Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, Shiftyp9 said:

How do you get to that page?  I'm on extras and tour

The page now is unavailable if you had it open before it's still on but after entering details and proceed it goes to the page that you now get attempting that link. I have this page open on my phone but I'm so slow on that thing if tickets do become available I don't think I'll be quick enough 

On 5/19/2015 at 1:33 PM, siblin said:

this is pointing strongly toward a coach sale this aft

I just checked back in the thread and last year there was page activity the day after, specifically around the coaches. It didn't lead to any sales. e.g. see Siblin's post above. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

(Although I am obviously still keeping an eye on it for a friend myself. Was so sad I missed the chance yesterday, so close too).

I think there's definitely something fishy going on. Someone emailed Glastonbury yesterday and they advised they they don't know if any further tickets will be released, but chances to attend this year's festival are now very slim. See have also pretty much said they don't know if there'll be any more tickets.

Someone's telling porkies. Surely they must know if all the tickets have been sold? The only thing I can think of is tickets being put back into the pot from those who cannot attend and have claimed on the insurance?

Untitled.png

Just now, StLewi said:

I think there's definitely something fishy going on. Someone emailed Glastonbury yesterday and they advised they they don't know if any further tickets will be released, but chances to attend this year's festival are now very slim. See have also pretty much said they don't know if there'll be any more tickets.

Someone's telling porkies. Surely they must know if all the tickets have been sold? The only thing I can think of is tickets being put back into the pot from those who cannot attend and have claimed on the insurance?

This sounds to me like they *have* sold all the tickets available, but not processed the payments for all of them yet. So the only ones that become available againwill be ones where the payment process fails, due to incorrectly-entered details or insufficient funds in the account at the time. This is liable to be a very small number though! :( 

(Still keeping fingers crossed that the mythical coach sales could still materialise before our eyes...)

2 minutes ago, StLewi said:

Untitled.png

The actual Social Media team probably know as much as you and I. Wouldn't be worth sharing such info with them incase something slipped out. 

For a festival all about love and peace why are they such a holes when it comes to selling tickets? I really can't understand what is achieved by not telling us the truth? Only the dedicated are still on it so why wouldn't they want us to get tickets. It's like the cat playing with the mouse..........

21 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

haha thanks dude! I've been there a fair few times and know the exact spots I'll be heading straight away ;) Just deciding whether to drive or fly there. I like driving as then I can bring back plenty of chocomel

Haha! For some reason, that's not the word I was expecting that sentence to end on...

My trips go in the other direction of course, but I've developed a preference for driving to the UK as well. Unless it's just a day or two in London, I'll pick driving over flying.

15 minutes ago, dj matt james said:

Just a thought but the page that changed yesterday isn't listed on checkpage? or am I doing something wrong (wouldn't be the first time :-) )

it was, but whether you'd selected to be alerted about it is another thing. There's 2 Glasto pages listed.

The page that changed yesterday for the sale was the main tickets page, glastonbury.seetickets.com.

That actually (currently) redirects to content/extras but see could change that in a moment if they wished, so it's best to follow that redirecting url rather than the page it redirects to.

Just now, marcoolio said:

Haha! For some reason, that's not the word I was expecting that sentence to end on...

My trips go in the other direction of course, but I've developed a preference for driving to the UK as well. Unless it's just a day or two in London, I'll pick driving over flying.

It's surprising how short the journey is really. The only problem I have is parking in the city centre, I misunderstood the parking last year and ended up with a hefty bill at the end of my stay! 

4 minutes ago, StLewi said:

Untitled.png

Yeh that was me, this was the email 

image.png

I don't think SEE are deliberately holding back information or trying to make it harder for us, really. I think they genuinely don't know if any of the sold tickets from yesterday will become available again until they take the payments.

...although that said, they probably *do* know if there's going to be a coach resale! Tell us! Tell us!

Just now, Katir said:

For a festival all about love and peace why are they such a holes when it comes to selling tickets? I really can't understand what is achieved by not telling us the truth? Only the dedicated are still on it so why wouldn't they want us to get tickets. It's like the cat playing with the mouse..........

It's not really their fault - with such high demand for tickets there is always going to be lots of disappointed people and our big chance was always the main sale and resale - this is just a little bonus for those willing to take a chance.

morning people, although I was lucky yesterday, did take the shine off a little to see so many people on here equally as desperate to get tickets as me, not get them. I work form home and sat in front of computer 9-5, have a great program called WebSite-Watcher that worked for me yesterday with alerts. Although I have mine (and not sure anymore will go up) will be happy to help anyone else if needed still. Even though my program worked I wouldn't have stood a chance without following correct pages, pre loading details into form etc etc which I got from this thread. So not sure how I can, or if people feel happy giving details to others but if so please let me know.

5 minutes ago, Katir said:

That would fairly self defeating from your point of view.  As you can see from what's happened in the last couple of years with these "secret" ones, they've become known by everyone and therefore have higher competition.

The only advantage anyone has now is if other folks have given up and they do some quietly :) 

Just now, cb4747 said:

It's surprising how short the journey is really. The only problem I have is parking in the city centre, I misunderstood the parking last year and ended up with a hefty bill at the end of my stay! 

Oh, that's unfortunate!

I'd strongly advise parking outside the city centre in one of the Park+Ride locations (see http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/visiting/plan-your-trip/getting-around/parking/park-and-ride). The parking fee there is one euro per day, if you use public transport into the city. Just make sure you keep your travel card on you when you come back to pick up  your car, as you need it to prove that you have used public transport into the city.

Its seems a neutral party line to say 'chances are minimal' which they clearly are in the wider scheme of things, but the fact they suggest keeping an eye on the site clearly means there will be further availability.

How much that equates to is frankly anyone's guess, but until the announcement comes that all tickets are gone then its worth keeping an eye out. Trouble is, as we saw yesterday, that can mean it taking over life a bit!