Secret resales 2015

Terence99

47 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Just been out there wandering amongst the other threads.

Relieved to be back. Its an aggressive world out there...

Have you made a Clashfinder in hope/despair yet? I think I have one, maybe two clashes should I get to the ball this year compared to a fuckload last year. Talk about twisting the knife in.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Have you made a Clashfinder in hope/despair yet? I think I have one, maybe two clashes should I get to the ball this year compared to a fuckload last year. Talk about twisting the knife in.

Thats the spirit. Going to check it out now. I WILL need the Clashfinder this year....

56 minutes ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

I asked yesterday if anyone had access to local papers to find any competitions (in case they are not online), but didn't get any responses. 

We were more concerned about the potential of ones attractiveness having a positive effect on the outcome of a supossedly random competition.

I've got a face like a bag of spanners so I'm fucked

1 hour ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

I asked yesterday if anyone had access to local papers to find any competitions (in case they are not online), but didn't get any responses. 

I haven't heard anything this year, but someone kindly posted me a paper last year. It was in definitely in May, as I won 2 tickets via this forum on 23 May! 

Cannot remember the name of the paper though :(

2 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Wow, how did you manage? That's brutal! I started listening to 'new' bands when the line-up was released and told myself that I shouldn't go further than that! :P

Then again, I only need five to ten minutes to fill in the clashfinder when I get my tickets. No problemo.

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

I haven't heard anything this year, but someone kindly posted me a paper last year. It was in definitely in May, as I won 2 tickets via this forum on 23 May! 

Cannot remember the name of the paper though :(

Probably Bath Chronically / Bristol Post group. Internet not helping me find a competition at the moment. Fear we need someone local to let us in on it if/when a competition is launched :(

40 minutes ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

Probably Bath Chronically / Bristol Post group. Internet not helping me find a competition at the moment. Fear we need someone local to let us in on it if/when a competition is launched :(

Found a comp from last year, which needed an answer (presumably the question was in the paper). Papers involved were Bath chronicle, Bristol post, Central Somerset gazette, Cheddar Valley journal, Gloucester citizen, Gloucestershire echo, Shepton Mallet journal, Wells journal, Western daily press & Western gazette.

Anyone local enough for any of these?

Edit: Shit the bed, these seem to be part of journalistic masterpiece Somerset Live.

Edited by Simsy

37 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Found a comp from last year, which needed an answer (presumably the question was in the paper). Papers involved were Bath chronicle, Bristol post, Central Somerset gazette, Cheddar Valley journal, Gloucester citizen, Gloucestershire echo, Shepton Mallet journal, Wells journal, Western daily press & Western gazette.

Edit: Shit the bed, these seem to be part of journalistic masterpiece Somerset Live.

Yep Somerset Live is essentially the online version of a collection of local papers. Somerset standard, Guardian etc

26 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Morning all. I won't say it has to be this week.. I bloody hope it is though!

Morning! It better be, still have to book a hotel and plane tickets as well! :P

I'm off to the Pinkpop festival today to see Gütterdammerung, Liam Gallagher, Prophets of Rage en System of a Down! Kings of Leon and Live are bonus. :) Won't be on this thread a lot, but I'll keep my eye on my phone!

1 minute ago, Robinn said:

Morning! It better be, still have to book a hotel and plane tickets as well! :P

I'm off to the Pinkpop festival today to see Gütterdammerung, Liam Gallagher, Prophets of Rage en System of a Down! Kings of Leon and Live are bonus. :) Won't be on this thread a lot, but I'll keep my eye on my phone!

Have fun 

8 hours ago, Simsy said:

I'm from these parts - I'll keep an eye out

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Simsy said:

Live just outside Bath. Bath Chronicle is our local paper. Do we think then it needed you to access the actual paper last year then?

4 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Live just outside Bath. Bath Chronicle is our local paper. Do we think then it needed you to access the actual paper last year then?

Didn't they have some sort of 'spot the ball' competition last year where you had to find something in one of the grids?