Secret resales 2015

Terence99

9 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

Someone call the men in white jackets....

Lol , ill family member ,doctors said she might not last long so we cancelled our tickets , but she is on the mend now but still not too great , and other family members told us after we cancelled our tickets , that they would of come to our house and stayed with her while we was at Glastonbury, at the time I was gutted when they told us that 

4 minutes ago, frizzydizzymizzy said:

This is how I feel, generally never watch the headliners. Nothing wrong with a bit of Keith and Orville, I saw them when I was about 8!

I assume you were given free tickets!!?

5 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Why the hell didn't I start going to Glasto at an earlier age??!! Idiot!

My mate kept asking me to go from the mid 80s but I always said no until 1994 when I 1st went and I was hooked , but over the last few years , I ain't been that bothered if I don't get a ticket , as I just go abroad if I didn't get 1 , and I still have a great time 

Just now, PetePie said:

My mate kept asking me to go from the mid 80s but I always said no until 1994 when I 1st went and I was hooked , but over the last few years , I ain't been that bothered if I don't get a ticket , as I just go abroad if I didn't get 1 , and I still have a great time 

Myself and a couple of mates talked about it for 10 years but it wasn't till 2015 that we got our arses in gear . We all had 'big birthdays' in 2016 so finally sorted ourselves out and got to Pilton.

2 minutes ago, gibble said:

First went at 17 and am 36 now.

Out tent got waterlogged and I got trenchfoot at my first. Have learnt how to survive it better since :P

My friend got trench foot at his first. Walking round in wellies with no socks, third day his feet looked like a lump of coral. He survived. That was also the year someone made us super noodles with tequila thinking it was water that was a bit rank. Hands down the worst breakfast i ever had.

12 minutes ago, lobo said:

Brave at 16! i wouldnt have been up for such a massive festival at that age. Noticed loads of teen spend alot of time round the tents. Explore the site much yourself then?

It was a different fest all together then mate, pre super fence. Today's fest is more like a woman's institute tea party in comparison. (Stolen from sawdusty) but it's true 

Just now, Michaels denim shorts said:

It was a different fest all together then mate, pre super fence. Today's fest is more like a woman's institute tea party in comparison. (Stolen from sawdusty) but it's true 

Hahahaha, i bet. Ahhh pre super fence. Ive only ever known super fence so i imagine things used to be very different.

15 minutes ago, lobo said:

Brave at 16! i wouldnt have been up for such a massive festival at that age. Noticed loads of teen spend alot of time round the tents. Explore the site much yourself then?

I grew up with people who went during the chaotic fence-jumping 90's and the stories of being stripped searched, mugged or of portaloos being set on fire used to terrify me when I was younger. Now it seems like a tranquil oasis in comparison and I can't deny that a part of me wishes I could rewind and tell my wimpy teen self to go experience Glastonbury in it's rawer form.

I bet it was pretty lawless in those days. Not sure I'd fancy that to be honest. My lad has his sleeping bags and mattress stolen, bought a whole new set, and returned the next night to find that had been stolen too. The good old days always sound better than they were if you ask me

7 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Myself and a couple of mates talked about it for 10 years but it wasn't till 2015 that we got our arses in gear . We all had 'big birthdays' in 2016 so finally sorted ourselves out and got to Pilton.

For me what always put me off was every year it was on ,it was always on the news ,that something bad happened so I always said no because of that , but when I 1st went I loved it