Secret resales 2015

Terence99

I will be unable to volunteer as I'm bringing my American husband, and we're travelling from Tennessee - I wouldn't be able to do the hours. 

Page pinger up and running already - they've announced a headliner already, maybe resales will be all over the map too!

Just wanted to say hi to the old crowd! May F5 be with you in April, thankfully I was lucky on the 9th!

I did volunteer this summer with Oxfam at 2 festivals as my back up plan (you get priority for Glastonbury the following year by doing 2)  as there is no way I could have gone through this again!! Good luck and remember to enter the @efestivals competition!! ;):D 

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/Stewarding?intcmp=HPWWLWP_grid_Festivals

17 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

I will be unable to volunteer as I'm bringing my American husband, and we're travelling from Tennessee - I wouldn't be able to do the hours. 

Page pinger up and running already - they've announced a headliner already, maybe resales will be all over the map too!

How do I go about setting up a page pinger thingy? It's been buried in the thread

1 hour ago, beefykoala said:

The so called secret sale will be after the resale, so there is no point running page monitor apps or scripts.

How it works is..  All the tickets that get cancelled and tickets that don't get paid for at the beginning of April will go back on sale at the resale and then after that any tickets that get cancelled will be sold off with no official announcement usually in the first few weeks of May and that's when you want to be monitoring the Seetickets website.

14 minutes ago, Andycamper said:

The so called secret sale will be after the resale, so there is no point running page monitor apps or scripts.

How it works is..  All the tickets that get cancelled and tickets that don't get paid for at the beginning of April will go back on sale at the resale and then after that any tickets that get cancelled will be sold off with no official announcement usually in the first few weeks of May and that's when you want to be monitoring the Seetickets website.

Cheers Andy, I followed this thread last year so had some idea how it works, but just want to be prepared with every option available.

27 minutes ago, Andycamper said:

I remember back in '03 a few trickled out at weird times. I don't mind running a monitor on the rare chance that that will happen again. Plus, so many people have told me not to bother, which means I have less competition if it does happen. Any hole's a goal!

50 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

I remember back in '03 a few trickled out at weird times. I don't mind running a monitor on the rare chance that that will happen again. Plus, so many people have told me not to bother, which means I have less competition if it does happen. Any hole's a goal!

I think it was '04 that tickets were released in batches after the official sale, but things were very different back then. The sale took place in April and the site had buckled under the weight of users trying to get tickets, and some glitch in the system had meant lots of people had bought tickets more than once. Nowadays they've no need to release the tickets unannounced before the resale as the sale of the returned tickets is planned from the start.

It's up to you if you want to monitor the site until the resale, but there are no words that describe the stress of having your phone sounding alerts at all times of the day and night.

*shivers*

Ah I was hoping not to have to post on this thread this year - but no such luck! 

After the announcement yesterday we are now more determined than ever to get tickets for 2017 but not really holding up all that much hope after the resale (if it could be called that!) last year. May look into volunteering but will depend on what holiday we can take from work! 

• 5 months later...

Another lurker here! Hello! 

We have tickets (the festivals gods smiled down on us in October) but I *just* missed out on getting coach tickets for my brother yesterday...they literally disappeared before my very eyes as I went to click "proceed" [insert distraught emoji face here]. Getting a little nervous about Sunday despite having had luck getting resale tickets in previous years so thought I would also raise my hand and say I'd be keen to sign up for the page monitoring at approximately 9:20am on Sunday...:(

Good luck on Sunday, everyone!!

14 minutes ago, danutie said:

Another lurker here! Hello! 

We have tickets (the festivals gods smiled down on us in October) but I *just* missed out on getting coach tickets for my brother yesterday...they literally disappeared before my very eyes as I went to click "proceed" [insert distraught emoji face here]. Getting a little nervous about Sunday despite having had luck getting resale tickets in previous years so thought I would also raise my hand and say I'd be keen to sign up for the page monitoring at approximately 9:20am on Sunday...:(

Good luck on Sunday, everyone!!

I can definitely recommend Neil's page monitor - it enabled me to get tickets last May in the sale which must've lasted all of 60 seconds.  But of course you won't need it.  Good luck on Sunday.:)

On 19/04/2015 at 10:13 AM, siblin said:

If I recall last year they happened 8 (or was it 15) days after the resale, starting with a coach resale on the monday, and a general on the weds, with the odd little couple of tickets here and there.

I have a page monitor that can email when a page changes, specifically for this purpose. It was successful for around 100 people last year, a handful of whom turned up to give me a cider on the thursday (i was very drunk on friday morning). As per last year DM me your emails. I suspect i'll have a busy day with this today!

On iPhones i know if you set it to automatically check email as fast as you can, or enable push notifications on for something like outlook.com, or and add the page monitor email to your VIP list and it comes up as a notification on your main screen pretty quick

Hi siblin,

I hope you're well and got Glastonbury tickets this year! We unfortunately have been unsuccessful so far so Sunday is our last chance! Fingers crossed!! If we aren't successful though, I'd really like to be prepared for the secret resales. I tried signing up to Follow That Page but every time I put in the seetickets webpage it said 'failed to connect to DNS server'. Any idea how to fix this? Or do you use a different programme to track the page? 

I would be be so grateful for any advice you can offer! It would be nice to know in advance of Sunday just so I can pray for another chance if it all goes wrong! 

Sorry this wasn't DM, efestivals said you cant receive them... Thanks in advance, 

Amy x 

3 hours ago, Travis Tee said:

Secret resales made me ill last year 

I second that!! I don't think i can go through that again, though i undoubtedly will if needs must :(