Secret resales 2015

Terence99

5 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

I don't think the events of last night will result in a cancelled scheduled sale tbh,  I would have thought the process would have been arranged well in advance and some of the people working today won't have known until this morning 

I also think it's about time See put some kind of notice up stating if there is no-resale regardless of previous years . People are wasting precious time if it's not going to happen , time that no one can afford to waste .

If they were to offer tickets for sale after an announcement then they are behaving in a very detrimental manner 

All See have done so far is deny it though haven't they? I'm not sure what else they can do regardless of if there is a resale or not.

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

The have much bigger things to be concerned with I think - and if the 'best' a paper can do is moan at people carrying on and not letting terrorism stop 'our way of life' then that paper is not worthy of mention.

Fully agree with that spin on it too - and it's definitely my preferred attitude for the festival to take.  Even if they were fearful of media backlash there's hardly any slow news days at the moment (what with all this IRA activity) so they'd probably not be picked on.

4 minutes ago, CatMitt said:

I am loving the optimism, good luck to you!

Thanks! Its only a coach from bristol so luckily it didnt break the bank, just made me feel like its happening a bit more. Good luck to you too!

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

and if the 'best' a paper can do is moan at people carrying on and not letting terrorism stop 'our way of life' then that paper is not worthy of mention.

Somerset Live is probably working on it as we speak :P 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

All See have done so far is deny it though haven't they? I'm not sure what else they can do regardless of if there is a resale or not.

Yesterday someone asked Seetickets on twitter whether there would be a secret resale and they told him/her that nothing has been confirmed, but that he/she had to keep checking the Glasto site for updates. A step in the right direction, I'd say :)

1 minute ago, Robinn said:

Yesterday someone asked Seetickets on twitter whether there would be a secret resale and they told him/her that nothing has been confirmed, but that he/she had to keep checking the Glasto site for updates. A step in the right direction, I'd say :)

Are you serious? Have they actually stated something different to last week now? If so amazing news!

Edited by lobo

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yes I agree but I do think they keep people hanging on to reduce vast numbers.

Due to current circumstances they could make an official statement only if there were no more tickets for sale and have been absorbed

13 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

I also think it's about time See put some kind of notice up stating if there is no-resale regardless of previous years . People are wasting precious time if it's not going to happen , time that no one can afford to waste .

I don't want to be argumentative and this isn't a dig but why would they do this? See have already stated that there will be no more tickets sold. Everybody is free to take that information and make of it what they will.

People are on here because they want to be at the end of the day but ultimately it is up to them.

Edited by MilkyJoe
  • Upvote 1

Just now, MilkyJoe said:

I don't want to be argumentative and this isn't a dig but why would they do this? See have already stated that there will be no more tickets sold. Everybody is free to take that information and make of it what they will.

People are on her because they want to be at the end of the day but ultimately it is up to them.

Totally understand your comment, but emotions are different today, and in past years they have said the same .

You are right it's everyones choice to be here , but for a lost cause isn't in the spirit of things today 

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

People are on her because they want to be at the end of the day but ultimately it is up to them.

Indeed - any statement from See is utterly pointless. People are going to read it how they want, and if they're still hoping to secure tickets then they're not going to believe it (especially as See have cried wolf on this topic in past years).

In much the same way that people asking See on twitter / email / phone calls is kind of pointless.. It's fairly safe to say that the people who are answering your query are not the ones who'll be in the loop regarding this - so they'll just be relaying a generic, safe answer without thinking about the wording nearly as much as the people reading it will be.

4 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

Totally understand your comment, but emotions are different today, and in past years they have said the same .

You are right it's everyones choice to be here , but for a lost cause isn't in the spirit of things today 

Yep I understand what you're saying but over 100 people viewing this thread don't see it as a lost cause! See have no need to deny a secret resale as they already have as is their MO. People still believe one will happen.

Just now, MilkyJoe said:

Yep I understand what you're saying but over 100 people viewing this thread don't see it as a lost cause! See have no need to deny a secret resale as they already have as is their MO. People still believe one will happen.

I'm only saying a lost cause if there was zero percent of one happening . A bit of mutual respect for the diehards still trying.... perhaps I do look at things with rose tinted specs 

1 minute ago, frizzydizzymizzy said:

I think my sister has given up hope of getting a ticket but I'm still here for her just in case. I feel like I've been with you guys through too many palpitations and knob jokes, just to quit now! I genuinely hope the most determined here will be there!

and pigs, turkeys and Koalas :rofl:

6 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Found it!

Thanks for sharing, and great info - but bugger-it, asking see publicly on twitter is sooo much worse than calling them and badgering them.  It's like they haven't listened to a word we've said

15 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Even though its only a small resale, it just wouldnt look good for Glasto to go ahead with business as usual. They need to be seen as considerate to the event. Thats my take on it...but what do i know!

Plenty of venues around my hometown (Manchester) tweeting they're open for business as usual tonight as we will not let them win. And quite rightly so.

• Upvote 6

I have been here for over 2 weeks trying for tickets for 2 people (I have mine) and shall be here until 5pm tonight. Tomorrow will be spent getting ready for BT so for me it`s either today or not at all. From the comments made by Neil (efests) he seems to think it`s today or not at all. keep the faith :)