Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, MilkyJoe said:

Wouldn't go for this though. A facebook profile is likely to have many more pictures of the person to compare to rather than just a photo on a printed ticket. 

I suppose you could create a fake facebook account, using their name and your pictures.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Becki7000 said:

And it's a pretty crap photo, if it was clear I'd have no chance!

Can you see the ticket in person before you buy, or have you already done that, could you get some old utilities bills /bank stataements) or ID from the seller (non-photo obvs)

Edited by moheetoes

5 minutes ago, Becki7000 said:

And it's a pretty crap photo, if it was clear I'd have no chance!

This can work both ways though I think. In 2015 the person checking my ticket (which had a relatively poor photo on it) got their supervisor over to have a look. And it was me in the photo!

I think a lot may depend on when you turn up. This was Thursday afternoon when there was no queue. I think they may be more rigorous with checks at less busy times.

15 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

All this worth thinking about, and whether you could handle the disappointment if you're not successful. Will the ticket checks be any different to normal years? No idea but I'm not sure I would want to risk it.

All that said, I probably would though!:lol:

I'd consider it too!

12 minutes ago, BigChief said:

Unless the ticket is in a pretty unique name, then I very much doubt they'd be able to find the actual person on facebook unless they have details such as email address relating to the ticket?

yes, thats all well and good, but if the person checking is in any doubt, you'll go into the 'doubtful ticket' checking area, they won't just go 'fuck it, go on in'

Edited by paulshane

43 minutes ago, scorp said:

Muuuuch more of a risk now, i'd have thought. 

there's only so much volunteer manpower they have. this will all be concentrated on bag-checking. the ticket photo check will be the same as ever I'd imagine.

sometimes the checker knows that it isn't the person on the photo and lets them through, so maybe some might be a bit more wary now, but i'm sure there will still be loads who think "yeah, looks fairly like them" and lets them through.

1 hour ago, scorp said:

250 deposit and 12 hour shifts;  ok for the desperados .... but otoh, if there's gonna be a resale... 

out of curiosity, what's to stop their volunteers from starting and then not showing up once inside?

Leaving them in the shit with 1 less person and being blacklisted with them in future is the main consideration, but I'd imagine most would be perfectly happy to lose their 250 if it meant getting to go to the festival. I presume they slightly overbook as there's likely to be a few walk-offs?

do they change your wristband daily? do their volunteers even stay onsite? I know some services staff used to stay offsite?

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

there's only so much volunteer manpower they have. this will all be concentrated on bag-checking. the ticket photo check will be the same as ever I'd imagine.

sometimes the checker knows that it isn't the person on the photo and lets them through, so maybe some might be a bit more wary now, but i'm sure there will still be loads who think "yeah, looks fairly like them" and lets them through.

Yeah this is pretty much my thinking although I'm not sure what criteria ticket checkers are trained to look at. They won't be the top of the security chain though so as above I can't really see it being much different to normal. I'd still say that if it's doubtful the person holding the ticket is the same as in the picture then they could be a lot stricter but I imagine if you resemble the photo you stand an average to good chance of getting in. I'd be carrying one of the persons bank cards or something though with a matching name.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

out of curiosity, what's to stop their volunteers from starting and then not showing up once inside?

Leaving them in the shit with 1 less person and being blacklisted with them in future is the main consideration, but I'd imagine most would be perfectly happy to lose their 250 if it meant getting to go to the festival. I presume they slightly overbook as there's likely to be a few walk-offs?

do they change your wristband daily? do their volunteers even stay onsite? I know some services staff used to stay offsite?

It depends if you're camped onsite or not. 

If you're camped in the main site, once you get your wristband then there's only your own morals from stopping you from turning up for your shifts.

if you're camped off site or in segregated crew camping, then I'd imagine that the organisation will know that you've fucked them off and are likely to take your wristband off you.

either way, you run the risk of getting blacklisted from volunteering in the future.

it depends if you can live with yourself with letting the charity, your team and yourself down as well as running the risk of not being able to volunteer at Glastonbury or other festivals again.

