Secret resales 2015

Terence99

38 minutes ago, storm said:

yep straight up, bought it in Dealz which is the Irish Poundland and I'm sure they have them in their UK stores too. Same here it's for the tent in the morning, not for bringing about and I can handle the toilets but that morning run is too much at my age. I actually wake up about to wet myself and by the time I've got down to toilets and queued especially if it's waterproofs and boots needed,, it can often be too late. Nearly got one last year and should've so went for it this year.

Edited to add maybe "straight up" wasn't the best choice of words in this context

Straight up would be the wrong way to do this...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, tabasco said:

Where do you buy the backstage tickets from?

Post yesterday I think, someone had a friend working there who had tickets but wanted 800 each for them. I think these  are the alleged  "extra tickets for those who need more festival staff" that the email from See/GF today says is all that was left. Obviously they weren't as the word was some crew were offered up to two tickets to sell on or put people in touch with. A post a few days ago said he got offered tickets by a crew mate, he got an email link sent to him and could buy the two tickets.

As usual it's all about who you know

Edited by storm

There have been up to three extra sales in the past as I've bought tickets on several, also the backstage tickets etc are normally around £450, have friends in bands who've played over the years and that's been the normal price for them via the bands. It's not so much backstage access more some backstage camping

I'm of the belief that they're not quite ready to do a resale yet, if they're going to do one.

And that's because I was sold a punter's ticket this morning, after getting the relevant punter's details onto a list (after much grovelling, a personal favour to me was done, in sorting my kid a ticket) - but it needed the reg number, it wasn't a staff ticket.

Just because of the timings around the contacts made about that, I'd say it's unlikely to be before Thursday, at earliest.

I also know that the press office is doing the final checks on its tickets at the moment, with some urgency - which might well be tied into the same process, because if the festival needs any extras (or has spares), they'll need to come out of (or be put into) the public pot of tickets.

Speculation time here....maybe they are not doing it this year as the secret has really not become secret this year (evidenced by selling out so quick last time?).

Leave it a year, give the tickets to crew for friends, means that in 2019 it won't be so widely publicised?

I really hope there is....

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:
No fight left or so it seems
I am a man whose dreams have all deserted
I've changed my face, I've changed my name
But no one wants you when you lose

Don't give up
'Cause you have friends
Don't give up
You're not beaten yet
Don't give up
I know you can make it good

You're quoting the secret act that Emily has said no-one has guessed yet!

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'm of the belief that they're not quite ready to do a resale yet, if they're going to do one.

And that's because I was sold a punter's ticket this morning, after getting the relevant punter's details onto a list (after much grovelling, a personal favour to me was done, in sorting my kid a ticket) - but it needed the reg number, it wasn't a staff ticket.

Just because of the timings around the contacts made about that, I'd say it's unlikely to be before Thursday, at earliest.

I also know that the press office is doing the final checks on its tickets at the moment, with some urgency - which might well be tied into the same process, because if the festival needs any extras (or has spares), they'll need to come out of (or be put into) the public pot of tickets.

so they're selling tickets to people with the right connections.

not sure that's a good thing to hear really. surely they should be dipping into the sizable amount of guest/hospitality tickets to sort things like that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cazzatron said:

Speculation time here....maybe they are not doing it this year as the secret has really not become secret this year (evidenced by selling out so quick last time?).

Leave it a year, give the tickets to crew for friends, means that in 2019 it won't be so widely publicised?

I really hope there is....

They were never "secret" anyway. They used to have a bit of text in the ticket terms and conditions saying they would be on sale at some point. They're always "unannounced". It's us that call them secret... but really, there is no such thing as the secret resales.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

delighted to hear this, I know your reasons for not sorting guaranteed tickets for yourself every year as you easily could and you try with the rest of us but glad for once you did and got what you wanted.

Hi all,  I'm another lurker finally revealing himself.  I've noticed moral seems to be a bit low recently with people having doubts about a resale even happening.  I dunno whether you've have all already seen this but this is whats on the Glasto Website:

23e774ddb0ecf2a2ccaee52bdb798405.png
NOT ALL HOPE IS LOST YET
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Griffin1997 said:

Hi all,  I'm another lurker finally revealing himself.  I've noticed moral seems to be a bit low recently with people having doubts about a resale even happening.  I dunno whether you've have all already seen this but this is whats on the Glasto Website:

23e774ddb0ecf2a2ccaee52bdb798405.png
NOT ALL HOPE IS LOST YET

This is from a few years ago, non?