Secret resales 2015

Terence99

7 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

I don't think I've ever been out of down votes before :lol:

Scott44 my advice to you, and it is very sound advice; "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

I shall second that!  

And I too am all out of votes!! :D

6 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Anyway back on topic and I have just emailed Glastonbury themselves and the reply said "There will be no further tickets available"

Make of that what you will ;)

Have see said anything? Last year they were saying that it's sold out but to keep an eye on the page 

17 minutes ago, Bb-dog said:

The people who acted like him, are the people who just know no other way to fit in to society.

I guess we all have our own idea of where the start and the finish of the autism spectrum should be, but the bloke was, to my eyes, unecessarily malicious. His argument could have been technically correct ( in that fractions of a second wasted on a post to cheer others up on here, may have cost them a ticket) up to a point. However, to sign off with telling people they're jealous because they'll have to watch it on tv, while he gets to see it ' in the flesh', does, to my mind, smack off too much nastiness for one suffering from autism. 

As Michaels denim shorts says, best ignored. 

2 hours ago, scott44 said:

3. I am NOT saying people are not determined. I am just saying SOME people seem to be more interested in posting comments 8 hours a day then actually trying to get tickets.

I can't be arsed to go back reading the rest of what you might have posted, but it wouldn't matter if someone has posted one comment on here, or 200 a day - if the tickets aren't on general sale (which they haven't been), then you can't buy one.

Fair enough if you can blag one by some other means, or have the money to buy some of the hospitality ones not everyone can. Working it isn't for me considering the arrangements of who I go with, it's not practical.

There was someone on here who's been to the last 20 something Glastonburys that hasn't got a ticket, I've been the last 11 without missing one, several others on here a similar number times. I suppose at some point you might miss out such is the demand. It's definitely not for the lack of trying though - as can be seen that we're still here, with some people abroad even living as UK time for the last couple of weeks for the slim chance of buying a ticket.

14 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Thanks for this. Another bite of the cherry!:)

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I guess we all have our own idea of where the start and the finish of the autism spectrum should be, but the bloke was, to my eyes, unecessarily malicious. His argument could have been technically correct ( in that fractions of a second wasted on a post to cheer others up on here, may have cost them a ticket) up to a point. However, to sign off with telling people they're jealous because they'll have to watch it on tv, while he gets to see it ' in the flesh', does, to my mind, smack off too much nastiness for one suffering from autism. 

As Michaels denim shorts says, best ignored. 

Yog, I know you to be a considerate, generous and thoughtful man but please don't associate that idiot's comments with autism.  I know you were replying to someone else's comment.

I work with people with autism and have become a better person because of it. The high moral standards (not of the socially-defined "don't do drugs kids" sort much more the "treat each other with respect" sort), the kindness and lack of judgementalism I get from the people I work with constantly brings me up short and makes me realise just how flawed my thinking has been.

The idiot appears, to me at least, to be seeking attention that  is missing from his real life (quite understandably if his input into this thread is typical of him)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, scott44 said:

I haven't meant to upset anyone. Also I did not mean to upset any litter pickers. I just questioned why anyone would want to effectively double as a bin man for the weekend.

I don't understand why you want to double as a c**t, but for some reason you've chosen your path. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, scott44 said:

I have put lots of effort in this year. OK I get 2 press tickets but I have also secured tickets the traditional way in October and also in the re-sale for others I am going with. How? By trying hard! 

Why couldn't those friends of yours manage to get tickets on their own? Were they not trying hard enough? Or were they just unlucky?

Have you got through every year, or some years have they got through themselves while you never saw a page?

You're not trying harder than anyone else here mate. You've just got lucky. Which is why it's sort of bad form to come here and lord it over people who haven't been as lucky.

5 hours ago, scott44 said:

I haven't meant to upset anyone. Also I did not mean to upset any litter pickers. I just questioned why anyone would want to effectively double as a bin man for the weekend.

I don't understand why anyone would want to work the festival either. But you are. You're a music journo. In my mind you're literally exactly the same as the litter pickers - you're working for your ticket. And why would anyone want to work on holiday? 

1 hour ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Not sure you read my quote earlier mate. You attending the fest this year? I'd like to get a yoghurt a beer 

My apologies Michaels denim shorts. I meant to respond to your question a while ago, but events in the house went a bit mad. It was demanded by my wife that I get off the computer and come downstairs to enjoy the evening with her mate (female) and one of our mutual mates (gay male). Anyway, her female friend is down in the dumps because of several deaths going on around her. Normally she's very gregarious. Anyway, I was thinking this and wanting to get her out of the doldrums, when out of my mouth came words which sounded very much like I was flirting with her. The words were never meant to be taken literally, but I failed to inform them of actually was going through my minds eye at the time of speaking. So, with my wife upstairs doing something, I managed to come on (but not actually really) to her mate in front of my wife and my gay mate. To say there was a pregnant pause is an understatement. 

Anyway, I think you'll agree that the above is good enough reason for accidentally forgetting to respond to your question. In answer to it now, I can happily say that yes I am going to the festival this year, yes you can buy yoghurt a beer, but only on the condition that he can buy you one back. I'll take that as a deal, and see you at the efests meet up. :)

57 minutes ago, mandolin said:

Yog, I know you to be a considerate, generous and thoughtful man but please don't associate that idiot's comments with autism.  I know you were replying to someone else's comment.

I work with people with autism and have become a better person because of it. The high moral standards (not of the socially-defined "don't do drugs kids" sort much more the "treat each other with respect" sort), the kindness and lack of judgementalism I get from the people I work with constantly brings me up short and makes me realise just how flawed my thinking has been.

The idiot appears, to me at least, to be seeking attention that  is missing from his real life (quite understandably if his input into this thread is typical of him)

Hello mandolin,

I hear what you are saying, but was actually saying that the bloke was, in my opinion, no where near autistic. I'd be happy to be corrected by him, but can only really see malice in his posts. That he is malicious rings out loud to me that he is, deep down, and compared to most on here, and in everyday other life, very unhappy. I do feel a certain sorrow for him in this respect. Maybe I should extend that partial, and possibly temporary, feeling of goodwill towards him by not calling him names. Time may tell.

Anyway, I wish you and your husband all the very best for the festival. If you are going to the efests meet up, then I'll see you both there. :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Good spot CB. Youre a star

19 minutes ago, Becki7000 said:

Overview of my night shift... 2 @siblin pings leading to not a lot. Now, no resale before 10am please as I need some sleep.

Assume we're all practically giving up until Monday now anyway?

Yep, I've on night shift for the last 4 weeks. Those two Siblin pings come in every morning around 3:15am. Must be some automated back up going on or something.

While it's extremely unlikely anything will happen over the weekend, I'd still keep your phone / laptop by your bed if you're sleeping. This resale is obviously not playing by the rules...

Morning all - rudely awakened by work just after 06:00 as "on call" now sat dialled into work but also giving the site a ping - Nadda. Looks like I'll be dialled in all morning so at least I have an excuse for pc to be on and me sat at it.

First post in this thread (been reading all week from work). Thanks cb4747 for another line of hope. Getting desperate and despondent now. :sorry: This is looking like second year in a row of not getting tickets.. Thanks for the entertainment guys. :rofl:

16 minutes ago, scott44 said:

I just need to think of what I can do to increase my up votes as I seem to have annoyed one or two people.

Try being a bit nice rather than posting frictional, inflammatory comments; imagine you're at Glastonbury right now where everyone is nice to everyone for 5 days. Go on, try it, you'll be amazed at the sense of well being you get by being nice to others. After practicing for a short while it'll become second nature and you'll be a nicer person for it.