Secret resales 2015

Terence99

30 minutes ago, siweltrebor said:

With the photo id's it's not possible to sell a ticket on, you have to do it officially?

I'm just passing on info. Some people are willing to take the risk! I sold one last year for a friend and the guy got in.

Edited by Jolie23

15 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I've had mine checked. They asked me for ID last year because my hair colour was different to the picture 

Was it photo ID or just proof of name? I'm also not sure I'd ever fancy taking a passport/driving licence there anyway. Have you ever seen anyone told they aren't the person on the picture? 

42 minutes ago, ads1980 said:

Was it photo ID or just proof of name? I'm also not sure I'd ever fancy taking a passport/driving licence there anyway. Have you ever seen anyone told they aren't the person on the picture? 

I saw something going on in the lane next to me last year. A supervisor was called over and there were three people looking over the guy's ticket. I'd assumed it was because he didn't look like the photo although I didn't hear what was being said and as soon as I'd got my wristband I was off, so didn't see the outcome.

Edited by musky

1 hour ago, ads1980 said:

Drivers licence. Luckily I had ID on me for the bars. 

1 hour ago, ads1980 said:

In the thread "Notes from Post Glasto Meeting" there is discussion of this via the reports. One notable excerpt from last year, " Supervisors at all gates reported problems with thicket holders not matching the photographs that were on their registration for tickets. The team often witnessed someone that had registered as a 16-year old and were now presenting themselves with long beards and hair. Staff were very robust – if they were not satisfied regarding registration vs. appearance, the person did not enter the site."

http://www.mendip.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=11606&p=0

Edited by NoBallGames

16 minutes ago, MattLeam said:

Oh! Coach just went to the holding page for a few seconds, then back to event not found. Seetickets do love their tinkering...

it was both the 00002 coach and 00001 GA pages that went to holding and back. I think it's happened a few times since the sale though.

On 5/31/2016 at 8:56 AM, MadScientist said:

I just googled they do that and waste management. Hopefully shifts aren't too bad for Dr g! 

Got my shifts through last night and I'm doing 6.5 hours each day!!! Yaaaaayyyy!!!! Sociable hours too!

Proper excited now :):):) 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Dr Glasto said:

Got my shifts through last night and I'm doing 6.5 hours each day!!! Yaaaaayyyy!!!! Sociable hours too!

Proper excited now :):):) 

lucky duck! Have an awesome time. Was it you who said you're going to Latitude too? 

Well, just like last year I have again missed out on both the initial and the resale! 

Last year was the end to my run of Glasto's and it hurt like hell! I can't see this year being much better! 

Last year I was a little silly and left it to the last day to panic and try and get in some how, this year I am trying to be a little more pro-active... 

With this in mind, does anyone have any tips on alternative ways to get into the festival? 

I am already registered with a couple of companies for work so will hopefully hear something from them. I am also watching the see ticket site like a hawk eagerly awaiting the 'secret' resale! 

Are there any other options available for entry folks? And no, I don't really fancy scaling the fence! 

2 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

Well, just like last year I have again missed out on both the initial and the resale! 

Last year was the end to my run of Glasto's and it hurt like hell! I can't see this year being much better! 

Last year I was a little silly and left it to the last day to panic and try and get in some how, this year I am trying to be a little more pro-active... 

With this in mind, does anyone have any tips on alternative ways to get into the festival? 

I am already registered with a couple of companies for work so will hopefully hear something from them. I am also watching the see ticket site like a hawk eagerly awaiting the 'secret' resale! 

Are there any other options available for entry folks? And no, I don't really fancy scaling the fence! 

The secret resale has been and gone. We're all just hanging on in there in the hope that maybe just the odd ticket or two will miraculously go on sale. 

If you're willing to take a punt then perhaps heading over to the pubs in Shepton Mallet on the Tuesday might be a good idea. Chatting to the locals might bring you a result.