Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 minutes ago, Alking said:

Anyone know of any other comps? may as well do something productive while sat here 

Check out the competitions thread, they had the best list. A few on that not mentioned in here yet.

Edited by lobo

This may be an unpopular suggestion but I'm only trying to help. Funds permitting it may be worth emailing all the offsite accommodation companies to see if they are willing to sell some cheaper accommodation with tickets. Despite what people say and what they advertise, they all pretty much get an allocation of tickets (but they can't advertise it) they generally use them to shift their more expensive accommodation, but If they have already sold these anyway the may have cheaper accommodation left that they may be able to seek you with tickets. By cheap I'm it's still going to be expensive, but is an option and there is no harm in firing off an email.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

This may be an unpopular suggestion but I'm only trying to help. Funds permitting it may be worth emailing all the offsite accommodation companies to see if they are willing to sell some cheaper accommodation with tickets. Despite what people say and what they advertise, they all pretty much get an allocation of tickets (but they can't advertise it) they generally use them to shift their more expensive accommodation, but If they have already sold these anyway the may have cheaper accommodation left that they may be able to seek you with tickets. By cheap I'm it's still going to be expensive, but is an option and there is no harm in firing off an email.

I actually looked into this last year. Expect to pay in the thousands. 

Just now, cb4747 said:

Me and my other half one year decided to treat ourselves and booked a mahoosive american winnebago with slide out sides and the lot….BUT…. He wrote it off on the way to glasto. Worst day ever!!! it cost £8000 in all in payouts to the hire company so VIP tickets are probably a cheep option in comparison 

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

More than likely. But as you get nearer to the festival it may be possible to pay less for anything they haven't sold. Its not an ideal solution by any stretch but for anybody really really desperate it's an option (albeit an expensive one)

9 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

One company was selling them off for £800 each last year - Land & Sky I think they were called.

Just now, Alking said:

Me and my other half one year decided to treat ourselves and booked a mahoosive american winnebago with slide out sides and the lot….BUT…. He wrote it off on the way to glasto. Worst day ever!!! it cost £8000 in all in payouts to the hire company so VIP tickets are probably a cheep option in comparison 

Holy sheet that sounds awful, I hope you were both okay! Instead of Glasto I've hired a Camper in Cornwall for the week. Hopefully I won't do anything to it!

Just now, cb4747 said:

Holy sheet that sounds awful, I hope you were both okay! Instead of Glasto I've hired a Camper in Cornwall for the week. Hopefully I won't do anything to it!

Oh, I'm sure you'll be fine. This was the size of an American truck and was left hand drive. Not good for our English country roads. Cornwall in a camper will be a delight!

3 minutes ago, Hugs said:

One company was selling them off for £800 each last year - Land & Sky I think they were called.

Yes I'd heard of them there is quite a waiting list for ticket only options. I've just had a look at their site and wished I was loaded.