Secret resales 2015

Terence99

On 13 May 2016 at 5:14 PM, emilyboris said:

I like that you have to put some degree of thought into the answer, unlike a lot of competitions you see online. I also noted that if you googled 'inventor flush toilet' the first wiki entry was wrong! 
Hope you have another email account to try again with

Was it Crap or crapper? Know it well :)

6 hours ago, M_Il said:

I thought I was hard spine by as there was an hour a day I wasn't able to be on the computer and I was back at 15:50 on Thursday but I think if I was sat at the computer and still wasn't able to get tickets that would have been 10 times worse. Although I haven't given up I don't think this is my year but as my wife had to remind me after Thursday I am going for the Sunday but at this present moment that feels like a very poor second place 

Can you buy Sunday tickets if you don't live close? It has always says postcode not viable or something similar when entering my reg details for Sunday tickets. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Katir said:

Can you buy Sunday tickets if you don't live close? It has always says postcode not viable or something similar when entering my reg details for Sunday tickets. Cheers.

They're just for Central Somerset residents I'm afraid.

I have decided that if it isn't Monday (tomorrow) I think all hope is 99% lost and Thursday was it. Which was so fast I was left thinking whhhaaaastttt the f*** just happened. I was unlucky to get the message (these tickets are unavailable) and thought I had the wrong page and literally just panicked going to all different apps, what's app and here on the forum and Facebook and Twitter thinking why is it my link saying that when they ARE available frantically searching for the right link. When I should have just refreshed :( I can honestly say not signing up for checkpage was the worst mistake and I just want to kick myself but I did sign up on Thursday right after the sale I thought I'm not taking any chances the what's app group didn't alert me till 2 mins after it started so it gave me a minute literally.  anyway I do vauguely remember on Facebook last year and the year before people would post randomly right up until the festival that their were tickets available because see tickets must have had some cancelled ticket right up to the festival because of the insurance people take out incase they can't go. I do think that see tickets on Twitter should tweet their own tweet and say that's it no more tickets whatsoever full stop so don't bother and put everyone out of there misery like last year they tweeted that was it, and stop the representatives replying mixed messages to everyone I have a ticket, I've just been desperately trying to get my sister a ticket she's just the only one in the family who hasn't got one. And it's not going to be the same without her.  Just hoping they sell some more tomorrow :) 

Have a good day x

2 minutes ago, Jennylucky said:

I have decided that if it isn't Monday (tomorrow) I think all hope is 99% lost and Thursday was it. Which was so fast I was left thinking whhhaaaastttt the f*** just happened. I was unlucky to get the message (these tickets are unavailable) and thought I had the wrong page and literally just panicked going to all different apps, what's app and here on the forum and Facebook and Twitter thinking why is it my link saying that when they ARE available frantically searching for the right link. When I should have just refreshed :( I can honestly say not signing up for checkpage was the worst mistake and I just want to kick myself but I did sign up on Thursday right after the sale I thought I'm not taking any chances the what's app group didn't alert me till 2 mins after it started so it gave me a minute literally.  anyway I do vauguely remember on Facebook last year and the year before people would post randomly right up until the festival that their were tickets available because see tickets must have had some cancelled ticket right up to the festival because of the insurance people take out incase they can't go. I do think that see tickets on Twitter should tweet their own tweet and say that's it no more tickets whatsoever full stop so don't bother and put everyone out of there misery like last year they tweeted that was it, and stop the representatives replying mixed messages to everyone I have a ticket, I've just been desperately trying to get my sister a ticket she's just the only one in the family who hasn't got one. And it's not going to be the same without her.  Just hoping they sell some more tomorrow :) 

Have a good day x

I had the checker and was downstairs making a cup of tea, by the time I got back to my PC they were gone. I then got the Whats App alerts but it was too late. I am going to keep trying but I fear the worst.

10 minutes ago, Travis Tee said:

I had the checker and was downstairs making a cup of tea, by the time I got back to my PC they were gone. I then got the Whats App alerts but it was too late. I am going to keep trying but I fear the worst.

