Secret resales 2015

Terence99

19 minutes ago, billum said:

There is Autofill for Chrome, Firefox Autofill, and another option is ShortKeys  which runs on Windows and works with any browser and form, so is my favoured ploy. There's probably something for whatever odd browser Microsoft is pushing at the moment but, then, you wouldn't really would you?

If you're on Mac/iPad/iPhone the OS has built-in text replacement so you can enter, say, two letters and the OS will substitute your address, registration numbers, postcode, etc.

All this takes a bit of setting up in advance, it's true, but it's worth it!

Thanks for the shortkeys link, just set it up and tested on worthy view - all working!

36 minutes ago, Robinn said:

How many new users started using this forum and your pagechecker after the resale? Must be a significant increase with all the people still looking for tickets.

I can't really make any relationship between new forum users and new users of checkpage. The people using checkpage may or may not be using the forums.

There's roughly the same number of peeps using checkpage this year as there was last year. That's about all i can tell you.

21 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

It was never 2 mins last year.

i sat at my computer for 6 days pressing refresh every 5 seconds or so... refreshed as the tickets came on sale... entered the numbers as quick as I possibly could... and then got sold out.  It was literally about 20 seconds!

nope, it was about 2 and half minutes between the link changing on the main entrance page to be 'tickets on sale' (or whatever it said) and it changing back to 'sold out',

And when that link changed on the front page there was enough time for checkpage to scan and see it, to generate hundreds of emails and send hundreds of txts, and for people to respond to those emails/texts to then go and buy tickets (not everyone was quick enough, but plenty were).

It very definitely wasn't 20 seconds. 

29 minutes ago, billum said:

If you don't want to deal with plugins or setting up apps, the other way to fill the form in quickly is to go to:

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017-deposits/worthy-farm-pilton-somerset/1100001

NOW, and fill out the form with your registration details (very carefully and slowly!) and hit proceed. You will of course get 'no tickets available' or something, but when the secret resales do go ahead, you can fill in the form by double-clicking in each field and choosing from the data that will appear in a drop-down list, instead of typing, which it will have saved from today!

Very helpful. Thanks billum.

5 hours ago, billum said:

If you don't want to deal with plugins or setting up apps, the other way to fill the form in quickly is to go to:

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017-deposits/worthy-farm-pilton-somerset/1100001

NOW, and fill out the form with your registration details (very carefully and slowly!) and hit proceed. You will of course get 'no tickets available' or something, but when the secret resales do go ahead, you can fill in the form by double-clicking in each field and choosing from the data that will appear in a drop-down list, instead of typing, which it will have saved from today!

I was going to say this too, thanks for reiterating the info billum.   @Michaels denim shorts also mentioned in an earlier post that if you keep that filled in booking page open, when the main page changes, press proceed on the open booking page and you'll get straight through if the same link is being used. I've always clicked on the button on the main page and put the info in anew but apparently he was successful using the short cut last year.  Of course now I've repeated this it probably won't happen! 

Sorry guys I didn't mean to bring everyone down by mentioning how fleeting the secret resale was last year - but it's better to be forewarned!  I suspect that the sale was so fast because there were very few tickets available,  and the 2016 mud catastrophe might mean that people have been more likely to relinquish their tickets this year? I can certainly attest to the speed and efficiency of checkpage.  I was refreshing the main page every few seconds and the text alert came through before I actually saw the change.

Good luck everyone :)

24 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Many people suspect that seetickets website can detect auto refreshing plugins and will block you automatically if you attempt to access the server while using one.

They're misguided. I've had it on essentially for years and never had an issue. I've specifically had one hitting seetickets.com every 3 seconds for the past three months - and I got tickets in the resale.

P.S. I should probably introduce myself. Newbie poster but v long time lurker and have been trawling through all the info from previous years (2015 got them in resale, 2016 in main sale, this year NOTHING so far!) and have decided to be more actively involved in the forum. Good people helping each other out. We will ALL be lucky this year... I hope!

33 minutes ago, RandyFishcake said:

P.S. I should probably introduce myself. Newbie poster but v long time lurker and have been trawling through all the info from previous years (2015 got them in resale, 2016 in main sale, this year NOTHING so far!) and have decided to be more actively involved in the forum. Good people helping each other out. We will ALL be lucky this year... I hope!

There's a newbies thread for introducing yourself too :) pinned at the top of the chat section 

hi all, unsuccessful in the general sale and resale this year (the first disaster being a timezone problem and the second a typo).. have registered for checkpage and followthatpage but any extra help would be really appreciated, was wondering if there was a whatsapp group going at all? Second glaso this year and would love to get last year's gang back together. cheers lads! 

Edited by Sarge009

3 hours ago, jfandrs said:

I managed to get tickets (on the hard shoulder of a motorway in Dubai) two years ago though the whatsapp group set up on here. Have some friends who needs tickets and plan to point them towards that. Who's setting it up? :)

1 hour ago, Sarge009 said:

hi all, unsuccessful in the general sale and resale this year (the first disaster being a timezone problem and the second a typo).. have registered for checkpage and followthatpage but any extra help would be really appreciated, was wondering if there was a whatsapp group going at all? Second glaso this year and would love to get last year's gang back together. cheers lads! 

57 minutes ago, Lucys92 said:

I'm also a little bit of a lurker on here but definitely up for getting involved in a whatsapp group if anyone's setting one up? 

Robinn offered to set one up a little while ago but I'm not sure it gained any traction, and tomhiggins88 also offered 2 pages back. Maybe contact them both to see if anything came of it, and on the chance that they've both got groups started perhaps suggest merging them.

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

nope, it was about 2 and half minutes between the link changing on the main entrance page to be 'tickets on sale' (or whatever it said) and it changing back to 'sold out',

And when that link changed on the front page there was enough time for checkpage to scan and see it, to generate hundreds of emails and send hundreds of txts, and for people to respond to those emails/texts to then go and buy tickets (not everyone was quick enough, but plenty were).

It very definitely wasn't 20 seconds. 

I think it was almost exactly 2 and a half minutes between getting the checkpage text and the following one saying sold out, but just like in the other sales it takes them a little while to update the page. Unfortunately before that the website just brings up the reg page again with the message 'tickets are currently unavailable'. I've no idea whether it was over in 20 seconds, but I had time to stare in disbelief, resubmit several times, open another browser and re-enter my details and generally curse the gods before it refreshed to the sold out page.

I had the text at 1 second after 3:45, I was on the computer with the glastonbury.seetickets.com page open along with my details to cut and paste when the text came in. I'd be very surprised if it took more than a minute for me to get the tickets unavailable message.

2 hours ago, musky said:

Robinn offered to set one up a little while ago but I'm not sure it gained any traction, and tomhiggins88 also offered 2 pages back. Maybe contact them both to see if anything came of it, and on the chance that they've both got groups started perhaps suggest merging them.

thank you! will have a look now 

2 hours ago, chrismcb said:

I think, as someone mentioned before, the problem with the whatsapp groups is that people will sort their tickets first before notifying the group by which point the tickets may even be gone. 

good point.. still worth a shot, need every chance we can get 

9 hours ago, chrismcb said:

I think, as someone mentioned before, the problem with the whatsapp groups is that people will sort their tickets first before notifying the group by which point the tickets may even be gone. 

Maybe the key is to have a fair few people in the WhatsApp group who aren't needing tickets, so their sole purpose is to notify the rest