Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, Jenniferaliceee said:

Pretty bleak in here today isn't it? 

But fear not! I'm going swimming tomorrow so Sod's law dictates that the second I step in that pool, a flood of GA tickets will awash over the GF site, all of your preloaded reg pages will go through and by the time I'm out they will be long gone. You're welcome <3

So generous!

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

How has anyone got upvotes left at this end of the day?

I shoot my load well before 10 in the morning :D

I feel like a generous god when I have mine. But then I get click happy...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bonaneas said:

Someone posted this on the FB Glasto chat page .... if Ive missed it twenty pages ago apologies ! 

IMG_7222.JPG

oh well that sorts that out.. see you all next year everyone... 

... except there has been a secret sale every year since at least 2013.  As someone else has pointed out if they said "there has been in previous years but wont be this year due to a low number of refunded tickets" i'd take it more seriously.

1 hour ago, Bonaneas said:

Someone posted this on the FB Glasto chat page .... if Ive missed it twenty pages ago apologies ! 

IMG_7222.JPG

The poor comma insertion and dodgy capitalisation of the word "areas" makes me think this is an idiot trolling rather than someone working in a professional capacity on behalf of the festival. 

2 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

The poor comma insertion and dodgy capitalisation of the word "areas" makes me think this is an idiot trolling rather than someone working in a professional capacity on behalf of the festival. 

It was me, my gramma is bad, but this was from them. I wasn't happy that See were giving away tickets to their mates, so I emailed to ask.

My first glastonbury was 1996, I'm no troll. This is my first secret sale.

3 minutes ago, Bb-dog said:

It was me, my gramma is bad, but this was from them. I wasn't happy that See were giving away tickets to their mates, so I emailed to ask.

But the reply is addressed as being from Glastonbury Festival. Why would your grammar impact on a reply which was meant to be from the festival?

On one hand I would think that they are obviously going to deny a sale is going to happen, I guess it's also plausible that there was only a tiny amount of refunded tickets that makes another sale less worthwhile - remember the resale date was much later than normal due to easter, so the gap between resale and refund date was only very small.

I do however think there will still be a sale and that they are always going to deny it when asked directly.

3 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

But the reply is addressed as being from Glastonbury Festival. Why would your grammar impact on a reply which was meant to be from the festival?

Look dude, I was just doing what I thought was the right thing passing on information I had.

It doesn't really effect me one way or another if you choose to believe it or you don't.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bb-dog said:

giving away to their mates? Have you any evidence for this? 

I don't really mind or care what happens to all the other tickets that make up the total number, as I appreciate that they are all needed in a myriad of different ways to keep the festival going. But it's a bit annoying if even one of the the 135k general admission tickets goes to anybody other than a normal punter, obtaining it in the same way as any of the other 134999 people.

Secret Resale or not, the organizers can do what they want with tickets.If that's bunging a few to people in the know or extras for people working at the festival (remember - those people that make it great) then fine, the two main resales are still two more chances than you get for any other event that sells out with such speed. 

At least you don't see them on seatwave, getmein or viagogo for 5 time the price - now that would really piss me off.....

If there isn't a secret/flash resale then I'll 100% still be going - but on my own and I'll still have a fantastic time, it'd just be better if there was just the slightest chance of a couple of my friends going too.

18 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I don't really mind or care what happens to all the other tickets that make up the total number, as I appreciate that they are all needed in a myriad of different ways to keep the festival going. But it's a bit annoying if even one of the the 135k general admission tickets goes to anybody other than a normal punter, obtaining it in the same way as any of the other 134999 people.

Yeah that seems off. I don't really believe they'd do that, in all honesty. There are already thousands that are allocated to several places, competitions, etc. so to start dipping into the general pot that See have already sold once or twice and taken charges off of doesn't really seem a done thing.

6 minutes ago, Bb-dog said:

I don't see See as the people who make it great. They are the people who charge you twice for you buying something from them.

It just doesn't seem very Glastonbury to me.

I think they was referring to the staff at the festival mate,not the staff at see tickets