Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

What about u MJ? You been supporting others all the way thru. Where u up to?

Nope still no joy for me unfortunately, I don't get back from work into the uk until the Wednesday afternoon so sadly volunteering was never an option for me this year.:( All that said, I have been given a hint of a contact to get in touch with on Tuesday. It's so vague at the moment that I have no idea what it entails or where (if anywhere) it might lead but of course I'll keep you all updated on my progress. I've been here so long now and I always said I would be here until the bitter end!:)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Charcolate said:

It was for a staff ticket for my partner, and yes, we will both be on the scrumpy on Wednesday. 

(Lidl own brand Scrumpy, mind) 

Love a happy story with a happy ending!!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

In the end I view it as a gamble. The guy wanting to meet and do the exchange in person reassured me, but the doubts still remain.

If it comes through then it'll be amazing.

If it doesn't, I'll be in the same position as I am in now.

It's going to be a tense couple of days!

How much did you end up agreeing on for it? (If you don't mind my asking)

Fingers crossed for you buddy, you've showed great determination!

8 minutes ago, BigChief said:

How much did you end up agreeing on for it? (If you don't mind my asking)

Fingers crossed for you buddy, you've showed great determination!

£180

I put up half upfront.

I'm bricking it to be honest, I'm not even bothered about the money, more the crushing disappointment if it turns out to be bogus.

36 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

£180

I put up half upfront.

I'm bricking it to be honest, I'm not even bothered about the money, more the crushing disappointment if it turns out to be bogus.

£180 for a crew band? 

Mate I hate to say it but I reckon you got scammed. 

Can I ask how you paid?

23 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

It's looking more likely that's the case. Did it by bank transfer. 

Live by the sword, eh?

I'm not gonna lecture you about sending bank transfers, or no face to face, or that it's too good to be true etc etc but you already know it's bogus from the tone of your posts mate. And I do too from the price alone. I hope it works out for you but don't be surprised when the postman walks on past your house tomorrow 

4 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

I'm not gonna lecture you about sending bank transfers, or no face to face, or that it's too good to be true etc etc but you already know it's bogus from the tone of your posts mate. And I do too from the price alone. I hope it works out for you but don't be surprised when the postman walks on past your house tomorrow 

Can't argue with this logic. Good luck all the same kinky.

7 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

£180 for a crew band? 

Mate I hate to say it but I reckon you got scammed. 

Can I ask how you paid?

I was thinking that wasnt a bad price - considering its week of  the festival and he's only paid half. But what do I know?

What do you reckon would be the right level to pay?

Given that theres no guarantee @Kinkyinuit gets in on the ticket. If it turns up at all.

I'd say £180 would be a reasonable price on the day as it won't have sold and they will take whatever they could get but it does seem very cheap a few days before especially for a crew ticket. Fingers crossed it does turn out to be genuine though.

11 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

I was thinking that wasnt a bad price - considering its week of  the festival and he's only paid half. But what do I know?

What do you reckon would be the right level to pay?

Given that theres no guarantee @Kinkyinuit gets in on the ticket. If it turns up at all.

It's a very good price, that's what makes it a little suspect. I guess £90 is a reasonable gamble...

just hoping that crew ticket is Kosher...everything crossed for you ...hope those meeting up have a great time ...alas I wont be getting in until about 8.00 pm Thursday evening so will miss the shenanigans ......mind you being in the over 50 brigade I'm a bit over the hill to keep up... had an awakening yesterday when I travelled to see my girls back in Oxford and enjoyed the alcohol free option as I was driving !!!

1 minute ago, babyblade41 said:

just hoping that crew ticket is Kosher...everything crossed for you ...hope those meeting up have a great time ...alas I wont be getting in until about 8.00 pm Thursday evening so will miss the shenanigans ......mind you being in the over 50 brigade I'm a bit over the hill to keep up... had an awakening yesterday when I travelled to see my girls back in Oxford and enjoyed the alcohol free option as I was driving !!!

Thanks everyone. I can't say I'm optimistic but we shall see. At least with gearing myself up for disappointment, I won't be too crushed if it turns out to be bogus.

However, if it's legit....

Just now, Kinkyinuit said:

Thanks everyone. I can't say I'm optimistic but we shall see. At least with gearing myself up for disappointment, I won't be too crushed if it turns out to be bogus.

if it is you wont need alcohol you will be high on happiness xx

1 minute ago, Kinkyinuit said:

A quick way to find out if it's legit is to get someone else to email/text/phone the seller to say 'heard you were selling a wristband - is it still for sale?'  If they say no, then that's a comforting sign.

I got scammed trying to buy a Stone Roses ticket a few years back.  The scam works because they give you every impression that they only want to sell it face-to-face at their house - however, they also claim to be on the Isle of Man, so suckers like me eventually suggest doing it by post + bank transfer.  When I reported the scam to my bank, one of their staff initially told me I'd be refunded.  Later, the bank went back to it's usual stance, which is that 'we're not responsible for you doing bank transfers to conmen.'  But by then it was too late: I'd already got their staff member promising me a refund, on a a call which they recorded, so they had to pay up in the end.  You may not be so lucky, but worth a try.

1 minute ago, babyblade41 said:

wow how good are you ?? well done 

Just now, Becki7000 said:

Congratulations, bloody well done!

Just now, Lucy92 said:

Congrats!!!!

Thank you guys I'm so over the moon, didn't expect this at all! Nearly makes up for the lack of Glasto ticket.. :P 

• Upvote 1