Secret resales 2015

Terence99

8 minutes ago, scorp said:

Better ask the two people i was tasked with getting ticks for. ok, i was asked to keep quiet but i aint doing that now.

Fair enough. As much as I hope there is some weight behind it I just can't see why they would leave it so late. Here's hoping though. Thanks for the info anyway.:)

8 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Damn right. Cant bring myself to get worked up about this yet again. We've come to terms with none of the family being able to get tickets. If it happens (and it almost certainly wont) then great.

I know, this isnt the first time!

Yeah not saying you arent telling the truth @scorp. Its just that weve been burned before , even by someone who said they had strong info from someone working at SEE, gave us a date and rough time of a resale.

Edited by lobo

7 minutes ago, lobo said:

I know, this isnt the first time!

Yeah not saying you arent telling the truth @scorp. Its just that weve been burned before , even by someone who said they had strong info from someone working at SEE, gave us a date and rough time of a resale.

That was me - I've not spoken to them since.

I trust my mate so can only think that See keep it within a tight circle even internally.  Perhaps even give out mis-information to the minions (although I admit I don't know what the motive would be to do that).

Maybe a resale was envisaged but that the festival decided to give more locals away... or told see that they could have first dibs this year on account of number of refunds?

I don't know - but I now don't trust the guys at See one bit.

4 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

That was me - I've not spoken to them since.

I trust my mate so can only think that See keep it within a tight circle even internally.  Perhaps even give out mis-information to the minions (although I admit I don't know what the motive would be to do that).

Maybe a resale was envisaged but that the festival decided to give more locals away... or told see that they could have first dibs this year on account of number of refunds?

I don't know - but I now don't trust the guys at See one bit.

Hahah, forgot it was you. You stuck about anyway and proved not to be just trolling us so its all good. And like you said, who knows why they say the things they do at SEE. I'd personally like Glastonbury to move away from them and find a different ticket seller.

Edited by lobo

13 hours ago, Simsy said:

And he never got up on a Sunday morning to buy tickets because "you always get them". Proved him wrong this year :(

My group of 6 is now down to 2 for that reason. If you don't want to wake up and turn on your phone, laptop or whatever. Then you don't want to go. 

Edited by markian
Spelling

My mate has just informed me I'm going to Kendal Calling. I've never been, I've just had a look at the lineup, it isn't very appealing to me. He wants £200 off me asap. But I'm not quite ready to give up here yet. I've got until Friday to swap my holidays. Really don't want to swerve him till Friday but can't afford to pay him then have some sort of resale, plus the bills I've got going out. Bloody hell!!!

If by some miracle tickets did go on sale today and I somehow was successful. How much would I need in my account to cover four? 

Chances of them going on sale and  me getting through and getting 4 are stupidly low, I know, but I'd like to know just in case...funds are a little low!

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Re the meet.

I really would love to say hi in person to you but time is tight. I have a meet up with people elsewhere at around 3.30 Thursday and on my to see list is Mik Artisitc and out of all his sets there is only one I can make!!!

The Gateway Thursday at 2.30 - whether I actually get there is as always another matter!!

If there is a meet and if I can pop in quickly how do we recognise each other?

We'll be the ones looking stressed and flinching every time a mobile phone rings

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, markian said:

My group of 6 is now down to 2 for that reason. If you don't want to wake up and turn on your phone, laptop or whatever. Then you don't want to go. 

I've been with efests since it started - with the original format of it, too, in those days.  Have never wound anybody up. Just found my pm on facebook to one of the two i was asked to get ticks for: JUN 1ST, 11:46AM : [Quote] Just got some good sense out of SEE! I phoned and was told to phone 1 week before the fest. They may have returns by then to sell BY PHONE or online. She said "we do have late cancellations". The number to call, then, is 0871 220 0260, for an update or to buy. [End of quote]. 

But to repeat: that number costs 13p a min and a few days ago i waited about 60 mins listening to music and auto messages  before getting through [after pressing 1 in the menu after calling, which i did the first time i called and got thru quickly then]

Edited by scorp

3 minutes ago, scorp said:

I've been with efests since it started - with the original format of it, too, in those days.  Have never wound anybody up. Just found my pm on facebook to one of the two i was asked to get ticks for: JUN 1ST, 11:46AM : [Quote] Just got some good sense out of SEE! I phoned and was told to phone 1 week before the fest. They may have returns by then to sell BY PHONE or online. She said "we do have late cancellations". The number to call, then, is 0871 220 0260, for an update or to buy. [End of quote]. 

Anyone else thinking engaged tone, or the number u r calling is busy?

4 minutes ago, markian said:

My mate has just informed me I'm going to Kendal Calling. I've never been, I've just had a look at the lineup, it isn't very appealing to me. He wants £200 off me asap. But I'm not quite ready to give up here yet. I've got until Friday to swap my holidays. Really don't want to swerve him till Friday but can't afford to pay him then have some sort of resale, plus the bills I've got going out. Bloody hell!!!

I went to Kendal last year - it was pretty good but clearly once you've been to Glasto everything else kinda sucks in a way.  I was annoyed that you can't take your own booze into the arena and ended up being quite expensive.  Would recommend it though.

I'm actually desperately trying to get a ticket this year.  My plan was to go if I didn't get glasto tix but it's now sold out.  As soon as they come on Twickets they're gone within seconds.

If you're mate wants rid, I will happily take of his hands provided not at an inflated price.  My two mates going to Glasto are wristbanding and have to work a sister festival - Kendal... so as it stands I'm not able to go to either with them.

PM me if your mate wants to sell - I'd really appreciate it.

p.s. like I said though... I'd recommend it to you

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rocketfrog1820 said:

For me it rang, then automated message said not available at this time. Please call back later.... weird

an alternative number is 0115 912 9105. probably cheaper or free if you're on a package that includes free calls.   i suggest you press option 6. i did and am currently listening to music...  zzzzz and still am. but having given up for my 2 friends, one of whom now says she's not impressed with the line up, the other is on honeymoon, i'm gonna hang up.

20 minutes ago, gibble said:

If by some miracle tickets did go on sale today and I somehow was successful. How much would I need in my account to cover four? 

Chances of them going on sale and  me getting through and getting 4 are stupidly low, I know, but I'd like to know just in case...funds are a little low!

You'll need a grand.

7 minutes ago, markian said:

Hi mate, Kendal calling is my local festival and is a great one at that. Tickets aren't £200 though. It's £135 for a weekend with camping ticket. Also if money is tight now there are always tickets on these forums going spare nearer the time.

• Upvote 1