Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

Just as a foot note , and looking forward to 2019 , what are the best " in's " to get a ticket . I noticed when I joined this thread the link to the landing page , is that going to cut the stress on getting through quicker ? I'm thinking of finding someone who lives local and doing a second registration there to maybe try that avenue . 

I think a good " going" forward plan is a must so we don't all end up here again in 2 years time .

look forward to thoughts and pointers

Secret resales survivors club. 1 big list of organised groups and teams + helpers who all have the list 

8 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Secret resales survivors club. 1 big list of organised groups and teams + helpers who all have the list 

This. No substitute for an organised group or group of 8's with a list of who tickets are being bought for. All with different IP addresses and preferably on different browsers. No mad F5-ing - just all committed to it as the bell goes off at 9 o'clock. 

After that - its sheer bloody luck

EDIT: if it wasnt so far off I'd suggest we set up such a thing for next time based on the folk in this thread (who have earnt their spurs on the commitment front a zillion times over)

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

We need some shirts made up for 2019, with this on the front for sure! Well done @lobo great news. Upvote wish granted.

2 hours ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

You're just getting weird now

I've become slightly delirious. I'm sure you understand though. 

Thanks again for all the love and sarcastic comments gang. Theyve made me smile :)

Edited by lobo

Just now, Big durbs said:

You would think us (almost) locals would have contacts and inside men/women by the bucket load , but I have tried every last one to death and still no luck until someone overheard me talking and put me onto a new contact ... I'm still hopeful this one will pay off ( I should find out later today ) cross fingers , toes , eyes ect.

Good luck! I'm starting to accept that I'm not going barring a miracle. 

2 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Good luck! I'm starting to accept that I'm not going barring a miracle. 

Me too. What's worse I have just spent an morning in the hairdressers where I had to listen to not one but two people go on about how excited they are about going to Glastonbury.....You couldn't make it up! 

6 hours ago, lobo said:

Well, it all looked terrible yesterday. Woke up this morning to a text saying the ticket is at my friends house waiting for me. I can't actually believe it. 4 days before the festival gates open. Its been so much stress but now it all seems totally worth it and I can't begin to explain how happy i am. Thanks so much for all of the help, especially to the cucumber who immediately offered advice and help to a newbie/lurker on the forum looking for resale tickets. You are all hilarious, incredibly kind and weird in your own ways and i couldnt have got through the past couple of months waiting this out without hanging out with you guys, this thread definitely has the Glastonbury spirit. Good luck to those still looking.

Now wheres my upvotes?

giphy.gif

Well done Lobo be more then happy to meet you for a drink at the Cider bus my shout 

Long time lurker of the Secret Resale group this year here, I have previously worked at the festival (last 4 years), but my current 'day' job means I can't take off the 7/8days required this year. I had a place assured this year but had to cancel, which was absolutely crushing to do :( .

Tried in the re-sale (as I can manage to play the sickie card for a few days!), no luck and had been on the page checkers and refreshing every day since. It's really starting to sink in now, especially with Glastonbury beginning to be mentioned very frequently on social media and the radio. Normally I would be spending the weekend in Bristol before heading to the site on Monday.. not this time!

The ever lasting hope of this group has been brilliant and it really encompasses the love that people have for the festival- which is what makes it the greatest on the planet.  It's great to see many people finding a way in eventually! 

Fingers crossed we'll all be there in 2019 (I'm changing jobs so won't be bound by pesky term dates! ;) ) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

You would think us (almost) locals would have contacts and inside men/women by the bucket load , but I have tried every last one to death and still no luck until someone overheard me talking and put me onto a new contact ... I'm still hopeful this one will pay off ( I should find out later today ) cross fingers , toes , eyes ect.

Get yourself into the local pubs around glastonbury over the weekend and just attempt to speak to as many random people as you can, you'd think someone, must know someone...