Secret resales 2015

Terence99

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

don't worry, i'm sure a fraudster or three will be in touch to take your money and run.

I've lost count of the amount of fraudsters I've come across.

It's funny how quick they disappear once you start asking to verify the legitimacy of the ticket 

There must be a better way than the current system though. 

Due to circumstances, there are always going to be people who have bought a ticket but unable to go.  If it's after April, they are severely out of pocket.  If only there was a way to implement a market place run by seetickets or GF where tickets that are no longer wanted can be transferred to someone who is registered.  At least that way it would stop inflation of ticket prices, though it may also prevent the chance of secret resales from ever happening.  

In other news, I am bored in work, so naturally I've spent my day trying to sort out tickets / volunteering.  

So much for dropping out of the secret resale group.

16 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Due to circumstances, there are always going to be people who have bought a ticket but unable to go.  If it's after April, they are severely out of pocket.  If only there was a way to implement a market place run by seetickets or GF where tickets that are no longer wanted can be transferred to someone who is registered.  At least that way it would stop inflation of ticket prices, though it may also prevent the chance of secret resales from ever happening.  

In other news, I am bored in work, so naturally I've spent my day trying to sort out tickets / volunteering.  

I think it is the best system about. Stops touts which improves the feel of the festival in my book.

4 minutes ago, Bb-dog said:

I think it is the best system about. Stops touts which improves the feel of the festival in my book.

True, though if it was done through seetickets, surely that would prevent touting by fixing the price?

I don't know anymore.  My brain has turned to mush from all the stress of the last couple of weeks

3 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

True, though if it was done through seetickets, surely that would prevent touting by fixing the price?

I don't know anymore.  My brain has turned to mush from all the stress of the last couple of weeks

It usually is hence the now 3 yr long existence of this thread....

2 hours ago, VisionOfLove said:

Aware it's quite frowned upon here so don't wanna break any rules but can anyone point me in the direction of people selling on tickets? 

Try Twitter, Facebook, other selling sites, but be prepared that most of them don't actually have tickets and are trying to scam you, and that you may not get in anyway!

I've been looking a lot, and Twitter seems to have the most choice, but buyer beware

59 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Insurance is offered when we buy.

I was asked by a work colleague earlier if I was going to watch Glastonbury on the TV on the basis I wasn't going to be there in person. After I politely asked him to fk off I then told him I wouldn't be watching it on TV. He seemed confused considering I was so desperate to go and I'd bored  him stupid about my dealings with several scumbag scammers . I then explained to him...

'watching Glastonbury on TV would be akin to my current wife telling me I can go to the pub, but I wasn't allowed to drink any alcohol' ..

he then understood, which was a good thing as I was on the verge of head butting him and sticking him in a bin.

To those of you who volunteered yourselves to work at the festival,I salute you. 

To those of you with tickets I hate you all but I hope you have the time of your lives.

To those of you waiting on a resale and/or still hoping for an outlet for a ticket to rear  its ugly head I hope you get what you so richly deserve.

To those of you currently dealing with people who know someone who knows someone and if you give me 250 quid I'll get you a ticket as long as you pay in advance , don't be a twat! If something seems too good to be true, it generally is.

I'll leave you with this.

There are 3 types of people in this world- those who can count and those who can't.

See you in 2019 xxx

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

'watching Glastonbury on TV would be akin to my current wife telling me I can go to the pub, but I wasn't allowed to drink any alcohol' ..

I'd go even further and say its like watching glastonbury on tv is like watching someone else have their way with your wife

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

I was asked by a work colleague earlier if I was going to watch Glastonbury on the TV on the basis I wasn't going to be there in person. After I politely asked him to fk off I then told him I wouldn't be watching it on TV. He seemed confused considering I was so desperate to go and I'd bored  him stupid about my dealings with several scumbag scammers . I then explained to him...

he then understood, which was a good thing as I was on the verge of head butting him and sticking him in a bin.

To those of you who volunteered yourselves to work at the festival,I salute you. 

To those of you with tickets I hate you all but I hope you have the time of your lives.

To those of you waiting on a resale and/or still hoping for an outlet for a ticket to rear  its ugly head I hope you get what you so richly deserve.

To those of you currently dealing with people who know someone who knows someone and if you give me 250 quid I'll get you a ticket as long as you pay in advance , don't be a twat! If something seems too good to be true, it generally is.

I'll leave you with this.

There are 3 types of people in this world- those who can count and those who can't.

See you in 2019 xxx

I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for you this year so far. I'm sure come 2019 if you stick around this forum will rally together to help out those who weren't successful this year :) 

6 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I'd go even further and say its like watching glastonbury on tv is like watching someone else have their way with your wife

As long as it doesn't get in the way of her ironing my shirts I'd be ok with that :D

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, scorp said:

Insurance is offered when we buy.

there are fairly strict terms on if you can claim back on the insurance. there was someone on here the other day who had their claim refused because the medical condition that had deteriorated and was forcing them not to go was already known about when they took out the insurance.

that sort of thing is par for the course in the weasel insurance industry.

Well thats that. Got some stuff off my mate who isn't going. We had a manly handshake. He is going camping with his family to escape and I promised limited texts to him though he did say he would read my daily blog.

We tried as best as we could for him and it just wasn't to be.

Doesn't ease the pain and genuinely gutted he isn't going and bringing his missus to lose her Glastonbury virginity.

Have I missed some definitive statement today regarding a resale?

Too fucked to read all prev pages.

I feel like I'm in the queue at 5am Weds after a marathon mud squelch foreign legion trek the night before!

Tomorrows the one!

6 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Even if you ran a "transfer" transaction through seetickets, it wouldn't stop touts etc. They could just demand however much money was paid directly to themselves up front, before they did a "face value" transfer through See. Which would also bring out the fraudsters who'd take the money up front and then disappear.

The only real way to truely prevent touting is to have no connection between the old and new ticket holder - which is what the current system does (for the most part). Inevitably that means putting a deadline on it for administrative reasons, and right now it appears that not enough tickets were returned in the 2 weeks leading up to the deadline to have a second resale. I think the best hope for change or more flexibility would be to move the deadline back a bit, say to 3 weeks before gates.

5 hours ago, incident said:

Even if you ran a "transfer" transaction through seetickets, it wouldn't stop touts etc. They could just demand however much money was paid directly to themselves up front, before they did a "face value" transfer through See. Which would also bring out the fraudsters who'd take the money up front and then disappear.

The only real way to truely prevent touting is to have no connection between the old and new ticket holder - which is what the current system does (for the most part). Inevitably that means putting a deadline on it for administrative reasons, and right now it appears that not enough tickets were returned in the 2 weeks leading up to the deadline to have a second resale. I think the best hope for change or more flexibility would be to move the deadline back a bit, say to 3 weeks before gates.

Agree with this. The issue isnt the method of ticketing - we'd all support any action taken to combat the tout parasites.

They could and should keep the return date as close to the start of the event as they can. Say the end of May to maximise the ability to return and availability of those returns to the masses who would snap them up.

Downside of that of course is that the "secret" resale isnt really secret anymore - it becomes an expectation. People "expect" a third sale and there would be an assumption it would be properly organised and announced. When that happens you get thousands scrabbling for hundreds of tickets just like on other sale days. So there would still be a fair chance people wouldnt get tickets.

We cant get away from it - biggest cultural event in the country (Europe?). More people want tickets than can have them. Always going to be disappointed and frustrated people. SeeTickets to me couldnt organise a piss up etc. but apart from that - its done about the fairest way it can be.

This year its people like the poor sods on this thread that have missed out. Its gutting.