Secret resales 2015

Terence99

35 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

Hey all

We officially stepped down from the ticket search as of yesterday. We emailed to cancel our TF tent, and we're figuring out alternative plans while in the UK. This morning's flurry gave me momentary hope that sod's law was going to reward y'all for us quitting.

It honestly sucks. I've had "Get Glasto tickets" on my whiteboard since this time last year when we decided we were going. We put in every effort in every sale to get our tickets and didn't manage to do it. The bitter person within me is mad that so many people who clearly don't want it/have already been a million times got tickets, and we failed. The good person in me knows it's all a crapshoot, and there's nothing more we could have done.

So our search is over. For this year (and next) at least. I do worry life won't allow us another chance, but who knows - what will be will be. 

Thanks for all the entertainment and keeping me sane enough to keep the hope until now. You are all wonderful people, and the bitter me once again raises her ugly head to get mad that we don't all have tickets, and they do. But they don't have the knob jokes we have, and therefore we are all wealthy in our own way.

Much love and ongoing hopes for those remaining in the search. Koala out! x

For me, your red hot chilli pepper joke remains one of the best jokes I've read. Take care and enjoy the summer.

6 minutes ago, lobo said:

I think today will be the last day of big numbers checking. From tomorrow i reckon we'll be looking at the last few sticking it out, but those few will be staying to the very end im sure. 

I'll be here to the very end. Breaks my heart that I've ended up making my partner actually want to go. Originally, he agreed to try in the resale to do me a favour so I wouldn't be the spare wheel in a group of couples. But because I wouldn't let go and we all got the page checkers etc, we all thought we had a real good chance of getting him in with the unannounced sale so he started to get excited. All my fault. 

Can I go to the toilet now? Been holding for about an hour and a half just in case.

I still believe it could be any time this week. Past Friday and I think it is over. Tickets are only just going out so theres no reason they cant just add these to the list.

Perhaps the amount of tickets left for a resale is smaller than recent years (wouldnt surprise me seeing as the pretty universal approval of this years lineup), and hence they can leave it later as there are less logistics to deal with after they have sold.

Faith.

7 minutes ago, Charcolate said:

I'll be here to the very end. Breaks my heart that I've ended up making my partner actually want to go. Originally, he agreed to try in the resale to do me a favour so I wouldn't be the spare wheel in a group of couples. But because I wouldn't let go and we all got the page checkers etc, we all thought we had a real good chance of getting him in with the unannounced sale so he started to get excited. All my fault. 

Well i still think there is a chance. Others think its over but i don't feel like giving up yet so i'll also be around to the end. Its not your fault! Every year there has been a resale so no reason to have believed otherwise :)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, lobo said:

Well i still think there is a chance. Others think its over but i don't feel like giving up yet so i'll also be around to the end. Its not your fault! Every year there has been a resale so no reason to have believed otherwise :)

The latest one ever was the 18th May

2 minutes ago, Dibnah10893 said:

R u sure?  I think the 6th June was mentioned several hundred pages back.

Refund - Friday May 3rd
    Resale - Wednesday May 8th

Refund - Friday May 9th
    Resale - Wednesday May 14th - 2pm

Refund - Friday May 8th
    Resale - Monday May 18th - 3pm
    Lasted 13 mins approx

Refund - Friday May 6th
    Resale - Thursday May 12th - 3.45pm
    Lasted 2 mins approx

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dibnah10893 said:

Found it, but no date. Sure there was another post with a date.

In the past I think there have been at least 2 small "secret" resales. I know my friend got one a couple of weeks before in 2011. In 2010, my friend got one 2 weeks after the original sale completely by chance as See put a small number of tickets back on sale and announced on Twitter

1 minute ago, helsbellski said:

In the past I think there have been at least 2 small "secret" resales. I know my friend got one a couple of weeks before in 2011. In 2010, my friend got one 2 weeks after the original sale completely by chance as See put a small number of tickets back on sale and announced on Twitter

I got my friend a ticket in that 2010 secret resale.

1 minute ago, helsbellski said:

So, r we all here until at least the 7th June then?

This is pretty much as I remember it last year, the page you could prefill disappeared, like today, I want to say it did it the day before the sale for while too and came back but that might not be accurate. I've still not seen anything to convince me it isn't going to happen, it's just later, maybe because of last mondays events, maybe because there were too many people expecting it and they wanted it to be a bit more random 

2 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

This is pretty much as I remember it last year, the page you could prefill disappeared, like today, I want to say it did it the day before the sale for while too and came back but that might not be accurate. I've still not seen anything to convince me it isn't going to happen, it's just later, maybe because of last mondays events, maybe because there were too many people expecting it and they wanted it to be a bit more random 

I'm not sure why they'd care about people expecting it though? They'd just want them sold surely?

Maybe it'll get later, I know with other events some tickets go on sale the day before (that might be out of the question for Glastonbury for obvious reasons)

But making it later will surely mean a lot of people start to make other plans? Maybe! 

They'll sell any last minute tickets regardless of when they put them on sale I guess.

Just now, sheffieldlady said:

Maybe it'll get later, I know with other events some tickets go on sale the day before (that might be out of the question for Glastonbury for obvious reasons)

But making it later will surely mean a lot of people start to make other plans? Maybe! 

They'll sell any last minute tickets regardless of when they put them on sale I guess.

They will. Though the numbers may be lower as people have to make decisions to go elsewhere - they'd still get snapped up instantly if they were put on sale no matter when. The only issue for the festival I suspect is giving enough printing time. 

The reality is - theres a little while yet before its time to give up. Certainly all of this week and potentially much of the next.