Secret resales 2015

Terence99

8 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

We seem to have randomly refreshed onto a version that no one else's page checkers could see or surely everyone would have had alerts & seen a new button 

How do we refresh onto the page that sells tickets? 

If someone could just work that out?

Cheers:D

5 minutes ago, MJ88 said:

I'm pretty sure I saw some performers do this in a documentary, in an attempt to get more money from him. He may have told them to f*** off so be prepared for that too. 

That was Roy Gurvitz (Lost Vagueness founder) in the Julian Temple documentary iirc.

25 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

I don't like scary thoughts, it was better last year when it was pinging away all day and then suddenly there they were! At least everybody was on their toes. If there is no warning I'll probably be asleep!:(

*makes sure phone is turned up max volume!

I honestly don't know how you're managing to keep going, night shift then this all day. Hope it's not for too much longer.

40 minutes ago, lobo said:

Anyone seen any of the acts on the Dot to Dot lineup? Looking for reccommmendations...

http://www.dottodotfestival.co.uk/lineup

Sundara Karma and Amber Run are both good, saw SK supporting Two Door Cinema Club, and AR just randomly came up on Spoitify once and I quite liked them :)

1 minute ago, Babylon sister said:

I honestly don't know how you're managing to keep going, night shift then this all day. Hope it's not for too much longer.

It's not too bad to be honest,:) I really can't see the point in sitting refreshing all day when you have a page checker running so I usually sleep around 2-30pm UK time but have my phone by my pillow and my tablet refreshing the main page. My thinking is that when the ping wakes me up the button should already be on screen!

And I only have 25 more night shifts to go!:)

19 minutes ago, lobo said:

So far i can't decide between the growlers and sundra karma for the last band of the day. Gutted they're clashing. Get the feeling the growlers will sound better live. 

Wanted to catch All we are but they also clash! 

Thanks for the recommendations!

No worries man. Could see if either one of them are touring in a place near you and see them another time?

21 minutes ago, MJ88 said:

I'm pretty sure I saw some performers do this in a documentary, in an attempt to get more money from him. He may have told them to f*** off so be prepared for that too. 

I don't think I'd want to live anymore if Michael Eavis told me to f*ck off !

Hi All,

Now I know this won't make up for the fact you're still trying for glasto tickets but I have 2 weekend tickets for the Sound City festival in Liverpool this weekend (won them but can't go)

It would be a massive waste if they weren't used so if any of you folk are based in Liverpool or nearby and would like to go let me know and I will forward the email I received with how to obtain them. From the email I received it doesn't look like I have to go so all should be fine.

First come first served and I'm not expecting any money for them however following the events of this week it would a lovely gesture if you could donate towards any of the victims charities set up for the atrocity in Manchester.

Cheers

Joe

• Upvote 29

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Hi All,

Now I know this won't make up for the fact you're still trying for glasto tickets but I have 2 weekend tickets for the Sound City festival in Liverpool this weekend (won them but can't go)

It would be a massive waste if they weren't used so if any of you folk are based in Liverpool or nearby and would like to go let me know and I will forward the email I received with how to obtain them. From the email I received it doesn't look like I have to go so all should be fine.

First come first served and I'm not expecting any money for them however following the events of this week it would a lovely gesture if you could donate towards any of the victims charities set up for the atrocity in Manchester.

Cheers

Joe

Superb offer - I really hope someone here can use them

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Hi All,

Cheers

Joe

That's a great gesture. Really good line-up there too for anyone that's about in that area..

16 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Hi All,

Cheers

Joe

Hi Joe, 

I live in Liverpool and would love the opportunity to go with my girlfriend. If I could take them off your hands that would be brilliant!

Edited by Raincatcher

If anyone has any Kendal Calling tix at a good price I'll snap your hand off?

My mates are working Glastonbury through Festaff and have to do a sister festival - Kendal Calling.  The tix are sold out so not I have the problem that a) I cant go to glasto, and B ) I can't be with them at kendal

Boo Hooo

2 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

My mates are working Glastonbury through Festaff and have to do a sister festival - Kendal Calling.  The tix are sold out so not I have the problem that a) I cant go to glasto, and B ) I can't be with them at kendal

Boo Hooo

http://kendalcalling.twickets.co.uk/

Not there now but some will appear.

Also try Skiddle.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

1 minute ago, Shiftyp9 said:

Boo Hooo

There is usually a re-sale for Kendal, and you can get them off gumtree / facebook /  ebay , the week before for face value easily enough. That's what I did last year. 

1 hour ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

This is the bottom line.

The people responding to resale questions know fuck all. They are paid to get things processed and shut the call down as soon as possible. Unless they've been given specific instructions they will trot out a standard response to the same old question whatever the event is.

Trying to work out the nuances of a response is a singularly pointless exercise (though it is entertaining). Still convinced there will be a limited number of tickets that will appear and then be snapped up. Best chance to get them is to stay tuned in here and have the page checkers working.

If I ever get tickets, I'm buying you a cider!

If I don't, I won't. Sorry. :P

12 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Hi All,

Cheers

Joe

No upvotes left unfortunately but JoeyT you get my Fella of the day award!

IMG_1249.JPG

5 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

Boo Hooo

My mates went last year and I'm sure there were some going on Twickets a few days before the festival.

5 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

Boo Hooo

Mate, Kendal is my local festival but as I work away I never know whether I'm going to be home for it or not so I never buy tickets in the sale. As above though there are always loads about nearer the time and you shouldn't have to pay much above face value.

9 minutes ago, Raincatcher said:

Hi Joe, 

I live in Liverpool and would love the opportunity to go with my girlfriend. If I could take them of your hands that would be brilliant!

They're yours my friend. If you pm me your email address then I'll forward you the email. 

As I said if you could donate some money to one of the charities I'd appreciate it.

Enjoy your weekend!

• Upvote 2

Just now, JoeyT said:

They're yours my friend. If you pm me your email address then I'll forward you the email. 

As I said if you could donate some money to one of the charities I'd appreciate it.

Enjoy your weekend!

Of course, will find one and and donate, will post back here to let you know.