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

Yeah this is pretty much my thinking although I'm not sure what criteria ticket checkers are trained to look at. They won't be the top of the security chain though so as above I can't really see it being much different to normal. I'd still say that if it's doubtful the person holding the ticket is the same as in the picture then they could be a lot stricter but I imagine if you resemble the photo you stand an average to good chance of getting in. I'd be carrying one of the persons bank cards or something though with a matching name.

I can tell you that having once been a ticket checker that we had to refuse anybody that didn't look like the person in the picture. If that person then challenged we called people over to help in the dispute. That included supervisors and security.

Having worked it I definitely wouldn't risk it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kinkyinuit said:

It depends if you're camped onsite or not. 

If you're camped in the main site, once you get your wristband then there's only your own morals from stopping you from turning up for your shifts.

if you're camped off site or in segregated crew camping, then I'd imagine that the organisation will know that you've fucked them off and are likely to take your wristband off you.

either way, you run the risk of getting blacklisted from volunteering in the future.

it depends if you can live with yourself with letting the charity, your team and yourself down as well as running the risk of not being able to volunteer at Glastonbury or other festivals again.

yeah, for the charities or somewhere that I wanted to possibly work with in future it'd be a no-no.

it just got me thinking with the DC Site Services applications re-opening if anyone on here would try that. for a private (?) company the guilt would probably be less if I was really desperate to go. camping offsite would obviously be an issue, although if you had a wristband and could go onsite, then I'm sure you could work something out.

2 minutes ago, CircuitWizard said:

I can tell you that having once been a ticket checker that we had to refuse anybody that didn't look like the person in the picture. If that person then challenged we called people over to help in the dispute. That included supervisors and security.

Having worked it I definitely wouldn't risk it.

Yeah I appreciate that and I imagine that a fair few people get pulled aside but what I was saying is that the checks are already fairly good and people do get scrutinised but are this years checks going to be any stricter? Just how much more can you scrutinise a photo trying to work out if it's the same person without it taking ages.

Also just out of interest, a person can change quite a lot in 6 or 7 years. What does it take for you to think, 'hang on a minute' or do you just get a feeling?

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

yeah, for the charities or somewhere that I wanted to possibly work with in future it'd be a no-no.

it just got me thinking with the DC Site Services applications re-opening if anyone on here would try that. for a private (?) company the guilt would probably be less if I was really desperate to go. camping offsite would obviously be an issue, although if you had a wristband and could go onsite, then I'm sure you could work something out.

In that case, I'd recommend that you have someone in the main site with the majority of your stuff. Those guys tend to get very suspicious when you pack up and move your tent and bag.

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

Yeah I appreciate that and I imagine that a fair few people get pulled aside but what I was saying is that the checks are already fairly good and people do get scrutinised but are this years checks going to be any stricter? Just how much more can you scrutinise a photo trying to work out if it's the same person without it taking ages.

Also just out of interest, a person can change quite a lot in 6 or 7 years. What does it take for you to think, 'hang on a minute' or do you just get a feeling?

To be fair you normally know if it's somebody trying it on. They normally look completely different. Most people have other ID with them if they are genuine. I've seen people looking completely different though and extremely dodgy trying to come through the gate with what is clearly a ticket that has been found. Those people definitely don't have a chance and for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, Becki7000 said:

It was more asking what the ticket people are trained to look at, as I have no idea! Think I'm just getting desperate... 

Eyes, Nose, Mouth/Jawline, and the relation to each other.

1 minute ago, babyblade41 said:

when registering my photo the only time it was accepted was when I removed my glasses...even my passport photo was rejected... My photo that was accepted looks less like me than my passport does ...very odd 

Mine from an identification point of view is awful, it always prints blurry and I'm about 10 years younger on it so barely look like me due to a beard and the ravages of time.

it depends on the person checking the ticket. Some  don't really care, some look a bit quizzical but accept it when I say it's an old photo. I've never had to really challenge it though

Just now, Kinkyinuit said:

Mine from an identification point of view is awful, it always prints blurry and I'm about 10 years younger on it so barely look like me due to a beard and the ravages of time.

it depends on the person checking the ticket. Some  don't really care, some look a bit quizzical but accept it when I say it's an old photo. I've never had to really challenge it though

I might take my passport just in case...I'll have my driving licence with me as well so hopefully I should have all the id I need