Secret resales 2015

Terence99

on the night of the westminster attack, my band were on our way to play a show in london. it was the weirdest atmosphere, like the crowd were sucking all the energy out of us, really very odd. a lot of people who said they'd be there didn't make it as they didn't want to leave their homes. it reminded me a bit of seeing the flaming lips at the roundhouse just after that tornado hit their hometown, which was a very numb strange gig... heavy heavy vibes.

glastonbury has been my sanctuary from the normal world since I first went in 09, I just can't imagine how it'll feel if I don't get tickets, like I'm not invited to my own birthday party or something...

Edited by actionstations

My friend won a competition and put my name down as a guest, so amazingly I believe I am now going Glasto! Problem is, I still need a ticket for my fiance. I got engaged at the festival last year so it's going to be sad if we can't both go together. If anyone has a spare space (long shot) I would love you to help her out! 

2 minutes ago, JackG1 said:

My friend won a competition and put my name down as a guest, so amazingly I believe I am now going Glasto! Problem is, I still need a ticket for my fiance. I got engaged at the festival last year so it's going to be sad if we can't both go together. If anyone has a spare space (long shot) I would love you to help her out! 

Congrats, that's great news! :) 

• Upvote 1

Very surreal in Manchester today. A mix of stunned silence and solidarity.  

Unrelated to last night's events, I'm off to visit my Mum in hospital this afternoon.  Has anyone got room for one on their list from midday onwards?  

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/susanna-reid-breaks-down-tears-13076901

I'm not even a parent but I started tearing up watching this. Such a shame. I can't imagine what would be going through your mind if you were parent or the heartache of not being able to contact them.

Edited by Renfield

36 minutes ago, JackG1 said:

ooh what comp was it, well done!

55 minutes ago, JackG1 said:

Congratulations! Was it the wateraid competition?:)

57 minutes ago, JackG1 said:

I like that you appear not to be considering missing it for your fiancée. Priorities after all, and if she's a good-un she'll understand.

Really hope that you manage to get the second ticket for her. Best of luck.

UK

• Upvote 2

After the news it puts everything into perspective.. not understanding how/what could target what was a predominantly young teen based event or parents with young children.

Give the perpetrators to me I have some very hungry pigs here and I can deal with the teeth they leave behind , and not lose any sleep...in fact I'll sleep a lot better than last night watching such tragic events unfold 

To all those pieces of shite out there , you will not break our spirit, you will not weaken our resolve and you certainly wont stop us attending concerts, festivals, or any other populated gathering . So stick your suicide vest up your bum and take as many of you bottom feeders with you.... edit bottom feeders are too good to be a description of pure evil 

See...lets get this show on the road, today more than any other... life is too precious to waste on the threat of evil because they will never win

• Upvote 4

I have already commented about last night. For a moment I did feel like giving up. My daughter has tickets to see Shawn Mendes next week and my immediate thought was she shouldn't go, but no. Life goes on and music is a part of our lives. So, I have done some digging about tickets. There appears to be something amiss.

I don't know if any of you are monitoring other Glasto Threads, but the one called "Tickets Despatched" has a post on it that See had tweeted that some people will get tickets a week before Glasto. Nobody seems to have received any tickets yet.  "The ticket information on the Glasto website says that tickets will be received at least 14 days before the event. Howeverrrrrr.....I saw a tweet from See on Monday which said they expect everyone to have received them 7 days before. Something's up."

2 minutes ago, JatTay said:

I have already commented about last night. For a moment I did feel like giving up. My daughter has tickets to see Shawn Mendes next week and my immediate thought was she shouldn't go, but no. Life goes on and music is a part of our lives. So, I have done some digging about tickets. There appears to be something amiss.

I don't know if any of you are monitoring other Glasto Threads, but the one called "Tickets Despatched" has a post on it that See had tweeted that some people will get tickets a week before Glasto. Nobody seems to have received any tickets yet.  "The ticket information on the Glasto website says that tickets will be received at least 14 days before the event. Howeverrrrrr.....I saw a tweet from See on Monday which said they expect everyone to have received them 7 days before. Something's up."

I agree, no one having received tickets yet does seem unusual to me, I had received my ticket by this time last year ...

100% agree with the sentiments that we should pay our respects to the victims but keep going on about our lives normally. If we let their disgusting, mindless, murderous idiocy affect us we are playing into their hands.

Keep rocking in the free world. They hate that.