Secret resales 2015

Terence99

8 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

I did this last year, secured tickets for friends and used my debit card - different name/address and had no issues. 

Hopefully this will still be the case as it's what I plan to do this time.

did you have to put in your address at all?

or just your card number, exp date, and number on the back?

Edited by ghostdancer1

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

did you have to put in your address at all?

or just your card number, exp date, and number on the back?

Just my card no, expiry and ccv- no address details of mine.

hopefully the same is still true having missed getting through in both oct and April sales

1 minute ago, svphie said:

anyone got any secret sale success stories... i need some HOPE

I've known literally hundereds of people who have had success in the secret resales... but I've been in a unique position to see them.

25 minutes ago, mjsell said:

If I was in charge of tickets I think I'd keep a few extra back from the general sales and release them with the refunded ones. Like has been said, it will be the organised and the dedicated that have the best chance. And obviously the lucky - even the most dedicated have to use the shitter every now and then. 

I'm not sure they work like that - as long as the tickets get sold they are not fussed, and the more people buy early on and cancel later, the more they make on booking fees

1 minute ago, siblin said:

I've known literally hundereds of people who have had success in the secret resales... but I've been in a unique position to see them.

And some of my successes were down to you sir @siblin, still owe you beers couldn't make the meet last year due to the horrendous traffic issues, to be remedied this year

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Brownie30 said:

For those of you who have been successful previously.... how many days have you waited around on the ball for the scramble?

All day everyday until they go live - limited toilet breaks etc, 2015 was the worst, it felt like years

2 minutes ago, svphie said:

I got tickets last year using Google page monitor. Tips: Monitor http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras don't worry about the others.

Make sure your registration numbers and postcodes are on autofill (I think there is a Glastonbury page you can go to to pre-enter them so your computer remembers).

Store your card details on google autofill so you don't have to enter card numbers and memorise the security code. 

Ignore car parking/water bottle/insurance options - you can buy it all later and every second counts in this sale.

Good luck I hope you all get tickets, it's the best feeling this close to the festival :D

7 minutes ago, svphie said:

Yes, 2 years ago got one in the first few minutes. Just pure luck that I was sitting at my desk when the alert came through. I do already have my numbers spreadsheet open and the ticket link page ready for that alert again. Have my own tickets, trying for a couple of friends.

7 minutes ago, svphie said:

Successful in 2015 and would have been in 2014 if i hadn't decided that a 30 second run of tickets was all there was, left my post for 30 minutes and came back to see that just about everyone else had got tickets five minutes after i left.

1 minute ago, tjamest said:

Successful in 2015 and would have been in 2014 if i hadn't decided that a 30 second run of tickets was all there was, left my post for 30 minutes and came back to see that just about everyone else had got tickets five minutes after i left.

Devastating. Thought that happened to me last week when i nipped to the shop. Came back to messages thanking Neil for the page checker working so well as they'd just secured tickets. Turns out it was just camper van ticket back on sale. 

6 minutes ago, siblin said:

I'm not sure they work like that - as long as the tickets get sold they are not fussed, and the more people buy early on and cancel later, the more they make on booking fees

Yeah I'd agree with that. For anybody looking for a ticket in the secret resales, from your perspective if you were in charge of tickets then of course you'd hold some back, but in reality from the festivals point of view there is absolutely no benefit to holding any back, they want to shift every single ticket as soon as they can. In reality I'm sure they'd rather no cancellations and no resale or secret resale.

I only found out about these resales in 2013 (before I posted here). I'd set up a page monitor myself, just for fun really. Was just sitting at my desk one afternoon and got an alert. Couldn't believe it. My friends lost their shit.

I have gotten a ticket through them whenever needed. So long as you're at your PC, you should be fine.

I am going out for a sandwich now. Perhaps foolishly.

Edited by majormajormajor

3 minutes ago, lobo said:

Devastating. Thought that happened to me last week when i nipped to the shop. Came back to messages thanking Neil for the page checker working so well as they'd just secured tickets. Turns out it was just camper van ticket back on sale. 

Yes i was mightily pissed off. 

Good to hear so many people have had success. Have a fair few people had success doing it on their phones? I feel like i may only have my iphone to hand when i get the notification. I've put lots of text replacement options in place so i don't have to copy and paste, so pretty close to autofill but not quite as fast..

3 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

So long as you're at your PC (or phone handy w/ service), you should be fine

This is what I'm hoping. My biggest concern being on Pacific time (and soon Central/Eastern time - going on a family trip) is being asleep when it happens. 

As long as it happens between now and next Wednesday then I can be on the ball.... any later than that and there's a real risk of coming out shattered from a 3 hour exam to turn on my phone and be further deflated by a missed checkpage alert text.... The fear is already setting in !