Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, beefykoala said:

Hey all

We officially stepped down from the ticket search as of yesterday. We emailed to cancel our TF tent, and we're figuring out alternative plans while in the UK. This morning's flurry gave me momentary hope that sod's law was going to reward y'all for us quitting.

It honestly sucks. I've had "Get Glasto tickets" on my whiteboard since this time last year when we decided we were going. We put in every effort in every sale to get our tickets and didn't manage to do it. The bitter person within me is mad that so many people who clearly don't want it/have already been a million times got tickets, and we failed. The good person in me knows it's all a crapshoot, and there's nothing more we could have done.

So our search is over. For this year (and next) at least. I do worry life won't allow us another chance, but who knows - what will be will be. 

Thanks for all the entertainment and keeping me sane enough to keep the hope until now. You are all wonderful people, and the bitter me once again raises her ugly head to get mad that we don't all have tickets, and they do. But they don't have the knob jokes we have, and therefore we are all wealthy in our own way.

Much love and ongoing hopes for those remaining in the search. Koala out! x

Really sad to hear this. Thanks for all the times you've made me laugh out loud x

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

Hey all

We officially stepped down from the ticket search as of yesterday. We emailed to cancel our TF tent, and we're figuring out alternative plans while in the UK. This morning's flurry gave me momentary hope that sod's law was going to reward y'all for us quitting.

It honestly sucks. I've had "Get Glasto tickets" on my whiteboard since this time last year when we decided we were going. We put in every effort in every sale to get our tickets and didn't manage to do it. The bitter person within me is mad that so many people who clearly don't want it/have already been a million times got tickets, and we failed. The good person in me knows it's all a crapshoot, and there's nothing more we could have done.

So our search is over. For this year (and next) at least. I do worry life won't allow us another chance, but who knows - what will be will be. 

Thanks for all the entertainment and keeping me sane enough to keep the hope until now. You are all wonderful people, and the bitter me once again raises her ugly head to get mad that we don't all have tickets, and they do. But they don't have the knob jokes we have, and therefore we are all wealthy in our own way.

Its been wonderful hanging with you on the forum. You'll be on that fantastic farm one day. Don't you worry x

Thought this gif would have made a perfect sign off for you...

VVCtOGV.gif

Edited by lobo
  • Upvote 2

Just now, beefykoala said:

Hey all

Damn shame. Have a great time in the UK Knoxville Girl.

• Upvote 1

Hey all

16 months til ticket day for the next one, I hope you'll be joining us on another desperate ticket hunt then!

Everyone on here deserves to go, but it must be based on luck forever.

Thanks for being part of this horrendous/amazing thread!

Hey all

Ditto 

I get so frustrated that some get tickets every time , and I spend time squeezing every last ounce of hope into getting them , and if am lucky once every three years, which should mean that I get them 2019 . Hubbie 50 this year , would have been great gift. I am a Foos super fan, Love Royal Blood. Rag n Bone man. He is  Dead Kennedy mahoosive fan, chic are fab... the line up is perfect for us. And the rest is a massive bonus. Am gutted but think I need to move on,.... and live in a cave . Thanks for making the lurking a treat, and I honestly wish you all got tickets you are an amzing bunch of nutters xxxx 

3 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

Hey all

Sad news. You have been terrific company on this thread. 2019....make it happen!

8 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Shaking hands at 11.45am? You need more vodka on your cornflakes! :D

First time I went to Ibiza in'98 my mate had exactly that for breakfast every morning. Even drank the bowl like a 5yr old when he'd finished his cornflakes!

53 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

Favorite glasto moment in 1 sentence pls????

The look on CobysMummy's face when I proposed to her in the middle of the Pyramid Stage crowd was fairly memorable too...

Watching Metallica with CobysDaddysSon in CobysMummy's tummy...

Taking CobysDaddysSon to his first festival...

Too many!

This will be our ninth Glastonbury if we get tickets. It really is a massive part of our lives.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

Hey all

It's been a great ride, koala. Hope to see you back here for tickets in 2019!

7 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

Hey all

Thanks for the laughs, koala jokes and your company, it has been a long ride, not sure when I will bow out - not just yet though.

10 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

Hey all

Sad to hear this, it's been a fun couple of weeks! thanks for the crumpet tips and jokes! hope you have much fun with new ventures instead!

12 minutes ago, Rocketfrog1820 said:

Unfortunately I'm all out of vodka!!! ... and cornflakes.

In in that case may I suggest captain morgans and Weetabix.. ' A friend ' told me it's a fine combination... 

9 minutes ago, markian said:

First time I went to Ibiza in'98 my mate had exactly that for breakfast every morning. Even drank the bowl like a 5yr old when he'd finished his cornflakes!

Can't think of a better start to the day!

12 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

Hey all

We'll miss you. 

Have an amazing week over here though. 

1 minute ago, Rocketfrog1820 said:

Brilliant thanks! I'm not sure about it, but i'll give it a go and if I don't like it i'll just add less Weetabix next time.

I bet you could involve a white russian in cereal somehow... maybe on nesquik/coco pops or something... would prob be amazing if it was proper cold :)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rocketfrog1820 said:

Brilliant thanks! I'm not sure about it, but i'll give it a go and if I don't like it i'll just add less Weetabix next time.

He did say go easy on the solids

35 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

Hey all

:sorry: