Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, michael eavis' beard said:

Just on the transaction/card payments...

I bought 2 lots of tickets in the October sale last year, all on my debit card.  I was the Lead Booker on the first transaction but, obviously, I wasn't on the second booking.

The tickets are sent to the Lead Booker's address.  The card can belong to absolutely anyone.

It's actually kind of scary that purchases can be made with literally just the information on the card! Although I suppose that's why verified by visa has been introduced. But it doesn't pop up for all purchases (and thankfully not Glastonbury tickets it seems!)

16 minutes ago, Jolie23 said:

Nope - the address is nothing to do with the payment. The only thing you need for the payment to go through is name on card, card number, expiry and the 3 digits on the back. The address is in no way linked to the payment.

So just to clarify when it says YOUR DETAILS i can type in my mates reg number and post code. When it says Additional Registrations I can type in another mates details. When it comes to pay I can fill in my details in the card payment section and they won't ask for my address. Where will the tickets go to??? This is all depending on the secret Sale and me being quick enough of course. :)

1 minute ago, Travis Tee said:

So just to clarify when it says YOUR DETAILS i can type in my mates reg number and post code. When it says Additional Registrations I can type in another mates details. When it comes to pay I can fill in my details in the card payment section and they won't ask for my address. Where will the tickets go to??? This is all depending on the secret Sale and me being quick enough of course. :)

Yes! The tickets will go to the person you put in first (unless you waste time changing the address to a different delivery one, but I would NOT recommend that!!). And if they're coach tickets it doesn't matter anyway as they'll be emailed to your mate(s).

1 minute ago, Tannertron said:

has anyone volunteered with FeStaff before? If so how was it?? 

Never volunteered but I know for Glastonbury they approach previous volunteers and if not then you gotta get your application in towards beginning of the year, they fill up fast. 

Remember with them, they now state: " if you wish to be on our Glastonbury 2016 volunteer team we are asking you to assist us at another event in 2016 aswell. You can link any other event on the Festaff calendar except Electric Daisy Carnival & the BST Hyde Park shows "

1 minute ago, jumbomcnutt said:

Remember with them, they now state: " if you wish to be on our Glastonbury 2016 volunteer team we are asking you to assist us at another event in 2016 aswell. You can link any other event on the Festaff calendar except Electric Daisy Carnival & the BST Hyde Park shows "

I got accepted to Glasto and Bestival (the sister option) as myself and one other friend didn't get tickets. So I'm trying for my friend but I thought I'd try and find out what I've got in store for myself :)

3 minutes ago, Jolie23 said:

Yes! The tickets will go to the person you put in first (unless you waste time changing the address to a different delivery one, but I would NOT recommend that!!). And if they're coach tickets it doesn't matter anyway as they'll be emailed to your mate(s).

Ta

Just now, Travis Tee said:

Ta

No problem! I remember one year I was stressing buying tickets for a friend and phoning her up to put in her card details - it's scary when you're not actually sure that the payment will go through!! More experience now tells me that it will though :)

7 minutes ago, Travis Tee said:

They will all go to the lead booker. 

6 minutes ago, Tannertron said:

I volunteered with them at Bestival rather than Glastonbury and it was pretty cool. Obviously you have to do the job you're assigned and there are various rules re that, but otherwise totally free to enjoy yourself, and everyone else working there was pretty cool and easy to get along with. There were quite a mix of people working for them, though the majority were students (probably partly down to it being Bestival). I had some issues with them during/after my last shift at the end of the festival, but a lot of that was down to the fact we were on the isle of wight so transport home was near impossible, and I wouldn't hold it against them. 

They opened up Glastonbury places to people (who haven't volunteered at the fest before) just after the resale though, if you were thinking of trying to apply-they would have filled up basically immediately. If you already applied, have fun, I've only heard good things about working with them at Glastonbury!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, emilyboris said:

I volunteered with them at Bestival rather than Glastonbury and it was pretty cool. Obviously you have to do the job you're assigned and there are various rules re that, but otherwise totally free to enjoy yourself, and everyone else working there was pretty cool and easy to get along with. There were quite a mix of people working for them, though the majority were students (probably partly down to it being Bestival). I had some issues with them during/after my last shift at the end of the festival, but a lot of that was down to the fact we were on the isle of wight so transport home was near impossible, and I wouldn't hold it against them. 

They opened up Glastonbury places to people (who haven't volunteered at the fest before) just after the resale though, if you were thinking of trying to apply-they would have filled up basically immediately. If you already applied, have fun, I've only heard good things about working with them at Glastonbury!

Yeah I applied a few months ago and was accepted which was awesome, so far I've only heard good things about the volunteering at Glasto but I've heard mixed things about the other festivals (that's why I thought i'd ask). Because I had to choose one other festival I thought I'd go for Bestival because I've never been and heard good things...i'll also go in with some reserved patience for any testing students :) Cheers dude. 

Think I'm going to stop 'monitoring' for a while and rely on Neil's text alerts.  They've been pretty on track so far.  Still need to make sure i'm within running distance to the laptop as phone is too fiddly! Good luck all.

And maybe -

Yeah I applied a few months ago and was accepted which was awesome, so far I've only heard good things about the volunteering at Glasto but I've heard mixed things about the other festivals (that's why I thought i'd ask). Because I had to choose one other festival I thought I'd go for Bestival because I've never been and heard good things...i'll also go in with some reserved patience for any testing students :) Cheers dude. 

It's nowhere near as bad as, say, Oxfam in the 'testing students' respect. I'm a student myself but volunteered on my own (and like a bit of sleep), and I think if I'd been in the Oxfam camp I might have just packed it in altogether. Bestival is definitely good, it's just getting to/from the site can be tricky, as you have to get there a day earlier so there's no shuttle bus-though on the plus side there are no queues (and no security checking you on the way in, something Bestival goes all in for when it's open).

Personally I worked at the ferry port which was great because you missed none of the main festival as your shifts are Thursday and Monday. The issue is attempting to pack up + get to the meeting point at 6am or something on the Monday, and then, like I said, try to work out how you get back. Because you need to be given your passport + deposit back we were told to wait around for someone to drop them off, which would have left us stranded at the site with no more shuttle buses, so I just gave up and jumped on one. After some emails explaining why, they posted my passport + money (minus a fee) to me, so all was well in the end. Other people were working info points, which seemed pretty fun but obviously means sacrificing festival time.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

They're all set up ready to go!

The strange thing is I haven't had a single email all day from anybody. Can't remember the last time I had no emails by lunch time. The quiet before the storm? Or the quiet before... even more quiet

Just now, MattLeam said:

The strange thing is I haven't had a single email all day from anybody. Can't remember the last time I had no emails by lunch time. The quiet before the storm? Or the quiet before... even more quiet

The quiet before the October sale.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

It's nowhere near as bad as, say, Oxfam in the 'testing students' respect. I'm a student myself but volunteered on my own (and like a bit of sleep), and I think if I'd been in the Oxfam camp I might have just packed it in altogether. Bestival is definitely good, it's just getting to/from the site can be tricky, as you have to get there a day earlier so there's no shuttle bus-though on the plus side there are no queues (and no security checking you on the way in, something Bestival goes all in for when it's open).

Personally I worked at the ferry port which was great because you missed none of the main festival as your shifts are Thursday and Monday. The issue is attempting to pack up + get to the meeting point at 6am or something on the Monday, and then, like I said, try to work out how you get back. Because you need to be given your passport + deposit back we were told to wait around for someone to drop them off, which would have left us stranded at the site with no more shuttle buses, so I just gave up and jumped on one. After some emails explaining why, they posted my passport + money (minus a fee) to me, so all was well in the end. Other people were working info points, which seemed pretty fun but obviously means sacrificing festival time.  

Mate that's really helpful thank you! :)