Secret resales 2015

Terence99

I have had to contact See as my CV pass wasn't included with my ticket. As i had MW engaged in conversation I asked the question we all want to know.....

"I'm afraid all tickets are sold out for this festival. Sorry! MW"

Apologies for lack of screenshot, if someone talks me through how, I will gladly do it.

As someone who has helped others in flash resales since 2011 it really is becoming to look doubtful.   

im still pondering how its possible for a new button to appear on the main page for me, and one other guy, last night, at different times & trip the main page monitor but seems to have not been seen by anyone else, that makes no sense unless they were showing us a different version of the page than everyone else for a short time

I still don't believe they haven't had any tickets refunded back. Even if it was just 10 tickets it would be 10 tickets that people on here may be able to get hold of and at least put us all out of this waiting misery. We could then get on with our lives and go outside. I know we are all choosing to be here but we are only here because See have said there aren't any in the past and there always has been!

Guys, customer services are not going to know whether there is to be a resale or not. Only the account manager or equivalent will know if there are more tickets to sell. Unless anyone can find and ask that individual or their team, all you get from customer services is going to be that its sold out because that is all they know.

Just emailed SEE the following : 

Hello

I am sure that you have been inundated but I would be grateful if you could provide a definitive answer that ALL tickets have now been sold.There are people that are hoping that there may still be a sale.I know that these things are not official but if there definitely wont be a general admission resale , could something be put out to that affect. I am sure that this would help people out no end thank you in advance

they need to end this for us , one way or another !!! 

4 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Guys, customer services are not going to know whether there is to be a resale or not. Only the account manager or equivalent will know if there are more tickets to sell. Unless anyone can find and ask that individual or their team, all you get from customer services is going to be that its sold out because that is all they know.

1 minute ago, zozziebywater said:

Hello

I am sure that you have been inundated but I would be grateful if you could provide a definitive answer that ALL tickets have now been sold.There are people that are hoping that there may still be a sale.I know that these things are not official but if there definitely wont be a general admission resale , could something be put out to that affect. I am sure that this would help people out no end thank you in advance

:banghead:

9 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

im still pondering how its possible for a new button to appear on the main page for me, and one other guy, last night, at different times & trip the main page monitor but seems to have not been seen by anyone else, that makes no sense unless they were showing us a different version of the page than everyone else for a short time

:wacko: - I missed this. Checkpage didn't ping, did it?

2 minutes ago, zozziebywater said:

Hello

If I knew someone would e-mail something like this I wouldn't have bothered to write a more subtle and naive e-mail...

I contacted SeeTickets yesterday with regards to whether they have made any changes to their refund policy in light of the awful tragedy in Manchester. I was mainly just inquisitive as I have seen a lot of people commenting on facebook that they are considering not going to Glastonbury due to fear of another attack. 

SeeTickets informed me that the deadline for refunds has passed and that there was no budging on this. Was sort of hoping that they were allowing more people to get their tickets refunded (albeit quietly!) - hence more time taken to process everything and more tickets in the pot for everyone, but alas no joy :( 

I appreciate this is information that everyone is already aware of but as I was sick of just staring at my computer all day yesterday thought it wouldn't hurt to ask them! 

I'm still trying to get tickets for 4 friends who were unlucky in the resale but one of them has said today is their final deadline as they can't bear to be in the country and not be at Glastonbury, so want to book a holiday abroad - praying the Glasto Gods shine on us today! 

I'm staying positive :) 

Edited by charliec45

1 minute ago, gibble said:

:wacko: - I missed this. Checkpage didn't ping, did it?

No one else saw it, it would seem? 

About 9pm last night C4C went off, and there was a language selector button above the pink boxes on the main page. 

another guy ^ shortly after me said he had the same thing happen earlier in the day for him 

13 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Some sites have software which allows them to serve different pages to different people randomly. It's used for A/B testing - so I serve one version of the front page to 50% of people and a different version to the other 50% and see which ones click through more.

So technically it's viable, not sure of the why in this case though.

Just now, DeanoL said:

Some sites have software which allows them to serve different pages to different people randomly. It's used for A/B testing - so I serve one version of the front page to 50% of people and a different version to the other 50% and see which ones click through more.

Well we know they use load balancers and have a shit load of people refreshing so it's not impossible 

6 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

This is the bottom line.

The people responding to resale questions know fuck all. They are paid to get things processed and shut the call down as soon as possible. Unless they've been given specific instructions they will trot out a standard response to the same old question whatever the event is.

Trying to work out the nuances of a response is a singularly pointless exercise (though it is entertaining). Still convinced there will be a limited number of tickets that will appear and then be snapped up. Best chance to get them is to stay tuned in here and have the page checkers working.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

3 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Well we know they use load balancers and have a shit load of people refreshing so it's not impossible 

IMG_1237.JPG

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

How can you not understand this :D

Glossary

A load balancer is a device that acts as a reverse proxy and distributes network or application traffic across a number of 

what is a load balancer

servers. Load balancers are used to increase capacity (concurrent users) and reliability of applications. They improve the overall performance of applications by decreasing the burden on servers associated with managing and maintaining application and network sessions, as well as by performing application-specific tasks.

Load balancers are generally grouped into two categories: Layer 4 and Layer 7. Layer 4 load balancers act upon data found in network and transport layer protocols (IP, TCP, FTP, UDP). Layer 7 load balancers distribute requests based upon data found in application layer protocols such as HTTP.

Requests are received by both types of load balancers and they are distributed to a particular server based on a configured algorithm. Some industry standard algorithms are:

• Round robin
  • Weighted round robin
  • Least connections
  • Least response time

Layer 7 load balancers can further distribute requests based on application specific data such as HTTP headers, cookies, or data within the application message itself, such as the value of a specific parameter.

Load balancers ensure reliability and availability by monitoring the "health" of applications and only sending requests to servers and applications that can respond in a timely manner.

To learn more on load balancing, visit DevCentral.

Re. The EE comp (which you've rightly noted was badly organised, with a misleading/inaccurate article linked to the competition)...
I'm pretty certain there must have been >113 people entering. I would guess that others entered simply by tweeting him (which the ts and cs permitted) rather than replying to the other tweet. I'd love to (and my heart still does) believe that there were only 113-odd entries (and neither nor eFestivals retweeted it, which would reduce entries), but nonetheless that seems a very, very small number of entries.