Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

Festival No6 is quite nice. A bit on the small side but it's in a lovely location with a beach & woodland. 

Ooh that one had slipped my mind. Have friends who've been and they loved it, thanks!

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

We are doing BD for the first time this year - heard nothing but good stuff about it :)

EOTR - a friend went last year and loved it. It is like Larmer Tree (held in same place) only more like a grass roots festival and less 'middle class'

Thankyou! Even if we do get Glasto tickets we might try and squeeze BD in too ;)

Yeah, you take for granted how nice it is to be able to just sit on the floor when youre tired. Opposite problem in 2015 when the sun was scolding, started realising Glastonbury has very little shade to offer. Still, id put up with a cocktail of the worst weather possible to be attending this year.

14 minutes ago, helsbellski said:

So, if the worst comes to the worst and I don't get tickets (SOB) for this year, which other festivals would other people recommend? I was thinking about either Beautiful Days or End of the Road...

Have done both for the past couple of years. Both are great. BD is bigger and i'd say a little bit more diverse musically. They tend to book acts from across the years too, and there are some real gems this year. Last year James and Leftfield were brilliant, but Gentlemans Dub club and Afroceltic Sound system where top. No sponsorship anywhere, which tells you its a festival run by people who love festivals (Levellers obviously)

EoR is more indie. With the exception of a couple they're all new to me this year. EoR has probably the best food I've ever seen at a festival too, plus there's a really good late night area with lots of effort going into the site. Savages where off the scale in terms of a performance. Comedy was top class too, although this year they had some rubbish queuing system that really spoilt it. Lots of complains so hopefully they wont repeat that.

Both are set in beautiful parts of the West Country.

If I had to choose I'd probably go BD, but I don't so am doing both again!

Edited by smudger

5 minutes ago, lobo said:

Yeah, you take for granted how nice it is to be able to just sit on the floor when youre tired. Opposite problem in 2015 when the sun was scolding, started realising Glastonbury has very little shade to offer. Still, id put up with a cocktail of the worst weather possible to be attending this year.

Very true.  Can remember trying to get shade underneath the flags but having to move every few minutes when the sun shifted.

4 minutes ago, helsbellski said:

Thankyou! EoTR is literally 30 minutes away from our house in Dorset so I'm very tempted. But Beautiful Days just looks really fun!

Beautiful Days is the more lively of the two I did festivals 2 to 9 and loved it. The back end of August is busy for me now so I can't normally make it. The atmosphere is excellent, it has the Bimble Inn and the Tiny Tea Tent if you want some familiar Glastonbury faces too.

End of the Road musically a little more reserved and subtle. Very relaxed atmosphere, lovely grounds. I think you would enjoy either.

1 minute ago, basicminds said:

As a back up some friends are suggesting festival number 6...anyone been? Not that I have given up but have a very risky car drive now! 

I've only been once (day ticket) and had good weather (can't guarantee the sun in September) 

I really do feel for you ticketless ones - I have tickets and am trying for someone else (who I have never met!!) but this is doing my head in.

Tried last year in the 'secrets' for another person too with no luck.

I really think if ever we are ticketless at this point we shall book something else rather than go through this despite how lovely this little community is.

Come on GF and SEE - just settle it one way or another PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Edited by Nobody Interesting

3 minutes ago, lobo said:

Oh definitely. I've had some of the worst sunburn of my life there. And I'd put up with any weather to be there this year!

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

I really do feel for you ticketless ones - I have tickets and am trying for someone else (who I have never met!!) but this is doing my head in.

I really think if ever we are ticketless at this point we shall book something else rather than go through this despite how lovely this little community is.

Come on GS and SEE - just settle it one way or another PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Ditto! I'd be up for doing a second festival! 

3 minutes ago, smudger said:

Have done both for the past couple of years. Both are great. BD is bigger and i'd say a little bit more diverse musically. They tend to book acts from across the years too, and there are some real gems this year. Last year James and Leftfield were brilliant, but Gentlemans Dub club and Afroceltic Sound system where top. No sponsorship anywhere, which tells you its a festival run by people who love festivals (Levellers obviously)

EoR is more indie. With the exception of a couple they're all new to me. EoR has probably the best food I've ever seen at a festival too, plus there's a really good late night area with lots of effort going into the site. Savages where off the scale in terms of a performance. Comedy was top class too, although this year they had some rubbish queuing system that really spoilt it. Lots of complains so hopefully they wont repeat that.

Both are set in beautiful parts of the West Country.

If I had to choose I'd probably go BD, but I don't so am doing both again!

Brilliant, thankyou!

3 minutes ago, SOAD said:

I'm doing Green Man even if I do go to Glasto but it seems like an awesome alternative anyway. Great lineup this year and the brecon beacons are beautiful.

I'm doing Green Man again this year, such a great little festival.

I was going to do Latitude as well but the line up is pony

Just now, Hugs said:

Very true.  Can remember trying to get shade underneath the flags but having to move every few minutes when the sun shifted.

It's amazing how creative you can get with finding shade when your scalp is slowly melting away. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Beautiful Days is the more lively of the two I did festivals 2 to 9 and loved it. The back end of August is busy for me now so I can't normally make it. The atmosphere is excellent, it has the Bimble Inn and the Tiny Tea Tent if you want some familiar Glastonbury faces too.

End of the Road musically a little more reserved and subtle. Very relaxed atmosphere, lovely grounds. I think you would enjoy either.

Thankyou! If I don't get tickets I'll discuss both with the husband. And then I'll decide which one we're going to anyway ;)

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Come on GS and SEE - just settle it one way or another PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

same last yr and this, my sis missed out on general sale and resale but she cant really go online at work. it's only as i'm home with my toddler atm i'm able to do it.

17 minutes ago, lexlogic said:

At the risk of sounding like a selfish prick, I'm glad there was no sale yesterday as I was completely out of action. However I'm here ready, sweating my arse off in my hotel lobby leeching the free wifi and missing out on the gorgeous Jamaican sun all in the hope of bagging a ticket. So come on See, bring it!!!!! :P

Oooohhh where in Jamaica !?

7 minutes ago, lobo said:

It's amazing how creative you can get with finding shade when your scalp is slowly melting away. 

We bought some blankets from the oxfam shop, took the guy ropes off the tent and strung 2 big blankets to the gazebo at the back of jazz world to create some shade - we met lots of lovely people who came by to stop, chat and escape the sun for a while.

When we saw kids going by with parents, we invited them to come and sit and escape the heat - it was bloody relentless though.

That was in 2010

Edited by moheetoes