Secret resales 2015

Terence99

6 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

when registering my photo the only time it was accepted was when I removed my glasses...even my passport photo was rejected... My photo that was accepted looks less like me than my passport does ...very odd 

Depends when the photo was registered - apparently they're a lot stricter about it these days than they used to be.

My photo is at least 8 years old and probably wouldn't be accepted these days. They do apparently clear out old/outdated registrations from time to time but it's slipped under the net so far.

Just now, incident said:

Depends when the photo was registered - apparently they're a lot stricter about it these days than they used to be.

My photo is at least 8 years old and probably wouldn't be accepted these days. They do apparently clear out old/outdated registrations from time to time but it's slipped under the net so far.

registered last year just before ticket sales 

1 minute ago, CircuitWizard said:

To be fair you normally know if it's somebody trying it on. They normally look completely different. Most people have other ID with them if they are genuine. I've seen people looking completely different though and extremely dodgy trying to come through the gate with what is clearly a ticket that has been found. Those people definitely don't have a chance and for obvious reasons.

Yeah I thought it was probably as much down to how people acted as well as how they look but I would still say that if you looked fairly like the photo and you had some i.d that matches the name you'd have a fair chance at a pretty busy time.

For some reason I always imagined females would get away with it easier than males too although I have absolutely nothing to base that on.

I'm not planning on doing this myself by the way as Bruce Willis won't give me his ticket!:lol:

Hi all,

ive been trying to find info on reselling tickets and totally understand the reasons not too, lots of good info here but still leaves me wondering what to do

so I ended up in hospital last year with a bit of a major health scare, when I got out and on my road to recovery we were lucky enough to get our Glastonbury tickets, I paid And bought the insurance as a just in case , recently had a small set back and now the docs are strongly advising me not to go. 

Disappointed ,but thought ohh well and called the insurance people ,only to find I'm not covered as I bought the ticket after the event.

I cannot see why Glastonbury/ see tickets cannot refund right up to the day, they know that they can resell them  no probs, so this leaves me with either not going and the ticket goes to waste which one of you good people could have had the chance to buy. reselling , which I cannot make up my mind is a good or a bad thing to do ,or just saying bollocks to it all and go and have a good time.

I know if it was possible for refund I'd have sent the ticket back by now

what do you think?

2 minutes ago, Toeinthelakes said:

Hi all,

ive been trying to find info on reselling tickets and totally understand the reasons not too, lots of good info here but still leaves me wondering what to do

so I ended up in hospital last year with a bit of a major health scare, when I got out and on my road to recovery we were lucky enough to get our Glastonbury tickets, I paid And bought the insurance as a just in case , recently had a small set back and now the docs are strongly advising me not to go. 

Disappointed ,but thought ohh well and called the insurance people ,only to find I'm not covered as I bought the ticket after the event.

I cannot see why Glastonbury/ see tickets cannot refund right up to the day, they know that they can resell them  no probs, so this leaves me with either not going and the ticket goes to waste which one of you good people could have had the chance to buy. reselling , which I cannot make up my mind is a good or a bad thing to do ,or just saying bollocks to it all and go and have a good time.

what do you think?

Long-ish post with a bad health angle. Hope you're a legit enquirer.  

2 minutes ago, Toeinthelakes said:

Hi all,

what do you think?

At the end of the day it's up to you and your body mate. Do you think you could go, but just take it easy while at the festival?

If you really think you can't go and want to resell, as long as you make it clear to whoever you're selling it to that entry is not guaranteed it should be okay. Anyone buying someone else's ticket will know that they run a high risk of getting knocked back at the gate, but that's on them and not you.

Get well soon though buddy, hopefully your body will kick into gear and let you go!

3 minutes ago, Toeinthelakes said:

Hi all,

what do you think?

Hey there neighbour!:) I'm from Kendal!

That seems a bit petty of the insurance company to be honest as you were recovering from your health scare when you got your tickets. If the doctor has only recently advised you not to go then that is information that you didn't have when you bought the ticket. If you are serious about wanting to use the insurance I would contact the insurance people again and ask to speak to a manager to clarify the facts.

Now I don't know the situation surrounding your medical condition so I can't tell you what to do but I imagine the doctor doesn't know a great deal about Glastonbury either and may be playing it safe by advising you not to go. It may be worth giving Dr. @bennyhana22 a message and running it by him for a second (Glastonbury goers) opinion.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

8 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

At the end of the day it's up to you and your body mate. Do you think you could go, but just take it easy while at the festival?

If you really think you can't go and want to resell, as long as you make it clear to whoever you're selling it to that entry is not guaranteed it should be okay. Anyone buying someone else's ticket will know that they run a high risk of getting knocked back at the gate, but that's on them and not you.

Get well soon though buddy, hopefully your body will kick into gear and let you go!

It's crossed my mind but all to easy to get caught up in the excitement there !

thanks John

4 minutes ago, BigChief said:

There are loads of people trying to sell tickets, quite remarkable given they only paid the balance just over a month ago.