Oh no I bet you wanted to cry waiting all that time and the one time you go get a cup of tea then boom. I hope you get a ticket some how :) 

4 minutes ago, Jennylucky said:

Oh no I bet you wanted to cry waiting all that time and the one time you go get a cup of tea then boom. I hope you get a ticket some how :) 

To tell the truth reading here even people who were on the page when it happened didn't get a ticket. Good luck to you as well, fingers crossed. I am off to make a cup of tea now as 9-00am has passed ;)

Feel bad for all the folk still checking every hour it must be so depressing. I would be doing the same if I hadn't have been lucky in the April resale. Think Glastonbury/See need to make an official statement at this point. 

12 hours ago, keb77 said:

I'm finding it hard to come to terms with but I'm still 60% possibly going! I have volunteering to do, but don't want to do it on my own, so trying to talk my husband or sister into it as they are allowing one person I know come with me as I've done it before.... My husband initially said flat out know, so I've thrown a strop, and now we are drinking wine he is thinking about it.....wish me luck! 

Of course ! 

I've not found any problem that cannot be resolved by wine. :-)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

Think Glastonbury/See need to make an official statement at this point. 

And what,  if they said "there is still a chance"  then it would decrease the odds for any folk in here still holding out? 

The key word here is secret :-)

The seven emotional stages of grief are usually understood to be shock or disbelief, denial, bargaining, guilt, anger, depression, and acceptance/hope.

Its intriguing how this process applies to lower level disappointment too... I've been lurking on this thread and the above reflects how people reacted to not getting tickets. Today, acceptance, tomorrow, hope! 

• Upvote 1

People have to remember where tickets come from to make a resale possible.

Most people pay deposits in October and settle in April. Those who don't settle in April go back into the pot, plus any cocked up sales (duplicates, credit card with no funds, etc)

In May people can ask for refunds, they go back into the pot.

So basically what you have left is any unsettled October sales, any May refunds, any insurance refunds, and anything inbetween when something went technically wrong.

Glasto will want to dispatch of these in as few 'tries' as possible

Most of my hope has transferred to competitions and magic, but I still hold out some hope for a resale. 

My problem is that I'm not good at the quick thinking required when I'm confronted by a new form on a website. My brain goes into "Argh WTF??" mode and I can't process it!

I'm hopeful, my theory is that they released 100 tickets or so then say they have no more to stop people bombarding their website and twitter because the secret sale had become not so secret anymore and had attracted a lot of attention. In 2013 we managed to get my brother a coach ticket 3 weeks before the festival and last year a friend notified my brother twice about secret resales and managed to bag tickets for friends. You just have to be on the ball and ready to strike as soon as they come up. I don't believe Thursday's sale was the only sale they will have so remain positive, only the strong and dedicated will succeed.

15 hours ago, musky said:

I thought I'd taken a screenshot of that page but it seems I didn't. For the most part it was just the regular page that had confirmation of the names and addresses of the entered reg numbers, only with light blue banners and lines instead of the more usual red. A message saying 'Sorry, we couldn't allocate tickets for the 'ADULT 16+ FULL PRICE' ticket type. Please make a different selection' then appeared above the Buy button at the bottom.

Edit: I've just realised someone posted a picture of the screen earlier. All that's missing off the top are the names and addresses of the people the tickets were for. Strange thing is that I don't remember the bit about water bottles and parking, though I did have other things on my mind at the time!

Many thanks for that! Yes, I saw the water bottles and parking, reading those possible cost me a ticket! :(

1 hour ago, Andycamper said:

I'm hopeful, my theory is that they released 100 tickets or so then say they have no more to stop people bombarding their website and twitter because the secret sale had become not so secret anymore and had attracted a lot of attention. In 2013 we managed to get my brother a coach ticket 3 weeks before the festival and last year a friend notified my brother twice about secret resales and managed to bag tickets for friends. You just have to be on the ball and ready to strike as soon as they come up. I don't believe Thursday's sale was the only sale they will have so remain positive, only the strong and dedicated will succeed.

I think I must have bought in that sale in 2013. I remember it was ridiculously close to the festival. I'd got my tickets in October but my dad later decided he wanted to return to Glastonbury to see The Stones (his favourite band). I promised I'd get him a ticket and failed miserably in the resale, then saw several secret resales pass me by. I happened to be on twitter one day and saw a tweet saying tickets were on sale right now. I tried to call my dad to make sure he was still OK to go (as we were so close to the festival at this point) but couldn't get through, so I just went ahead and bought the ticket. There's something extra special about getting a ticket so late in the game, when you've all but given up hope.

All this to say - don't give up hope! 

• Upvote 3