Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, Abijones said:

Me neither, which page did it actually happen on? 

It was this one http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

all the changes earlier in the week seemed to be on the other one....so make sure you've got them both checked on check page

Edited by Levitz

3 minutes ago, Abijones said:

So is there any chance at all that there will be anymore GA tickets available? So gutted I missed it. How many people here were successful? It was so quick.

There are a couple of chances. One theory is that that wasn't all the spare tickets in the sale today, which is why it was so quick (although I don't really buy that, with the speed of SEE's servers), so if that's the case there will be another sale of GA tickets.

Also it's possible that when SEE take payment for today's sale some of the transactions will fail, so these tickets go into another flash sale, but that could be a very small number.

And there's the whole question of whether there will be a sale of coach tickets too! I'd say all is not lost. 

• Upvote 1

Neil - the check page function worked brilliantly. Well done, worth every penny of the paltry £5 it cost me. I didn't manage to get one sadly, but fortunately for me I've managed to get a place as a 'Love The Farm' steward. This means I'll be spending 8pm-5am Thursday and Saturday night making sure nobody is having a tinkle where they shouldn't be. Lady Luck really smiled on me there! 

See you all in the fields (the lucky ones) just make sure you keep your tallywhacker in your trousers outside the long drops or you might find a fat man offering to cut it off!

Those of you who weren't lucky - don't give up hope, enter competitions, keep your eyes peeled for opportunities to work, whatever you do, don't give up!!

• Upvote 1

I emailed Glastonbury festival and this was their reply:

Hi Katie,

Sorry we don’t have any information, all sales go via SEETickets, but we would stress at this stage the chances of attending the 2016 Festival are minimal.

Best wishes

Glastonbury Festival

12 minutes ago, Jolie23 said:

There's one that was posted a few times by a member about winning a ticket a day, and you enter a code. Could be any festival though..... 

That would have been me and it's original source, it was for 8 festivals selection is random you don't get to pick or transfer them so don't bother entering unless you're prepared to take the risk. You need to promotional bottles of original source.

I wasn't going to post this cos some will no doubt assume I'm touting for business, but seeing as people seem to have given up, I'm going to point out that I think there's still hope.

I'd have thought they'd be more-solid statements about no more tickets if there were no more tickets.

But who knows. I definitely don't.

Well done everyone who got a ticket!  Was glued to my computer all day (and yesterday and the day before and the day before etc etc) but finally had to go out to pick up a bike to ride in tomorrow's charity bike ride.  Drove into spot where there was only Edge and of course that's when it all kicked off - got Neil's text alert but no way to connect.  I've got a ticket but was trying to get one for my lovely cousin who's had a shit year and is desperate to go.  Oh well, I am keeping the faith - I can't believe they could have sold out so quickly and am banking on another flash sale - better not happen tomorrow when I'm cycling through the New Forest though!  Thanks to siblin and Neil for brilliant alerts.

Devistated,  don't even know what happen

couldn't have happened at a better time, I was on my break checking my phone when it happened

of cause I accidently did 2 or the same registration numbers and when i got it right it said they were unavailable 

The people at hoe were sitting at the computer with both the pages auto refreshing every 2 seconds and they said nothing happened at all

I don't understand how the link did not come up for them at all

it seems to have at least come up for everyone else, I mean they had no idea it had even happened and they were in front of the computer all day

beyond devistated and now I have to go back to work untill 8:15 and be all happy and help peagle ect.... I just can't do it, want to curl up in a ball and cry

Edited by cassw
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I wasn't going to post this cos some will no doubt assume I'm touting for business, but seeing as people seem to have given up, I'm going to point out that I think there's still hope.

I'd have thought they'd be more-solid statements about no more tickets if there were no more tickets.

I don't think those who weren't successful have given up for good I just think they probably feel pretty battered by this afternoon! I know I am but there's always hope, if not there's competitions, if not there's next year. It isn't the end of the world. You've done a smashing job with your check page and I've certainly had a fun week chasing web alerts!

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I would be inclined to agree with that.

At the end of the day when the main sale or resale sell out, Glastonbury are very quick to declare it as sold out.

I also think that unless you have days to spend on here pressing refresh, in which case you still may miss it, you have to just do what you can whilst living a normal life and hope for the best. I was literally sat on my phone for 2 hours today, plus the computer all week previously, got up to get something to eat and within that 20 seconds it's gone. You can't compensate for that and you can't possibly expect to be that 'on it,' that you never miss it, even if you were there at exactly the right second you still may not have gotten through.

when it gets to this stage the chances are already slim, just got to hope for the best.

2 minutes ago, mgc07 said:

I think they should limit the secret sale to one ticket per person, would make it a tiny bit fairer 

That would be silly as then there would be no point in me trying for my boyfriend and I. We wouldn't go without each other.

(I will add that I'm sure it isn't just myself who needs 2 tickets) 

Edited by cb4747

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Yeah I agree with this, seems like nobody is categorically ruling out more sales. Sod's law I have been watching it all week like a hawk and the one time I have to be in a lecture for an hour they all go. I have my ticket luckily but gutted for my mate who I was trying for and fingers crossed there are more to come

Does anyone else think that, rather than 'keeping back' tickets, other multi-secret resales may have been as a result of problems issuing refunds to some people, which then are put on sale later? Also hoping that maybe they 'repurpose' some tickets returned from other markets...probably less likely

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

My thoughts exactly. There was a categorical statement within 20 minutes last year, but at the moment we're getting quite mixed signals - all this talk of minimal chances and keeping your eyes on the website.

The game is still afoot!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Here's hoping so. Missed out on tix today hit proceed and was sold out . Devastated but don't want to give up hope yet. 

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Fingers crossed it's 8pm tonight when everyone is listening to the Roses or watching the eurovision semi :lol:

Thanks for the checkpage Neil. My fingers weren't quick enough to get my friends there but the alerting worked an absolute treat.

I am beyond devastated at the moment. 4 solid days with the page monitors and I still wasn't quick enough. I can't even talk about it yet. I am going to go quiet for a while.

Thanks to everyone who kept me company in this thread for the last week.

• Upvote 2