Not at all. Out of 135000 people there is always going to be quite a few people that for whatever reason circumstances have changed and they can no longer go. Also what you have to remember is that not all Glastonbury ticket holders are quite as obsessed with the place as we are on here and giving up a ticket or deciding they can't be arsed going simply isn't that big a deal.

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Not at all. Out of 135000 people there is always going to be quite a few people that for whatever reason circumstances have changed and they can no longer go. Also what you have to remember is that not all Glastonbury ticket holders are quite as obsessed with the place as we are on here and giving up a ticket or deciding they can't be arsed going simply isn't that big a deal.

There is one conclusion to be drawn for that:  there will be tickets at See's end [or GF's end] ... but what will happen to them.

6 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Hey there neighbour!:) I'm from Kendal!

That seems a bit petty of the insurance company to be honest as you were recovering from your health scare when you got your tickets. If the doctor has only recently advised you not to go then that is information that you didn't have when you bought the ticket. If you are serious about wanting to use the insurance I would contact the insurance people again and ask to speak to a manager to clarify the facts.

Now I don't know the situation surrounding your medical condition so I can't tell you what to do but I imagine the doctor doesn't know a great deal about Glastonbury either and may be playing it safe by advising you not to go. It may be worth giving Dr. @bennyhana22 a message and running it by him for a second (Glastonbury goers) opinion.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Heya Joe,

yes comeing through there later !

thanks for this , I will give them another call. thanks for the likk too , is he the onsite doctor ? 

1 hour ago, pancakeroll said:

Looks like DC Site Services have closed applications for Glastonbury already. I only just finished filling out my details!

Were you registering via the Volunteer section or Staff section? Glastonbury only appears under the Staff section as it is paid work.
I've gone for a 5-day 12hr (daytime) clicker job. Not worked at a festival before so this should be interesting. Thanks @dougal1 for the heads-up! :D

EDIT: I've just looked under the Staff section again and Glastonbury applications are still showing as Open!

Edited by AntG77
Edit text added
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, scorp said:

There is one conclusion to be drawn for that:  there will be tickets at See's end [or GF's end] ... but what will happen to them.

All tickets that were returned and refunded aside, they wouldn't have any returned tickets from after the refund date though hence people selling them on twitter and elsewhere.

50 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

out of curiosity, what's to stop their volunteers from starting and then not showing up once inside?

Leaving them in the shit with 1 less person and being blacklisted with them in future is the main consideration, but I'd imagine most would be perfectly happy to lose their 250 if it meant getting to go to the festival. I presume they slightly overbook as there's likely to be a few walk-offs?

do they change your wristband daily? do their volunteers even stay onsite? I know some services staff used to stay offsite?

I may be wrong but I think you have to have referees on your application and state you employment etc.  You do through Festaff anyway (I believe)

3 minutes ago, Toeinthelakes said:

Heya Joe,

yes comeing through there later !

thanks for this , I will give them another call. thanks for the likk too , is he the onsite doctor ? 

Nah he's just one of us obsessed Glastonbury folk who just happens to be a doctor! I'm hoping he doesn't mind me mentioning him on here and he may even send you a message if he sees your post.:)

3 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Glastonbury always publish how many people paid for a ticket but did not attend over the weekend.

I guess due to illness , car breaking down or weather not looking good.

I don't have the figures to hand but its quite a lot.

Perhaps Neil or someone can give us the figures for the non attendees ?

Just now, ivan said:

Glastonbury always publish how many people paid for a ticket but did not attend over the weekend.

I guess due to illness , car breaking down or weather not looking good.

I don't have the figures to hand but its quite a lot.

Perhaps Neil or someone can give us the figures for the non attendees ?

I didn't realise this but I'm not at all surprised. 135000 is a lot of people. Law of averages says that a fair number of people can't make it for one reason or another. 

All of which does raise questions as to what exactly happened to those missing tickets this year!

I've given in. The missus' auld lad has a boat in Sitges. I'm going to sit on that for a week and read books instead. I considered Latitude as a replacement, but it has a Waitrose and draconian can policies that I can't abide.

However, I did pay a tenner extra on the flights in case any reason for cancellation should occur. It's the hope that kills you.

2 minutes ago, morethanaphelan said:

I've given in. The missus' auld lad has a boat in Sitges. I'm going to sit on that for a week and read books instead. I considered Latitude as a replacement, but it has a Waitrose and draconian can policies that I can't abide.

However, I did pay a tenner extra on the flights in case any reason for cancellation should occur. It's the hope that kills you.

Thanks for your company buddy, enjoy the boat!:)

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

I didn't realise this but I'm not at all surprised. 135000 is a lot of people. Law of averages says that a fair number of people can't make it for one reason or another. 

All of which does raise questions as to what exactly happened to those missing tickets this year!

I could be a wrong but I thinks its a few thousand. 

I bet it went up last year with the weather and access onto site problems at the start ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, ivan said:

I could be a wrong but I thinks its a few thousand. 

I bet it went up last year with the weather and access onto site problems at the start ?

I'd be very surprised if it was that many though especially if we are talking about people not turning up after the refund date has passed? That would be like 2-3%