Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, Likearollingstone said:

Apologies for the negativity - but is anyone else starting to think this isn't gonna happen? I'm still refreshing every few minutes and eagerly awaiting Siblin's alerts etc but I'm starting to lose faith in the resale.

Nope, just you. Think you're in the wrong thread. I refer you to my post on page 684.

1 minute ago, mrbuz84 said:

theres nothing to suggest it won't,its happened every year since I've been in here,around 4 or 5 years

Hey, I didn't say that! Wouldn't dare #cantstopusnow

Edited by Robinn

6 minutes ago, Likearollingstone said:

Apologies for the negativity - but is anyone else starting to think this isn't gonna happen? I'm still refreshing every few minutes and eagerly awaiting Siblin's alerts etc but I'm starting to lose faith in the resale.

last year it got like this

then it happened for 30 seconds it happened. 

like the wife and I ever year, i think it's never going to happen , then it does and then it's over ,........ 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mrbuz84 said:

theres nothing to suggest it won't,its happened every year since I've been in here,around 4 or 5 years

There is an email from the festival stating explicitly that it's not happening. They've never done that before.

While I agree it probably will happen, there absolutely is something to suggest it won't.

No one really has any right to be angry with them if it doesn't. 

3 minutes ago, themuel said:

There is an email from the festival stating explicitly that it's not happening. They've never done that before.

While I agree it probably will happen, there absolutely is something to suggest it won't.

No one really has any right to be angry with them if it doesn't. 

yeah,but also has history suggests, there full of crap. they have denied,every single year, and depending on the person who replys, the reason is usually different. thats why its pointless badgering SEE or glasto

2 minutes ago, mrbuz84 said:

yeah,but also has history suggests, there full of crap. they have denied,every single year, and depending on the person who replys, the reason is usually different. thats why its pointless badgering SEE or glasto

The denial is usually a lot more vague though. I hope everyone gets tickets, but management of expectations is no bad thing. 

20 minutes ago, themuel said:

The denial is usually a lot more vague though. I hope everyone gets tickets, but management of expectations is no bad thing. 

If they say 'there won't be a resale' then I think  that's legit.  For me, a resale is an organised, advanced and scheduled thing.  If they say 'there won't be a secret resale, we know we've had them before but this year we're not, such and such is happening instead', they maybe...  So we're all good, keep vigilant!

edit - haha, must have missed that screenshot below.  Bless them for keeping the secret this year :P 

Edited by p.pete

18 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

then it happened for 30 seconds it happened. 

like the wife and I ever year, i think it's never going to happen , then it does and then it's over ,........ 

I get the same birthday treat.

1 minute ago, p.pete said:

If they say 'there won't be a resale' then I think  that's legit.  For me, a resale is an organised, advanced and scheduled thing.  If they say 'there won't be a secret resale, we know we've had them before but this year we're not, such and such is happening instead', they maybe...  So we're all good, keep vigilant!

They have said exactly that though.

I am still hopeful, but also being realistic, it's not right to flat out deny things that have been said.

3 minutes ago, gibble said:

Basically, this was posted....

IMG_7222.JPG

Oh okay. This does seem like a genuine sounding e-mail from Glastonbury. I remember when I e-mailed them last year they did actually say there is no 'official' resale however keep your eyes peeled. That's a shame, I'm sorry to everyone who has missed out. I'll try and post competitions if I find any. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I'm of the belief that they're not quite ready to do a resale yet, if they're going to do one.

And that's because I was sold a punter's ticket this morning, after getting the relevant punter's details onto a list (after much grovelling, a personal favour to me was done, in sorting my kid a ticket) - but it needed the reg number, it wasn't a staff ticket.

Just because of the timings around the contacts made about that, I'd say it's unlikely to be before Thursday, at earliest.

I also know that the press office is doing the final checks on its tickets at the moment, with some urgency - which might well be tied into the same process, because if the festival needs any extras (or has spares), they'll need to come out of (or be put into) the public pot of tickets.

Lets look at the more positive stuff from yesterday.

Here is what the boss man said which gives some hope.

Them denying its a 'secret' resale is right though. It's not secret, it's available to everyone just usually not publicised. 

But even if you ask them about any other form of resale, they'll deny that too. It's always the same message. There might not be one, but could be. 

Not sure what people expect when asking them. 'Yeah, secret resale is lined up mate. 3:45pm today, just keep it to yourself though yeah?'

• Upvote 1