on it.

As a result, our tickets are currently in Belfasts Lost Property office - three football stadiums big. It normally takes 6 weeks to process something that's gone there. They arrived there on Friday. And they're doing all they can for us.

I'm hoping Royal Mail pull this one out the bag for us. Champagne in the post for them if they do.

Have you contacted Glastonbury and let them know what's happened?? There must be something they can do!!! GOOD LUCK!!

Edited by Rocketfrog1820

1 minute ago, slipmatt said:

The 'lead booker' received our tickets and accidentally posted them to an address that doesn't exist instead of to us. To top it off, she didn't put a senders address on it.

Jesus H Christ. Reckon the lead booker owes you a bathful of cider. Fingers crossed for you Slipmatt. Let us all know?

So thats three squeeky bum times today then.

Just now, Rocketfrog1820 said:

H you contacted Glastonbury and let them knowhat's happened?? There must be something they can do!!! GOOD LUCK!!

Yep spoken to them multiple times. They're saying cos someone previously signed for them (the lead booker, not us) then they can do nothing.

TBH, I've been lucky for 15 years, but the fact that such a genuine reason for loss - ie Royal Mail are prepared to tell See that they have them, they just can't route them to us (if it comes to that) and See still won't issue new ones, is a bit harsh.

Just now, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Jesus H Christ. Reckon the lead booker owes you a bathful of cider. Fingers crossed for you Slipmatt. Let us all know?

So thats three squeeky bum times today then.

WIll do. We're continuing as planned - I'm just staying home. Hoping it's a case of when we get them, rather than if.